PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Final "World"

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2006, 08:42 PM
What was your favorite last world/city/whatever in Final Fantasy?

Mine would have to be Ultimecia's Castle! It was a lot of fun running around and breaking the seals.

opiumcloud
11-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Ultemecia's Castle, hands down

Zeromus_X
11-24-2006, 09:19 PM
If you mean final dungeons, then the Forbidden Land Eureka/Sylx Tower/World of Darkness gets my vote.

Vivisteiner
11-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Ultimecia's Castle.

Sefie1999AD
11-24-2006, 11:55 PM
*SPOILERS!!!*

Memoria from Final Fantasy IX was quite an interesting and a beautiful final dungeon, and I also liked the final dungeon in Final Fantasy VII. The latter felt epic to me. The final dungeons in FFIII are pretty good, although I wish you could save the game between them.

However, I played through the Void in FFV today (not FFVA... I just loaded an old SNES save I had), and I thought that was an excellent dungeon with loads of variety and twists. IIRC, it first had a desert, then some ruins, a city frozen in time, a forest, a cave, a castle in the sky and finally some space, leading to an impressive final showdown with Exdeath.

VeloZer0
11-25-2006, 01:07 AM
My favorite dungeon goes out to FFV as well. It was so exciting to explore, every screen I entered I was eagerly awaiting whatever was coming next.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Ultimecia's Castle, incidentally one of the only enjoyable 'dungeons' in FFVIII.

EDIT: Also, the title of this thread is pretty misleading.

Muse
11-25-2006, 02:39 AM
Evil Forest was a pretty creepy place. Creepy, but beautiful and cosy.

Elpizo
11-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Memoria (IX) is my favorite.

Next comes the Interdimentional Rift (V), especially the Final Floors.

Sylx Tower and Dark World (III) come third, and boy, does Crystal Tower (like it's called in DS, I believe) look impressive in 3D! You got to love that music for Crystal Tower (DS), I find it absolutely awesome. (Heard it in a video, if it really was the music of CT.)

But yes, I do found Ultimecia's castle quite good, but I never was able to solve that **** riddle with the organ, which anoyed me more than a bit. Oh well, then I fought Ultimecia without Draw, like it was important, anyway. But the music of Ultimecia's castle I found really good. And the design of the 'dungeon' was good as well. I found it actually original that a plain normal castle was the Final Dungeon.

Also, all the music of these dungeons is great. Dark World especially if you consider the console it was made on.

Dell
11-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Sky Fortress Bahamut (FFXII). :)

charliepanayi
11-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Ultimecia's Castle in FFVIII - the music is excellent (that bit when the organ kicks in after the pause), it's a great setting to finish the game (especially love the gallery and the clock) and the having to regain all your special abilities by battling various enemies is pretty interesting I think

Mirage
11-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Memoria is pretty awesome, one of the few good bits in FF9. Then we have the Rift and Ultimecia's castle.

Evastio
11-25-2006, 05:04 PM
I really liked the Core in FFIV. I liked how all the floors were crystal and how the moon's core is visible in the background.

KoShiatar
11-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Kefca's Tower, the music was so epic.

Twilight Edge
11-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Memoria was beautiful. But best would be Ultimecia's Castle hands down.

jill
11-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Ultimecia's was the most interesting, but it was also incredibly annoying having to get your powers back AND having no access to any shops (I didn't have Tonberry, so I don't know if that would have changed things). I was mad that Resurrection was separate, that was just mean. I just spent 60+ hours on this game and I only want finish it! RAAAHH!! Don't get me started. :mad:

Memoria was my favorite because it was sort of mysterious. I like things that confuse me(and they aren't hard to find:rolleyes2 ). It was beautiful, and it was also sort of symbolic. I thought the music went well with it, too, and I just liked the song anyway. Those four monsters bothered me, though. I don't like challenges, how sad is that?

rubah
11-26-2006, 07:08 PM
the city inside sin creeps me out a bunch. the farplane also.

I can't remember ultimecia's castle very well except it was cool when you ran outside and ran into. . tiamat? the last dungeon in 9 was annoying because it went on forever xD the one in 5 was pretty creepy because of how it was the worlds as they were, but no one in them living :o

the lunar castle place in ff4 was really long and irritating, and also pandemonium castle (I think xD). kefka's tower was neat because of the party switching, but it's just as boring as the other two. The northern crater was pretty neat though.

Mirage
11-26-2006, 07:56 PM
I find it strange that you, of all, don't remember Ultimecia's castle very well :p.

Tavrobel
11-27-2006, 12:03 AM
If you mean final dungeons, then the Forbidden Land Eureka/Sylx Tower/World of Darkness gets my vote.

I want your child.

Jessweeee♪
11-27-2006, 11:24 PM
I was mad that Resurrection was separate, that was just mean.

OMG My first time playing through FFVIII I was way underleveled at Ulty's Castle, so when I went to fight Tri-Point without proper status defense, my party got wiped out. I unlocked one seal, GFs, so Resurrection was still locked. So...Phoenix came, and of course missed.

but!

BECAUSE it missed, it kept coming, and missing, maybe ten times before it just gave up and allowed me a Game Over.

XD

Oh...and the organ? You just hit all the notes at once.

Vermachtnis
11-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Ultimicia was home to what is quite possibly the hardest Omega Weapon, ever. Plus, having to release everything was a pretty fun challenge as well. Especially if you don't know what your suppose to do and head straight for the final boss.

I also liked Kefka's Tower, splitting up the 14 people into three teams added something else to the challenge.

Laddy
11-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Kefka's Tower, Memoria, Ultimacia's Castle, and, of course, who could forget Sin?

Bolivar
11-28-2006, 01:18 AM
I guess all the PSX ones were pretty well done. As far as 2D one's go, I guess i'll go with Kefka's Tower, a huge collection of everything (or trash).

Zeromus_X
11-28-2006, 01:51 AM
Also, Morund Death City needs to be noted.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Memoria

manashima
12-02-2006, 09:30 PM
The Rift
Memoria

I love the effect of different settings in one, And ofcourse the ghost town effect.

Next is
Forbidden Land Eureka(damn good music, Dark crystal being the best IMO)
and Ofcourse Kefkas tower.

Didnt particulary like The Core in FFIV, and The cave in FFVII(which name escapes me now)

Necronopticous
12-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Kefka's Tower (VI) or Memoria (IX).

The Crystal
12-02-2006, 11:55 PM
and The cave in FFVII(which name escapes me now)

Northern Crater. But talking about design, we can call it The Cave. Rocks, rocks and rocks, this is the only thing that you see. NC is just like a big cave, and is very boring in my opinion. The only cool part of it is in the end, when you reach the Lifestream.

Nerevarine
12-03-2006, 03:20 AM
Kefkas tower was ok, ultimecias castle was good, the north cave was ok. hmmm im gonna have to say ultimecias castle

NeoCracker
12-03-2006, 03:58 AM
Definately Memoria. Kefka's tower following in at second.

feioncastor
12-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Also, Morund Death City needs to be noted.

I'm glad I didn't have to be the first to mention Muround.

However, of the main series, I'd say that the Lunar Subterrain is awesomeness. A lot of trickery and a lot of great items to be had. It's got everything. Plague, Ogopogo, Pale Dim, Wyvern... The whole bit.

Sefie1999AD
12-03-2006, 02:25 PM
The Murond Death City is alright. A problem I have with it is that it's just 4-5 consecutive battles or so. The last battles against Hashmalum and Altima are pretty well done, though.