PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying Mob Hunt!

skillzboy4
11-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Ok ive been doing alot of mob hunts lately and i wanna know whats the most annoying mob hunt for you... mine is definetly the seer hunt i mean putting the black orbs in the alters in each room gets extremely annoying and takes so much time!!

Madame Adequate
11-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Ring Wyrm. Got him on the ropes, just built up a full MP bar for another summon of Belias to finish him off. He uses recover and gets tons of health. Then he kills Belias before Belias can even do a single attack. I ask you; what the Hux?

Dell
11-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Lindwyrm, damn you, coward! When will you appear?
Overlord, it's that Seeq fault, he keep dying after one Pyromania! Poor me, have to spend MP and time for Curaga, while I can kick the Overlord ass in no time.
Vyraal, he run away and heal himself back to full HP, bad boy.
"Belito", REDDAS SUCKED. BURN IN HELL, SUCKY REDDAS. He attacked blatantly, I couldn't steal from Ba'Gamnan because he's so sucky, so I decided to kill him, and turn off my Ally: KO --> Phoenix Down Gambit.

I can't decide which one is annoying.

Timerk
11-25-2006, 11:31 AM
The Trickster, especially near the end when he puts his shield up. Also, when he is running all over the place, very annoying.

Ichimonji
11-25-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm going to agree with the topic starter and say the Seer hunt is the most annoying as well as the Ixion hunt, because to find it you generally have to do the same thing, since it is in the same vicinity.

Delving into Subterra in general is annoying though.

Dell
11-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm going to agree with the topic starter and say the Seer hunt is the most annoying as well as the Ixion hunt, because to find it you generally have to do the same thing, since it is in the same vicinity.

Delving into Subterra in general is annoying though.

The monster there is a killer. You have to wait about 5 minute for Ixion to appear, that just sucked.

The Unknown Guru
11-26-2006, 06:21 AM
I hated the Marilith. it was easy to kill, but I hate waiting. Also, waiting for the Lindwyrm is time-consuming, not to mention that it's waiting.

There were others, too.

ekkatin
11-27-2006, 07:34 PM
is this the one in the Panarama Rift? When there is a blizzard? I can't get him to appear either.

Tainted Angel
11-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Cuckatrise and the Chickatrise. Fuckers can one hit me (lvl 14-12) and they all come to attack me when I attack one. Hate the Chckatrise.

Dell
11-28-2006, 07:16 AM
is this the one in the Panarama Rift? When there is a blizzard? I can't get him to appear either.

No, that's Fafnir, he'll only appear during the blizzard.

vorpal blade
11-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Ixion. While he himself was easy, the King Bomb you have to fight is annoying, what with "recover" and all. Bah!

Dell
11-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Ixion. While he himself was easy, the King Bomb you have to fight is annoying, what with "recover" and all. Bah!

Braegh. Ixion is in Subterra and is way harder.

The Unknown Guru
11-29-2006, 03:33 AM
Oh yeah, now I remember. Gil Snapper. Call me retarded, but I can't figure out how to get to it for my life.

Dynast-Kid
11-29-2006, 03:44 AM
Oh yeah, now I remember. Gil Snapper. Call me retarded, but I can't figure out how to get to it for my life.

Just wander around the Giza Plains for awhile and keep checking the Tracks of the Beast area, he'll show up eventually. The game says he'll show up when the rain is the heaviest, but when I found him, I personally couldn't see a difference in the rain. And he's easier than you'd think.

As for most annoying Hunt, I can't defeat the White Mousse! It's hard, especially with the Lizard, Malboro Overkings, and Water Elemental that fight alongside it! I can't beat him...:(

Dell
11-29-2006, 07:34 AM

Just wander around the Giza Plains for awhile and keep checking the Tracks of the Beast area, he'll show up eventually. The game says he'll show up when the rain is the heaviest, but when I found him, I personally couldn't see a difference in the rain. And he's easier than you'd think.

As for most annoying Hunt, I can't defeat the White Mousse! It's hard, especially with the Lizard, Malboro Overkings, and Water Elemental that fight alongside it! I can't beat him...:(

You should kill all of them before you encounter White Mousse.

Rodney
11-29-2006, 05:39 PM
I haven't done many, but I haven't nailed the Cluckatrice and her Chickatrice babies. Those are killer. If it were just the mother, I'd have won easily. But those babies are hell with feathers.

Necronopticous
11-29-2006, 05:47 PM
King Behemoth was irritating to me because there is no way anyone could ever figure out what you have to do to get him to appear without just looking at a strategy guide. Final Fantasy XII actually did a lot of things like this that really bugged me. For something like the mark hunts, there should always be legitimate means in the game to find out where you have to go and what you have to do. I don't want to have to consult a strategy guide every time I want to accomplish something.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-29-2006, 06:02 PM
King Behemoth was irritating to me because there is no way anyone could ever figure out what you have to do to get him to appear without just looking at a strategy guide.The nu mou at Clan Hall tells you to kill his brethren in order to draw him out. That's reasonably consistent with the specific criteria for getting him to appear.

Necronopticous
11-29-2006, 06:12 PM
I would never think to kill the enemies in both of those huge areas of the Feywood, I doubted that it was even possible, thinking they would respawn before you could possibly kill them all. I honestly don't think anyone could figure it out, even with that tip-off.

ekkatin
11-29-2006, 06:23 PM

No, that's Fafnir, he'll only appear during the blizzard.
yeah him, still can't get him to appear, what a pain in my ass.

