PDA

View Full Version : Link Vs. Tidus....hmm, Hero of Time vs. ...dream man?

Dante WolfWood
11-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Me and a good Friend were having an arugment one day (mind you, my good friend is my evil half of my brain) and he said that Tidus Would woop Link's Arse, but I told him that Link would chop him to bits, but he just called me a pansy, told me to put my skirt back on, and continue strippin at the strip joint....

so, who in your opinion would win? Link or Tidus?

Hero of Time? or Hero of Spira?

(mind you, think OUTSIDE of the game, you know, the sphere grid where Tidus can be a an all powerful TITAN!!!)

Zeromus_X
11-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Sorry, Link. :) :cat:

Dante WolfWood
11-24-2006, 10:39 PM
make sure ya vote!!!

Kuroshima
11-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Link would win.

Dante WolfWood
11-25-2006, 03:01 AM
well, I think so too but give us some reason's why.

I think so bc, even tho both of them start out as "non swordsman", (well, in all but a couple of zeldas) Link is pressured to become the best and QUICK...Tidus has no pressure at all; he could run and cry away while sin is never permanetly destroyed. plus, Link is cooler :p

Meat Puppet
11-25-2006, 03:04 AM
Tidus. I’ll try to think of a reason later on.

Dante WolfWood
11-25-2006, 03:50 AM
I think meat puppet is the dark side of my brain...I mean, he has me in a skirt as his icon!!!

:D

Prancing Mad
11-25-2006, 03:59 AM
love the game but, tidus is a wimp. link would destory him

Dante WolfWood
11-25-2006, 04:13 AM
yeah Tidus was a pansy...I hate to say that bc I see so much of myself in him...>.>

RiseToFall
11-25-2006, 04:22 AM
I love FF X, but come on, this isn't even a contest. Link would take out Tidus with ease.

Spammerman
11-25-2006, 04:25 AM
Me. hands down.I have a bow, nuts, sword, 5 costumes, and a flute. a magical flute. that plays songs. And I can travel back 3 days. Lets see Tidus beat that. Well, He only has a sword. ,magic, and traveled 1000 years into the future, but he can't get back. Hes not even real.

Dante WolfWood
11-25-2006, 05:58 AM
well, tidus had a....blitzball????

Firo Volondé
11-25-2006, 06:21 AM
Me. hands down.I have a bow, nuts, sword, 5 costumes, and a flute. a magical flute. that plays songs. And I can travel back 3 days. Lets see Tidus beat that. Well, He only has a sword. ,magic, and traveled 1000 years into the future, but he can't get back. Hes not even real.

If you want to get technical, Tidus never travelled to the future. He came from Dream Zanarkand, in the present day. I don't want to get into a discussion about that, though. I voted for Tidus, because he has Overdrives, plus his girlfriend is hotter.:cool:

4evarisha
11-25-2006, 06:22 AM
I always thought Tidus was the best So he would totally win:)

LunarWeaver
11-25-2006, 06:31 AM
My completely unbiased opinion tells me to vote for Tidus.

Rainecloud
11-25-2006, 07:09 AM
Tidus, because he doesn't wear a green miniskirt.

Dell
11-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Link.

Markus. D
11-25-2006, 08:57 AM
unfortuanetly, Tidus

99999 damage far exceeds what Link can deal.

99999 HP is what Tidus has... and Link has what? 6?

Roto13
11-25-2006, 01:48 PM
I haven't seen Link cry once. Link wins.

ama124
11-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Sorry, Tidus is my pick. Tidus can whip out alot more damage then Link can (99999 break limit :D) and tidus is an awesome character so i pick him

Larahl
11-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Link will win.
You need a reason?
Tidus will whine about how much he hate his father, and Link will have the chance to strike with all his might.
Poor Tidus.

I Am Stoner
11-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Link all they way, he looks so much cooler than tidus.

Roto13
11-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Who knows how strong Link is? Maybe everything in Hyrule is a million times stronger than everything in Spira.

Craig
11-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Or maybe the numbers used in the game to determine damage and hitpoints mean nothing.

