PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who frequently play games all night?

Peter_20
11-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Last night I think I beat my record at playing a game non-stop: I started playing FF2 (the Origins version) at 6 PM, and then I kept playing almost non-stop until 8 AM the next day. :eek:
I made it from the Dreadnought all the way to the Cyclone!
That's sick.
This happens pretty often, too; right now I feel pretty tired, but I KNOW I'm gonna play FF2 for a few hours before going to sleep. :p

Elite Lord Sigma
11-24-2006, 09:17 PM
This happens to me all the time during the weekends, when I playing games like Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Paper Mario, and pretty much anything I have.

Zeromus_X
11-24-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't have time to be doing such things like that anymore, though another all-nighter would be fun to keep in mind for the future. Maybe Final Fantasy IV or Star Ocean 3.

Edit: Well, this isn't necessarily a speed-run kind of thing, is it...

LunarWeaver
11-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I've played Diablo II all through the night and straight into morning before. It made me feel like a glob of morbid satisfaction.

Duncan
11-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Nighttime after all the kiddies go to bed is the only time I have for interrupted play. As for playing until 8am, usually not (it has been known to happen on occasion). Most of the time this happens when I get to the final area in a game (most recently it was Ultimecia's Castle) and I think, "oh it just a few more bosses and then I'll finish the game." And I do, five or six hours later.

Dreddz
If I slept all day ( which is the case alot these days ), its likely I'd be playing games into the early hours of the morning, thus making the cycle continue. So no, your not the only one.

Goldenboko
Yes I do that, but only when I know I won't have to do anything the next day... (I do that alot on Christmas nights)

Peter_20
11-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Yes I do that, but only when I know I won't have to do anything the next day... (I do that alot on Christmas nights)Christmas + video games = :heart:

Shoeberto
11-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Very seldom do I actually stay up all night. Right now, I just don't have the time to, and if I did, I'd probably get pretty tired after a while and stop.

I have played games all night (from probably 4PM one day to 8AM the next) at a LAN party. Which was megafun.

Yuffie514
11-25-2006, 05:22 AM
i'm finding myself to be on the pc more often from the very late hours of 1 - 2:30am, but it is still rare to not find me with my most favorite hobby: video-game nostalgia. so, staying up late might be considered a bad habit, or, i am just more active during the nightly hours.

Vermachtnis
11-25-2006, 05:26 AM
I can play a few games all night. I get a little burnt out playing just one game for too long though.

Avarice-ness
11-25-2006, 05:33 AM
I can't play games all night as much as I did when I was in High School 'cause I have work and actually have to be awake for that.
But when I do end up playing games someone has to stop me, I ended up playing Katamari Damacy until 4am and then saw the clock, and then when I got FFXII I had work early the next day and my dad came by my room halfway awake being all "Go to sleep!!" then I realized it was 3am.. I thought it was like 11pm. :razz:

RiseToFall
11-25-2006, 05:37 AM
I used to do that all the time. In fact, most of my rpg's were beat that way. These days though, I just cant do it. School takes a lot of my time, plus I'm getting old.

I Took the Red Pill
11-25-2006, 06:31 AM
The only major comparable session I had is when I played The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap start to finish and didn't turn off the DS. That was epic and also headache inducing.

Shlup
11-25-2006, 06:33 AM
I played FFVIII for twenty-seven straight hours, only stopping to eat and pee. I used to play video games for hours at a time, but now I'm too busy with life.

Dell
11-25-2006, 07:34 AM
I play Final Fantasy XII after waking up from my bed and play it until I fell asleep late at night.

Xander
11-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Nah, I pretty much can't do that cos of work and stuff... but I probably never did cos I got too tired by 12 or something, I like to play games when I'm at my most awake!

Mo-Nercy
11-25-2006, 02:10 PM
I used to when I was younger, during the school holidays or on the weekend. But now I got more work, more social commitments, less nights spent at home etc. etc.

