PDA

View Full Version : Men Who Cross-Dress

The Devil Man
11-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Your Good Friend Devil Man is wondering...

What do you think of Men who dress up as Women :confused:

Ergo...

Cross-Dressers! :eek:

And, indeedy, WHY do Men dress up as Women? :confused:

http://www.boomersfunnies.com/Pictures/Oh%20My%20God.jpg

Rude posts will be deleted. ~Shlup

Araciel
11-24-2006, 09:34 AM
i think if they feel good doin it or whatever...more power to them, i just think it usually looks absurd.

i did it for halloween when i was 10 or 11 i think.

Shlup
11-24-2006, 09:37 AM
I don't think anything of men who dress up as women. I don't care.

There are lots of different reasons males dress up as females: they suffer from Gender Identity Dysphoria, they feel more comfotable in dresses, it makes them feel pretty, it makes them feel sexy, it makes them feel aroused, they think it's funny... Whatever. Doesn't hurt anyone.

Anaisa
11-24-2006, 09:38 AM
I think their good for a laugh. An the ones who actually want to be taken seriously as women are the funniest.

vorpal blade
11-24-2006, 09:43 AM
I think they look kinda creepy. I've got no problem with them doing it, I accept who they are, but they still look kinda creepy. Norman Bates creepy.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Kalen Compernolle is a big fan.

Rusty
11-24-2006, 09:47 AM
It's totally weird.

And slightly creepy.

Dell
11-24-2006, 09:49 AM
They're gonna be the ruler of Earth.

No.78
11-24-2006, 10:00 AM
the ones who actually want to be taken seriously as women are the funniest.

Polaris
11-24-2006, 11:54 AM
They're gonna be the ruler of Earth.

True :p If they feel all right in dresses why not? There are some travestis who have more beautiful legs than we real woman do :whimper: it's frustating!

I Am Stoner
11-24-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't think anything of men who dress up as women. I don't care.

Well said.

Its thier life, they can dress however they want, just because they are different people seem to be scared of them. So what? They enjoy it so let them do it without kicking up /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif about it.

Levian
11-24-2006, 01:08 PM
In my dark internetpast a girl asked me if I wanted to be her internetboyfriend, and I said no. That gave her inspiration to write poetry, and I remember one in particular named "Daniel, the crossdresser."

I'm fine with people crossdressing, why wouldn't I be? But I must admit it's a bit scary when they really look like girls and then they start talking and their voice is really dark. :D

Mirage
11-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey, what about girls who cross dress? :(

Resha
11-24-2006, 01:14 PM
My best friend is a "man". She cross-dresses everyday of her life. He shows me pictures of really pretty women, and I exclaim, "Oh, how pretty! <3!" and she goes, "It's a man ^____^"

I can't even tell the difference anymore. It makes me fearful. It's actually more than a little creepy xD

Giga Guess
11-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Eh. Whatever floats their boat.

Shaun
11-24-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't think you should be mean towards them. I used to talk to a guy on Messenger who's a cross-dresser. I always thought that was rather strange, but he was a decent guy and was good to talk to. Sure, there are plenty of weird people out there, but you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Oh, and the fact that most of you have probably considered cosplay doesn't help.

Roto13
11-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Eh. Whatever floats their boat blows their skirt up.

I find it kind of annoying, really. It's one of a million gay stereotypes I'd like to see shot in the head before the end of the decade.

Mirage
11-24-2006, 02:04 PM
My best friend is a "man". She cross-dresses everyday of her life. He shows me pictures of really pretty women, and I exclaim, "Oh, how pretty! <3!" and she goes, "It's a man ^____^"

I can't even tell the difference anymore. It makes me fearful. It's actually more than a little creepy xD
So, is your friend male or female?

Emerald weapon
11-24-2006, 02:06 PM
They are quite funny ahmean did anybody see the weakest link with all the drag queens as contestants?it was very amusing!

Jowy
11-24-2006, 03:03 PM
*teehee*

I think it's entertaining. I went to a drag show a few months ago and had a BLAST.

Christmas
11-24-2006, 03:28 PM
NANNY MANUS has experience on this one.

BlackChocobo
11-24-2006, 05:27 PM
If they arnt doing it in public and doing it in private i'm ok with it.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey, if someone was born in the wrong gender, and find a way to deal with it that makes them feel better, like cross-dressing, I have no problems with it.

Of course, it might look more convincing if the person used the complete solution: operations to have a sex change. Some people either don't have to money or don't want the operation, so if this is what they have to do to feel comfortable, that's fine. Problems may erupt from people who fear and discriminate against these types of individuals, but that may be the price a person has to pay if he or she is convinced that he or she was born in the wrong gender.

I remember when I was young (under 10 at least) my family went to a production of "the Phatom of the Opera" and my father quietly told us that a group of women were actually men. I was shocked, confused, and a bit scared. I didn't understand why anyone would do that.

And this is the key to all forms of discrimination. That feeling of being confused, not understanding, and then fearing. Later I understood the issue, but many of you other teenagers, of even adults, will not accept these people for who they are and what they feel they need to do. At least, most of you people are creeped out about it. I find it a little disconcerting myself; but I accept it, and I don't fear it.

If more people had the ability for empathy over these issues, it wouldn't even need discussion; it would just be accepted.

Madame Adequate
11-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Why not wear clothes one likes?

