PDA

View Full Version : Cavities/Pulled Teeth

Sylvie
11-25-2006, 05:15 AM
So I was wondering...

How bad does getting a cavity filled hurt? I brush my teeth all the time and I've never had a cavity. Just was curious.

And how bad does it hurt getting your wisdom teeth ripped out? :X

And for a topic:
Have you ever gotten a cavity or teeth pulled?

Misfit
11-25-2006, 05:17 AM
I've had all four of my wisdom teeth cut out, meaning... not grown in yet. ^_^ It was amazing.

I was put to sleep, teeth cut out, stitches, then woke up... Mommy bought me ice cream, all I tasted was blood. :( Slept alot, pain, blood, sleep, etc. :]

I'm such a wuss. ;_;

Kirobaito
11-25-2006, 05:25 AM
Getting cavities filled does not hurt. I got three of them when I was 5 or 6, before I understood how important keeping your teeth clean was.

I got my three wisdom teeth out this last summer. You get general anesthetic, so you don't feel anything when it happens, but it can kinda hurt in the following days. It's annoying more than anything, because it can take several days to stop bleeding.

Psychotic
11-25-2006, 05:25 AM
I've had a cavity filled. It doesn't hurt, it just feels weird and unpleasant.

Spammerman
11-25-2006, 05:27 AM
Ive hafd all my fillable teeth filled in. The dentists fills you with novacaine. sometimes 2 needles. sometimes 1. most ive had at once is 3 shots for 5 fillings

RiseToFall
11-25-2006, 05:28 AM
Getting your cavity filled doesn't really hurt at all. There still is some drilling involved, but your so full of nova cane that you won't even feel anything.

I've never had my wisdom teeth pulled but my g/f did. They put her to sleep so she didn't feel anything at first. But later after she woke up and the drugs wore off, she said it hurt like a bitch. She also looked like a chipmunk for about a week.

Edit: People posted and now my post seems redundant.

Fire_Emblem776
11-25-2006, 05:30 AM
I never had a cavity. ^_^

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Oh god...I'm supposed to get some fillings and wisdom teeth pulled x.x

Sylvie
11-25-2006, 05:53 AM
Hopefully I'll never have to get my wisdom teeth pulled. My teeth are generally pretty straight and I have good teeth. *prays*

Thanks for the info to those who posted.

Dell
11-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Twice. Hurt a bit, but not too much.

Shlup
11-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Getting a filling doesn't hurt. It's annoying, but not actually painful.

Having teeth pulled also isn't painful if they're baby teeth.

Having your wisdom teeth out... that entirely depends. Mine were fully grown in and barely impacted, so I mostly just took advantage of the drugs and ice cream and wasn't bothered much at all. However, if they aren't grown in and/or are impacted you can expect notable pain, so I hear.

Yamaneko
11-25-2006, 07:34 AM
I had six fillings last month. Two of them went really deep and hurt like hell. They have to drill into the tooth and sometimes they hit nerves. They basically scoop all the crap out and fill it in.

The Captain
11-25-2006, 07:37 AM
A couple of years back, I got one set of wisdom teeth taken out and thinking I was tough enough, I told them not to put me under but just numb the area. Well, somehow, they must not have used enough because I could still feel the teeth being broken and let's just say next time, I'm going to be put to sleep before I even get there just to make sure I don't have to endure anything like that ever again.

Take care all.

Resha
11-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Well, I've had a filling! But it didn't hurt; I found it kinda fun. But teeth pulled = no. I don't have that kinda relationship with dentistry. :shifty:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-25-2006, 09:56 AM
He just kept saying 'Is it safe?'

ama124
11-25-2006, 01:30 PM
I've never got a cavity filled because i've been pretty good with having no cavities so i couldn't help you there. But i've had plenty of teeth pulled in my lifetime. But i'm not sure if they were my wisdom teeth, maybe they were. I dont really remeber. But it doesnt really hurt to get your teeth pulled. It depends on how numb you get with the novacaine. I usually take a long time and they don't feel like waiting al long time for me to numb so they pull it. It hurts but i'm somewhat numb so its not that bad.

Mirage
11-25-2006, 01:41 PM
I've gotten 3 cavities filled. It doesn't really hurt, and I didn't even use anesthetics. I'm gonna need to get a few more of them filled too, maybe even pull one. I drink way too much soda :(.

Bunny
11-25-2006, 02:10 PM
I don't know about cavities. I don't remember ever having one.

Getting teeth pulled is awesome. I had my wisdom teeth pulled Mid-June last year and it was pretty neat. First they stabbed my gums with a giant needle to make them numb and then they went to work. I had four of them pulled and I fell asleep during the operation. Afterwards the dentist made sure to tell me that I was very close to being able to keep them all.

Larahl
11-25-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm a good boy, no cavity for me, and no wisdom teeth pulled out either.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-25-2006, 07:31 PM
I brush my teeth two to three times a day, but I've had a couple of cavities filled nevertheless, which weren't a problem (it doesn't hurt much at all).