I also think I'm growing out of games. The last few games I've thoroughly enjoyed were all Need for Speed and Dynasty Warriors titles.. not really games that need to played for hours and hours on end since there's so many breaks in gameplay.

Sefie1999AD
11-25-2006, 03:35 PM
I play games quite rarely nowadays. When I do play them, I can usually play for 1-2 hours on a row. This means there's pretty much no way I could play a game all night long. I was able to play a lot more about five years ago, especially during summer vacations. For example, the longest times I've ever played on a row were when I was 13-14. Back then, I once played Chrono Trigger from 6 PM to 4 AM, and Final Fantasy V from 12 PM to 5 AM, the latter being my current record (17 hours).

Larahl
11-25-2006, 04:53 PM
I only did it once when I played my first MMORPG, but never done it again. I love sleeping more than anything.

NINJA_Ryu
11-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Yes I do that, but only when I know I won't have to do anything the next day... (I do that alot on Christmas nights)

win

Madame Adequate
11-25-2006, 07:05 PM
I'll stay up pretty late playing stuff if there's nothing to be done the next day. But with university these days, I prefer to stick to a relatively sane schedule, so I don't stay up later than between 1 and 3 most nights.

Roto13
11-25-2006, 07:18 PM
I don't do that. I'm pretty responsible with that kind of thing. I also like to keep in mind that a game will last longer if I don't play it for, like, 18 hours a day. :P

MurderfaceX3
11-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Nope... I play FF XII all night and if I gots a friend over i play a little bit of multiplayer games or Xbox live!!!

Devourment
11-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I used to go on all nighters playing any of the FF games from 6 to 9. Mainly because of all the leveling that needed to be done. But I rarely do that anymore because I have sleep to catch up on for important things I'll be doing the next day. It's only rarely now that I'll do such a thing i.e. if I don't have to do anything the next day, or if it is a holiday.

Also when Ocarina of Time came out I fell sick because I played on it for too long. :eep: & I've played BGII all night quite a few times.

Shaun
11-28-2006, 02:13 PM
I really wish I could do this, but unfortunately I have work for five hours after college on Fridays, and I am often exhausted when I get home. I work early on Sundays too...

Cid Vicious
11-28-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't do it alot, not as much as I use to anyway, but have done in the past. Actually the last game I played for any longer than a few hours was also FFII Origins during the Summer. It's not my favourite of the series, but I get really addicted to the lv up system and spend hours with it.

Pure Strife
11-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I have far too little time to do that, like a lot of people here. Back in the 12-14 age I'd play FFX or whatever til 5am then crash, but now I just have too much to do with college and whatnot. Saying that, I plan on locking myself in a room with FFXII for a good week or so :)

Jess
11-28-2006, 06:42 PM
I used to play games all night when I was younger, but now I'm usually busy so I don't have time to! :jess:

Bunny
11-28-2006, 06:52 PM
I pulled an all-nighter last Thursday so I could check out Final Fantasy 12. I sat down and played a good 11 hours and then had to put it down because I did not want to get too burnt out on the storyline. I picked up directly afterwards with World of Warcraft and played well into the afternoon, then I turned to Final Fantasy V Advanced for an hour or two. I think it ended up being a 46 gaming marathon. It happened because I accidently took an eight hour nap in the afternoon on Wednesday (4-12) and wasn't all that tired.

It was fun, but still didn't beat my record of 72 straight hours of Diablo 2 online. Most of which was spent on a 56k with no disconnections at all.

I would probably pull a lot more of them if I wasn't employed.

Ashi
11-28-2006, 07:17 PM
At some point I played Ragnarok Online all night for a few weeks during summer. It was some +50% experience equipment event that I wasn't about to pass up while I had the time.

Later in the summer, though, I didn't stay up all night to play my games. But I was sick with a flu or something and couldn't go out, so I stayed in and played Radiata Stories from morning to bedtime. :confused:

Like people said, I don't really have the time to do any of that anymore.