Roto13
11-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Haven't you heard of an exchange rate, fool?

Levian
11-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Link would win because he has the triforce of Courage. Tidus has the triforce of Whining.

Dante WolfWood
11-25-2006, 04:58 PM
lol, dang we got some Tidus haters and Link haters...I think the green tunic is pimpin...I mean, I'd wear one if I could pull it off...

but yeah, based NOT on numbers in the game,but out of your unbiased opinion (lol, thats an oxymoron) of who has better skills, who would win?

Nasarian Altimeros
11-25-2006, 05:10 PM
unfortuanetly, Tidus

Please tell me you are not attempting to compare the battle mechanics in a cRPG and an action-adventure game.

Dante WolfWood
11-25-2006, 05:13 PM
unfortuanetly, Tidus

Please tell me you are not attempting to compare the battle mechanics in a cRPG and an action-adventure game.

lol, my point exactly, this is based on skill, not numbers...zelda which is an action/adventure game doesnt have any number based battles except the adventure of Link (Action-rpg), which IMO SUCKED....

ljkkjlcm9
11-25-2006, 08:23 PM
I really hope EoFF general gaming forum doesn't turn into a bunch of vs like some other forums... I'd really hate that

but Link

THE JACKEL

Ashley Schovitz
11-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Link has been fighting since the dawn of time. He saved a world at 8 years old 3 times, saved it twice again at 14, and 3 times again as an adult. Tidus fights with allies so he's not that good on his own. Link wins period.

Dante WolfWood
11-25-2006, 09:44 PM
nice description but umm, explain to me where you got those ages? are you talking about a timeline theory? bc theres millions of em....many believe there was more than one generations of link...sorry, I'm rambling, but yeah, whered you get those numbers?

Fire_Emblem776
11-25-2006, 11:30 PM
If you pay attention to the game manuals, guides, ext.

Dante WolfWood
11-25-2006, 11:31 PM
never noticed those numbers...>.> sorry, I am a bum...thats an extensive knowledge to have on hand

Markus. D
11-26-2006, 01:33 AM
unfortuanetly, Tidus

xD *nods*

:3

or else Caim would win everything.

Frozen Phantom
11-26-2006, 01:39 AM
Link has battled through over 50 dungeons, saved princess zelda who knows how many F##king times, has the master sword, gone through about 4 character changes, has tons and tons of gagets and dodads (most noted is theSpinner from TP), knows tons of kick a## sword attacks, can turn into a wolf, has the triforce of courage, has about 6 outfits (counting OoT and TP), has a shield, can somehow get through everyone of his games without talking. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY! LINK DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE TURNS ATTACKING! By the time Tidus gets one attack in Link will already have his sword to Tidus' neck.

And the list keeps going on and on and on and on and on

LunarWeaver
11-26-2006, 02:05 AM
You people and your Link. If I ever go on an adventure to save the world, I'll be sure to be completely mute and devoid of any personality whatsoever so that way I can be loved.

Although I doubt that scenario is going to be popping up any day soon anyway.

Timerk
11-26-2006, 02:10 AM
Link is a hero of destiny who marries/dates/flirts with a princess, but Tidus is just a guy who was put in a strange situation and made the best of it. Link is more a traditional hero, but I think Tidus has more heart and guts.

escobert
11-26-2006, 02:10 AM
Tidus would pull down his pants and bend over to Link like the bitch he is.
Tidus saved one world Links saved like 20.

Dante WolfWood
11-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Link is a hero of destiny who marries/dates/flirts with a princess, but Tidus is just a guy who was put in a strange situation and made the best of it. Link is more a traditional hero, but I think Tidus has more heart and guts.

NO YOU DID NOT SAY TIDUS HAD HEART AND GUTS!!!?!?!?! ARE YOU CRAZY??