But then I had to get my two molars pulled due to a really bad cavity under the tooth (or something like that). I didn't want to be put to sleep for it. I don't know why, but the thought of being medically rendered unconcious was disconcerting.

So I tried to have them pulled frozen only... and fuck, that hurt like hell! I couldn't do it, it was way too painful. The dental surgeon has his drill and other tools in there, and it just hurt like hell!

I agreed to being put to sleep the next time. Unforunately I threw up several times after from a reaction to the sedative, but I preferred that to the pain.

That's how bad it was.

In fact, it was traumatic to return to the waiting room after.

DarkLadyNyara
11-26-2006, 04:39 AM
I never had a cavity. ^_^

I hate you.

Fillings aren't painful. Just annoying. I have yet to get my wisdom teeth pulled, but it can't be as bad as the root canal. Nothing can be as bad as the root canal. :mad:

XxSephirothxX
11-26-2006, 06:13 AM
When I was younger I had quite a few cavities, and I remember thinking getting fillings was pretty painful. But I had to get one a couple years ago, and it wasn't bad at all. And it's white, which is nice, so I don't have a very visible filling in my mouth. I haven't had to get my wisdom teeth pulled, but I'm not looking forward to it. One of my friends was pretty much incapacitated for a week after having it done.

dodhungry
11-26-2006, 06:23 AM
I have not had a cavity but I have had two teeth pulled....

I had two baby teeth with no adult teeth to replace them. Unfortunatly I was not put to sleep but the amount of numbing stuff they put in my mouth made up for it so it didnt hurt one bit.

As for my wisdom teeth they came in straight so no pulling them out :D

KentaRawr!
11-26-2006, 01:49 PM
No cavities for me. Surprising, isn't it?

Alex151
11-26-2006, 05:03 PM
it depends on how bad it is, I've only had one in my whole life thankfully and it didnt hurt

McLovin'
11-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Never had a cavity but I have had several instances where another tooth was growing out of the same place as another tooth.

One time a bad dentist sat me on her chair and took FIVE EFING HOURS to TRY and get this tooth out. In the end she accidentally broke it in half and then finally got it out. But there was still a piece of my tooth stuck onto the gum and it stayed there for a whole year.

It became rotten and my mouth gave off a foul odor. Finally when another tooth had to be pulled out we went to a proffessionl who specializes in tooth removal and took out my tooth in 30 seconds. And I didn't even realize it. He also noticed the rotten piece and removed it.

Oh yeah and brush your teeth.

louby_4eva
11-26-2006, 06:49 PM
I found that having a filling is very painful, but hat's because I have a stray nerve or something so when they think they've numbed me, they've only actually numbed my lip, so yea, kinda painful. I've not had a filling in a long time though. :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Venom
11-26-2006, 06:51 PM
I have only had a cavity done before, it didnt suck as much as my friends told me it did.

Jowy
11-26-2006, 07:02 PM
I had one filling when I was six and it didn't bother me at all. Getting all four wisdom teeth sliced out was quite the painful ordeal though, boy howdy.

K-chan
11-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Eugh... dentistry makes me twitch. >>

I had bad teeth when I was really little, so most of my molars had cavities. So far, I haven't had any cavities for several years now *knocks on wood*

Err... that and I only had a tooth pull once. The dentist tried to trick me by saying "Oh, I only want a look". NEVER fall for it, people! > : D

yumi
11-26-2006, 08:20 PM
I've had 5 teeth pulled out and it was great. The gas they used to sedate me was brillant. I felt like I was flying for hours. I've only had one filling and I talked all the way through it so it can't have been that bad.

Nominus Experse
11-26-2006, 09:10 PM
So I was wondering...
And how bad does it hurt getting your wisdom teeth ripped out? :X

The actual surgery does not hurt in the slightest. And really, the repurcussions of having your mouth cut into aren't particularily traumatizing as they fill you full of pain medications.

More than anything, it's simply frustrating due to the fact that you bleed into your gut all the time, and the foods you can eat are limited and uneventful.

Mine became infected, which quite simpley sucked. They had to reopen my "pockets" since some debri or something was healed over, which caused problems...

More than anything, it's simply annoying.

Although the operation drugs and post-operation drugs are usually quite fun...

Rase
11-26-2006, 11:41 PM
I've had one filling on a baby tooth when I was like, seven. I don't remember too much about it.

I had to have all but eight of my baby teeth pulled because, try as I might, I couldn't get the darned things out myself. The dentists said I had some of the strongest roots they'd seen, which is all fine and good until you want the freaking things out of your mouth.

I've also had my wisdom teeth removed. The actual process wasn't painful at all, since I was out like a log. For two weeks afterward I couldn't eat solid food though, even with Vicodin, because they had to cut deep to get to them.