Necronopticous
11-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Fafnir is not hard to get to appear at all, provided you know to enter from the Feywood entrance. Just keep going in and out of that entrance until there is a snowstorm and then head to the area Fafnir is in. Voila.

Dell
11-30-2006, 04:08 AM
Once you accept Fafnir Hunt, go to Paramina Rift (Blizzard)

Freezing Gorge --> Head of the Silverflow --> Icebound Flow --> Karydine Glacier --> Silverflow's End

To keep the Blizzard alive.

ekkatin
11-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Once you accept Fafnir Hunt, go to Paramina Rift (Blizzard)

Freezing Gorge --> Head of the Silverflow --> Icebound Flow --> Karydine Glacier --> Silverflow's End

To keep the Blizzard alive.
good lord thank you, this hunt has been annoying the hell outta me.

abrojtm
12-01-2006, 01:16 AM
At this moment, Pylraster is kicking my butt.

Lynx
12-01-2006, 03:09 AM
ring wyrm so far but it might change after i take on some more hunts.

true_bacon22
12-01-2006, 07:35 AM
roblon constantly have to fight 10 dark lords at the same time and gilgamesh2nd time his dog did all the work as soon as i killed it he was easy

Dell
12-01-2006, 08:44 AM
At this moment, Pylraster is kicking my butt.

Me too! :jess: So, I decided to just go and get Chaos before I eat him.

ChocoKid21
12-22-2006, 02:42 AM
Hmm...Vorpal Bunny.

The skeletons mob me. Its not fun. I hate it actually.

Dynast-Kid
12-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Hmm...Vorpal Bunny.

Everyone is talking about these mysterious skeletons, but I never encountered them. Were they really that tough?

Renmiri
12-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Hmm...Vorpal Bunny.

Everyone is talking about these mysterious skeletons, but I never encountered them. Were they really that tough?

They aren't that though, just a bit stonger than the ones in Paramina Rift but they gang up on you attackig 5 or 6 or more at a time. You get them after you killed all the "regulars" in those 3 sections where that dastardlyy bunny is.

Plus the bunny is so darn fast!

Dynast-Kid
12-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Hmm...Vorpal Bunny.

They aren't that though, just a bit stonger than the ones in Paramina Rift but they gang up on you attackig 5 or 6 or more at a time. You get them after you killed all the "regulars" in those 3 sections where that dastardlyy bunny is.

Plus the bunny is so darn fast!

Oh.

Well I hammered Vorpal Bunny a bit, he ran a little bit, and then I just knocked him out with a Quickening chain. I didn't try to fight the other monsters, which is probably why I didn't encounter the skeletons.

Bunny
12-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Marilith was annoying as hell.

Trickster, however, is probably the most annoying one I have fought so far (total of 24 - 25 hunts thusfar). I hate it when my Marks run around like that and then the Paling thing. Oh don't even get me started on that crap.

Renmiri
12-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Hmm...Vorpal Bunny.

Forgot to add: Those skeletons are NOT immune to raise or Phoenix Dawn so they are pretty easy to kill. Use this gambit on one of your active characters:

Foe: Undead / Phoenix Down

Then relax and enjoy seeing them being swatted like flies every time the become visible :D

MisterPoe
12-22-2006, 08:32 PM
I will go with Trickster. That paling was unexpected when I first fought him and I had no idea how to get around it. Add that to the fact that his damage goes crazy at low HP..... definately an annoying mark when he becomes available.

Dell
12-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Right now, it's The Seer.

Dewprisms
12-23-2006, 08:04 AM
The Ring Wyrm. I think? The one you fight in Westersands.

That thing is freaking indestructible, I swear. I'm level 34-36 for all my characters and I just cannot kill him. I can't even kill him when I chain like this with my characters:

Accursed dragon. :mad:

Renmiri
12-23-2006, 03:13 PM
The Ring Wyrm. I think? The one you fight in Westersands.

That thing is freaking indestructible, I swear. I'm level 34-36 for all my characters and I just cannot kill him.

I killed it at level 36 without any problems. Did you try having drain and Raise gambits on all 3 active characters ? Try a combo of gambits like this:

1)Ally HP<10% / Phoenix Down (or Raise)
2)Foe: Character's MP < 30% / Syphon (not really needed but nice to have)
3)Foe: Party leader's target / Drain

3 people "draining" a fiend can pack a wallop. Try it on any foe that isn't undead, you will be glad you did :D

Dell
12-24-2006, 02:28 PM
The Seer sucked, I thought he's so hard but it turned out to be so easy! I had more problem fighting Fafnir, Behemoth King and Pylraster.

Now that The Seer is gone. Yiazmat! I want to see his face!
But I'm not fighting him for sure. My party are just Level 70!

Holy Lancer
12-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Why does everyone think the Ring Wyrm is so hard? He had a lot of HP but was an easy kill for me. I fought him when I had Larsa as a guest.

DarkHeat787
12-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Considering I'm only at the beginning of the game, Wraith. Lawl.

It Doomed my whole party so that whenever one of them fell, I had to use a Phoenix Down really quickly.

Fran died -right- after she used hers on Vaan. =P

/ffxiinoob