*goes and finds a screwdriver and stabs his eyes out

Tidus was the BIGGEST PANSY EVER. to prove it; lets just say Tidus was transported to spira and never met wakka, Yuna, or rikku...if he didnt know that sin was somehow...."close" to him and he didnt know anyone that was directly affected by sin (guardians and yuna) he'd be a pansy playin blitzball running from sin his whole life. Tidus didnt see it as a calling to save spira...Link ALWAYS saw saving Hyrule as a calling and something he had to do...not bc he WAS a hero, but bc it was the right thing to do, no matter what life he had, or what kind of skill or training...I mean, Tidus was an all-star athlete, still a pansy; Link in OoT, had NO training at all and killed a GIANT (See? GIANT) spider with a knife, and DIDNT CRY ABOUT IT...

when there was a problem, link went running to try his best to fix it...(ahem, thats why hes the character that carries...ya know, Triforce of Courage....)

Link=hero; yeah, traditional hero, but still a hero

Tidus=PANSY:mad2: :mad: :cry: :rolleyes2 :mad2:

EDIT: 12 ft spider...there, happy? :p XD

Roto13
11-26-2006, 02:45 AM
He killed a spider with a knife? Pfft. I killed one with a napkin.

Ashley Schovitz
11-26-2006, 02:51 AM

Tidus was the BIGGEST PANSY EVER. to prove it; lets just say Tidus was transported to spira and never met wakka, Yuna, or rikku...if he didnt know that sin was somehow...."close" to him and he didnt know anyone that was directly affected by sin (guardians and yuna) he'd be a pansy playin blitzball running from sin his whole life. Tidus didnt see it as a calling to save spira...Link ALWAYS saw saving Hyrule as a calling and something he had to do...not bc he WAS a hero, but bc it was the right thing to do, no matter what life he had, or what kind of skill or training...I mean, Tidus was an all-star athlete, still a pansy; Link in OoT, had NO training at all and killed a spider with a knife, and DIDNT CRY ABOUT IT...

when there was a problem, link went running to try his best to fix it...(ahem, thats why hes the character that carries...ya know, Triforce of Courage....)

Does everyone have to bash on Tidus forever! MyGOD IT'S GETTING SICKENING!

escobert
11-26-2006, 02:52 AM
MY GOD SO IS HE! :D

Roto13
11-26-2006, 02:54 AM

LOL CRY LIKE TIDUS

LunarWeaver
11-26-2006, 02:59 AM
Real mean cry, Roto. Real men cry.

These Vs. threads really reinvigorate people's passion.

Dante WolfWood
11-26-2006, 03:11 AM
yes they do...why do you think I started it? its fun and entertaining to see people (and mine) opinions, biased minds, and addicted passions flare up....plus, tidus was a frilly schoolgirl.

:p

Real men cry; youre right; but real heros suck it up and do whats gotta be done...

Hero's save civilizations...Men bring it down...I would know, I'm a man.

edit: I cant quit XD

Real men=Cry (yeah right...lol)

Real Men who cry and try to be heros=PANSIES (ahem, tidus) ;p

Christmas
11-26-2006, 03:20 AM
This thread wins the internet.

Markus. D
11-26-2006, 03:22 AM
dont forget, With Lulu's path, Tidus gains an uber amount of evasion.

Frozen Phantom
11-26-2006, 03:22 AM

To answer your question simply, yes

Dante WolfWood
11-26-2006, 07:05 PM
well, I think its settled...seems people thin kLink would whoop Tidus back to zanarkand...

The left-handed hero prevails!!!

(yes, in TW he is right-handed, but he's a pansy then)

Nominus Experse
11-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Link, for reasons already expressed in this thread

But then Squall or someone else would show up and simply blast them with a gun

Eiko Guy
11-26-2006, 09:09 PM
this is how i see it link slashes tidus flips over and stabs link through the forehead PWNED or tidus horizonatally slashes link jumps back so tidus flips backward toward him over him and through the back with his sword . tidus slices the boomerang in half and laughs PWNED

ljkkjlcm9
11-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Link is only right-handed in the Wii version, he is still left-handed in the Gamecube version of the game.