Shiny
11-24-2006, 08:31 PM
I find cross-dressers confusing at times, because some of them are really good at it and I can never seem to determine their gender. But, I don't mind if they do it if it makes them happy and makes them feel pretty.

Though someone should tell him to stop cross-dressing:

http://www.whudat.com/news/images/newyork.jpg

Peter_20
11-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Why do cross-dressing guys always fail at catching the true hotness of a girl?
They never come out right, IMO.

I like dressing up as a girl myself (although I never use skirts, I prefer more general styles), simply because I'm turned on by it, but I really don't like the exaggerated transvestite-style.
I always aim for the true, feminine beauty, which far surpasses guys like the one the topic creator posted, begging your pardon. :p

Cloud in FF7 succeeded at this: he actually looked hot in that cute way. :)

SammieBabe
11-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Wait a second....Nope, sorry. Still couldn't give a crap...

LunarWeaver
11-24-2006, 08:49 PM
I could never find the energy to care about something like this.

Alive-Cat
11-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't know about full on cross-dressing, but I definitely do a lot of girly stuff.
I wear eyeliner, girl's accessories (such as pink wrist bands and full on pink gloves,) pink and black nail varnish, girl's jeans etc.
I wear the girl's jeans just because they don't do men's that are tight enough. :p

Elite Lord Sigma
11-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey, Devil Man, do you spend your free time coming up with subjects like these for threads?

Anyway, I really don't care about this at all, unless there is somebody like that after me (which there isn't).

Cloudane
11-24-2006, 10:51 PM
If it's done for a laugh or a charity event or whatever, then why not. People get to laugh *with* them and it's all good fun.

As for actual transvestites - ew, no. We have one in our local area, and he's extremely manly... hairy legs with stockings on, *massive* feet, this big round extremely fake looking wig, make-up etc. He looks absolutely awful. He gets filmed on phone cameras and texted around a lot these days, and even featured on a youtube video which is now famous in our area - I'd feel sorry for him, but he's got such an assy and arrogant personality that frankly he deserves what he gets.

Sylvie
11-24-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't care. As long as they aren't chasing me or pissing me off.

Roto13
11-24-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't care. As long as they aren't chasing me or pissing me off.

ph33r the man in the denim skirt and blouse.

The Captain
11-24-2006, 11:03 PM
It's not really a big deal to me. Clothing is almost always about some sort of expression or about making a statement anyway. I view this as just an extension of that, of being an individual.

Besides, one of my favorite comics, Eddie Izzard, has been known to do it from time to time and it hasn't detracted from my enjoyment of his work by any means.

Take care all.

Fire_Emblem776
11-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Some guys do look pretty though, and get confused for a woman if they do it right. (Jpop band groups)

yojimbosoul
11-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Cross dressers...
I have a friend who was a crossdresser....sadly he stopped after grade 10 where he was being picked on...

anyways, crossdresser just want to see what it is like to be someone else.

Girls dress up as guys, guys dress up like a girl. If they aren't child molesters, than they just wan't some freedom.

DarkLadyNyara
11-25-2006, 12:22 AM
Your Good Friend Devil Man is wondering...

What do you think of Men who dress up as Women :confused:

Ergo...

Cross-Dressers! :eek:

And, indeedy, WHY do Men dress up as Women? :confused:

I don't think anything. It isn't my concern.

As for why, I think it's an "If you have to ask, you will never comprehend the answer" kind of thing.

Cloudane
11-25-2006, 12:30 AM
Some guys do look pretty though, and get confused for a woman if they do it right. (Jpop band groups)

Oh yes. I touched on this issue in the gay/bi poll thread.

Hanson were very good at this (American group, I think) and it wasn't even intentional! I had the hots bigtime for one of them when I was 16, and then someone told me he was male and I was like errrrr oh crap I'm gay XD

I'd possibly go gay for Gackt, too. (Though that's probably because of my emotional attachments to FF characters and the fact that Cloud and Squall were based on him)

I'd best update my response in that other thread :P

BlackChocobo
11-25-2006, 12:32 AM
As for actual transvestites - ew, no. We have one in our local area, and he's extremely manly... hairy legs with stockings on, *massive* feet, this big round extremely fake looking wig, make-up etc. He looks absolutely awful. He gets filmed on phone cameras and texted around a lot these days, and even featured on a youtube video which is now famous in our area - I'd feel sorry for him, but he's got such an assy and arrogant personality that frankly he deserves what he gets.
Sick! :eek: He should at least have the decency to shave his legs!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-25-2006, 12:32 AM
They do it because they want to feel pretty. :bigsmile:

Mirage
11-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Yeah, guys think it's unfair that they can't wear all the pretty clothes that girls can wear.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Someone electing to be a woman is a concept so foreign to me that it's not worth me thinking about.

BardTard
11-25-2006, 03:55 AM
I think their good for a laugh. An the ones who actually want to be taken seriously as women are the funniest.

Yeah that. :D I don't look down on them or anything. Just funny.

BlackChocobo
11-25-2006, 07:01 AM
LOL its like the white kid from the suburbs who tries to pass off as black. I once saw a talk show where some guy really believed he was a "black man in a white mans body". I generally see MTF tranvestites and wiggers the same category.

Eiko Guy
11-25-2006, 07:31 AM
I have mixed feelings about cross dressers i mean i would hopefully never do it but then i think of how its against the norm. I am bi so yeah but thats too far for me

Resha
11-25-2006, 09:26 AM

So, is your friend male or female?

She's a man. Hardcore.