THE JACKEL

Spammerman
11-26-2006, 10:02 PM
this is how i see it link slashes tidus flips over and stabs link through the forehead PWNED or tidus horizonatally slashes link jumps back so tidus flips backward toward him over him and through the back with his sword . tidus slices the boomerang in half and laughs PWNED

A) Link can just use din fire
B) Link can throw down a deku nut, freeze tidus in the air, and shoot him.
\\

Eiko Guy
11-26-2006, 10:39 PM

Tidus was the BIGGEST PANSY EVER. to prove it; lets just say Tidus was transported to spira and never met wakka, Yuna, or rikku...if he didnt know that sin was somehow...."close" to him and he didnt know anyone that was directly affected by sin (guardians and yuna) he'd be a pansy playin blitzball running from sin his whole life. Tidus didnt see it as a calling to save spira...Link ALWAYS saw saving Hyrule as a calling and something he had to do...not bc he WAS a hero, but bc it was the right thing to do, no matter what life he had, or what kind of skill or training...I mean, Tidus was an all-star athlete, still a pansy; Link in OoT, had NO training at all and killed a GIANT (See? GIANT) spider with a knife, and DIDNT CRY ABOUT IT...

EDIT: 12 ft spider...there, happy? :p XD
okay lets say link is born grows up and does yeah but noone ever tells him of his destiny he just happens to miss it then oh well right. link has been a swordsman many times so it's second nature to him tidus just picked up a sword and learned as he went. Tidus sacrifices himself for a whole world. Link defeats ganon but he comes back, tidus defeats sin and he stays gone. Link fights an evil person. Tidus fights a huge monster and wins

Link TIdus
Reincarnated many times has to say unliving
Saves a dumb girl over and over Sayves an entire planet
has learned to be a swordsman was forced to learn quickly
has many weapons can only use one
has no personality has a heart of gold
has to fight a bad guy and win has to fight his dad and win

I say tidus wins that

link throws a nut at tidus but tidus already uses blitz ace and is too fast to catch.

Or tidus catches the nut and only his glove freezes then he smashes links head wwith the frozen glove

ljkkjlcm9
11-26-2006, 11:22 PM
I think it should be pointed out that Link is not a swordsman, and in most games he gets a sword and must learn to use it. Link is also not the same person in every game. Most obviously being Wind Waker, it's a completely different person from any of the other Zelda games. Link is multiple people. Link also does not save a "dumb girl" over and over. In fact a number of the games don't even involve zelda, for example, all the Gameboy exclusive zelda games (link's awakening, oracle of ages, oracle of seasons) and Majora's Mask. Link learned to be a swordsman just a fast, in fact faster than Tidus did. The fact that Link can use multiple weapons, and Tidus can only use one, further proves that Link is better than Tidus. Fighting your dad is also overused and boring, oh and Tidus is a crybaby.

Link was an orphan and yet still won the heart of Hyrule and saved everyone...

Link wins hands down.

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
11-26-2006, 11:29 PM
I think it should be pointed out that Link is not a swordsman, and in most games he gets a sword and must learn to use it. Link is also not the same person in every game. Most obviously being Wind Waker, it's a completely different person from any of the other Zelda games. Link is multiple people. Link also does not save a "dumb girl" over and over. In fact a number of the games don't even involve zelda, for example, all the Gameboy exclusive zelda games (link's awakening, oracle of ages, oracle of seasons) and Majora's Mask. Link learned to be a swordsman just a fast, in fact faster than Tidus did. The fact that Link can use multiple weapons, and Tidus can only use one, further proves that Link is better than Tidus. Fighting your dad is also overused and boring, oh and Tidus is a crybaby.

Link wins hands down.

THE JACKAL
Even though You are a squall fan, this more than makes up for it. I no longer hate you as much as I use to.

Eiko Guy
11-26-2006, 11:37 PM

Link wins hands down.

THE JACKAL

ljkkjlcm9
11-27-2006, 12:16 AM

Link wins hands down.

THE JACKAL
Even though You are a squall fan, this more than makes up for it. I no longer hate you as much as I use to.
uh thanks I suppose, I never knew I expressed that I was a squall "fan", but that's another topic. Link is one of the coolest characters in a video game ever, and one of the most diverse. He's also pretty darn smart to figure out all those complicated puzzles!

outlaw starwind, what's the point of your post above me? I argued against all the points you made, then you quoted me and said nothing, forgive me but I do not understand.

THE JACKEL

Eiko Guy
11-27-2006, 12:43 AM
MY computer is acting shoddy what i was trying to say is link learns to be a swordsman way slower than tidus tidus within a minute has picked up a sword and starts fighting with it. I have played windwaker and seen him and his teacher. Tidus is faster then link and we all know he is stronger physically.

KentaRawr!
11-27-2006, 01:05 AM
Well, apparently this is putting all the Link's together. Therefore, Link now has all the items other Links have had. So apparently, Link not only has a gun that shoots burning bullets, but also a bow that shoots bombs attached to arrows. Groovy for Link.

Eiko Guy
11-27-2006, 01:10 AM
yeah we should pick a linkk and not just all because there is more than one time line so lets choose a time line link

Dante WolfWood
11-27-2006, 01:33 AM
actually, like The jackal said, there are many different links and have different beginnings, but it is fair to say, link was no master swordsmen, he had to learn on the adventures he had. Also, if you remember in the beginning of FFX, Tidus SUCKED, he only made it thru the hordes of monsters bc of Auron, BARELY made it alive at the sunken city (running), defeated the monster at the fire with rikku, rikku, as weak as she is, one shots Tidus in the stomach, and then Tidus has trained guardians who fight alongside Thru out the WHOLE game...how is he pressured to become a great swordsmen and how did he learn it fast? Also, you have no proof Tidus was stronger, according to the sphere grid at the beginning, and the story, every male guardian was stronger than him. Face it, Tidus Was a very speedy character but at the same time, was a pansy and was physically weak.

Ok, if we pick one link, then you can only base Tidus off of his route on the sphere grid; mind you; was fast, but wasnt as strong as auron, wakka, or (possibly) kimahri. (hint hint:Link, is physically stronger)

Link wins hands down.

THE JACKAL

Couldnt have said it better myself

Also, if you played the game and payed attention, Tidus had a big problem with outer shell and high defense characters....Link has a shield and knows how to use it. I think that is a major advantage. (maybe not to you)

Last thing: who said Link is reincarnated? is it not possible that the hero bloodline runs through his family and is a different link everytime? I mean, they never state he was reincarnated, that one was pulled thru thin air

Eiko Guy
11-27-2006, 01:49 AM
So every few generations they decide to give someone the same name as their hero ancestor and it just happens to be one with similar potential. yeah.

link saved the world
tidus saved the world even though he wasn't real that's how hard he pwns

Dante WolfWood
11-27-2006, 02:10 AM
So every few generations they decide to give someone the same name as their hero ancestor and it just happens to be one with similar potential. yeah.

link saved the world
tidus saved the world even though he wasn't real that's how hard he pwns

Nobody said they decided to name them link...the hero bloodline thru them, his family just decides to name the males link...and he gets chosen to save the world..

I mean, how many King Henry's were there? were they the reincarnation of The 1st henry? NO...

so if Link was a dream, that would make him....cool? How is that relevant? and how does that make him stronger?

edit: no ones knows for sure; Nintendo has only offically stated that the link's are of generation, and leave it up to us to make our own timeline, with a few official timeline hints given by them....

but no, not reincarnation

ljkkjlcm9
11-27-2006, 03:05 AM
Tidus didn't save the world alone, Link did.

Link didn't learn how to use a sword slower than Tidus. Maybe in one or two games he is trained, but there are others that he knows how to use it well immediately after getting it. Anyways, you've basically already lost and are grabbing for straws at this point.

THE JACKEL

Spammerman
11-27-2006, 03:29 AM
not Fierce Deity Link.

Dante WolfWood
11-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Deity link was a mask, had nothing to do with Link's skill;irrelevant to this.

NorthernChaosGod
11-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Link wins, no contest.

Deity link was a mask, had nothing to do with Link's skill;irrelevant to this.

The Fierce Diety Mask is the same as Tidus getting his ultimate weapon. It's just another item at his disposal, it's fair game.

Dante WolfWood
11-27-2006, 08:30 PM
good point...well, then hands down, it is definetetly Link