PDA

View Full Version : What Languages Can You Speak?

The Devil Man
11-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Devil Man is wondering...

How many languages can you speak? :confused:

Devil Man can speak TWO! He can speak English because he lives in England :laughing:

AND!!!!...

He can speak the langauge of Love ;) Which is why he has seduced HUNDREDS of Beautiful Goddesses this year :drool: Women adore Devil Man and Devil Man adores women.

Which languages can you speak, o' Beloved EoFF'ers?

:save: Edit! For anyone wondering, the language of love, whilst a mainly physical langauge, also includes the following useful phrases:

1: No, your bum does not look big in that dress!
2: Of course you're sexier then your friends!
3: NO, I definetly DO NOT fancy your Mother!
4: I think your Breasts are perfectly fine the way they are!
5: You are the most intelligent girl I have ever dated.
6: Of course I love you... Let's go to bed!
7: The only reason I was checkin' out that chick is because I know you look better!
8: I didn't mean to sleep with her! It was an accident!

RiseToFall
11-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Is the language of love tough to learn?

As for me: Two

I speak both English as well as Russian. Though unfortunately I can't read or write in Russian.

Zeromus_X
11-25-2006, 09:08 AM
I just speak English for now. :cat:

The Devil Man
11-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Is the language of love tough to learn?

Only those with charisma, charm, beauty, crazed bedroom techniques and all-round sexiness can learn the language of love ;)

Devil Man is all these things and much, much, MUCH more...

If you are all these things too, then it will not take you long to study ;)

Freya
11-25-2006, 09:12 AM
American and some german, i'm still learning german.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-25-2006, 09:47 AM
One
I'm useless

Chloe.
11-25-2006, 10:00 AM
I can speak English, obviously. :bigsmile: and a bit of french, as we learn that at school. :p

Jebus
11-25-2006, 10:23 AM
English, Latin, Ancient Greek, a little bit of Russian, and a few words and phrases in French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, and Polish.

starseeker
11-25-2006, 10:40 AM
English, Japanese, some French and a tiny bit of Polish.

Rusty
11-25-2006, 10:54 AM
One. I'm hopeless with languages and music (instruments, that is).

Breine
11-25-2006, 10:57 AM
I speak Danish, English and German fluently. Other than that I speak some Spanish and I know some phrases/words/and stuff in Swedish, French, Latin and Italian.

Languages I understand (to a certain extend) but can't really speak include:

- Swedish
- Norwegian
- Dutch

Riana
11-25-2006, 12:53 PM
I can speak English, Urdu, Panjabi, Hindi, some phrases of Gujarati.

I know a little German, Japanese, and...Elvish too.

I can put on a Scottish accent if I wanted to, but I'm told I can't pull it off anymore. XD In that case I understand their dialect.

I'm trying to be more fluent in Elvish, it's such a beautiful language~

I know some bits and bobs of the language of love. :p Depends what turns you on.

Polaris
11-25-2006, 12:54 PM
German, french, spanish, portuguese and english... I wish I could learn more :D

Shauna
11-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Spanish, French, and of course - English. Although, I suck at speaking Spanish and French. xD

Rocket Edge
11-25-2006, 12:58 PM
English, Irish & Papiamento.

The only reason i know Papiamento is because i have some friends who live in Aruba.

I Am Stoner
11-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I just speak english. Fuck everything else, I can't be bothered to learn any other languages.

ama124
11-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I speak english only but i guess you could say i'm learning spanish too because of school.

Luara
11-25-2006, 02:02 PM
spanish, a little italian, brasilian, portuguese...my language... , a little japonese, and english :love: I simply cant understand french :eek:

Larahl
11-25-2006, 02:06 PM
I speak two languages, Hebrew and English, I also speak a little Russian.

Mo-Nercy
11-25-2006, 02:59 PM
I speak fluent English because it's what I use the most. At home, I speak Cantonese but I don't speak it well enough to use confidently to other people, though I like to throw in the occasional canto phrase into conversations to keep me in practice.

I spent four years of high school learning German but most of the vocabulary is gone now. But I remember just about everything else in terms of syntax and grammar so give me a dictionary and I can probably get back into the groove.

I also quite stupidly spent two years learning Latin. I only remember random words now.

I was forced to learn some other languages in high school but I pulled out of them as soon as I could. French, Ancient Greek

I'm starting Japanese next year. I've learnt about that honourifics stuff in linguistics this year and I'm not looking forward to it. It's a lot harder than the back of mangas make it seem. :D

I know a lot of random phrases in Mandarin by virtue of being around a lot of mando people at work and listening to Chinese music. Some (but not a lot of) stuff in Mandarin is similar to Cantonese so I can work out little bits of conversation. "ni zai hai pa shen ma?" <- are you afraid of cockroaches? :mad:

CRAPTASTIC AVENGER
11-25-2006, 03:10 PM
I can speak german and english.
Oddly enough, the german is starting to overpower the english which was my First language. Now my grammer form is slowly taking on a slightly germanic form.
Help........

Mirage
11-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Norwegian, English, German and HTML!

Peter_20
11-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Swedish (oh really? :p), and I also think I'm pretty skilled in English. :rolleyes2
I kinda know a bit of German as well, and some Spanish, although not very much at all. :p

I tried learning Latin a while ago as well, but was instantly turned off by all the nominatives, genitives, ablatives and that crap. :mad:

Levian
11-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Norwegian, English, German and Swedish. I understand most Danish, but I can't speak it myself. I just get it mixed up with Norwegian and Swedish. :p

Christmas
11-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Al Bhed and 1337, those are my forte. :bigsmile:

Peter_20
11-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I just get it mixed up with Norwegian and Swedish. :pJust don't get it mixed up with Swedish and Danish, because those languages are NOT similar. :p

Whenever some Danish dude starts babbling, I become a question mark. XD

Breine
11-25-2006, 04:01 PM
I just get it mixed up with Norwegian and Swedish. :pJust don't get it mixed up with Swedish and Danish, because those languages are NOT similar. :p

Whenever some Danish dude starts babbling, I become a question mark. XD

Your probably right. Danish has much more in common with Norwegian than with Swedish. I understand Swedish because a big part of my family speaks it - I probably wouldn't understand much of it if it wasn't for that :)

Twilight Edge
11-25-2006, 04:55 PM
I am a Chinese, but I only came in contact with it when I started Elementary school, so Chinese is definitely a must. If not, I won't know a word. When I was a kid, I speak Cantonese.

English is of course my best language, being have a solid English education background.

Malay because I'm forced to and I had loads of malay neighbors living near me when I was a kid.

I started learning Japanese in August. Can't say I'm an expert, but I can catch the basics easy enough. DO NOT EXPECT ME TO SAY THE SOUNDS ONE BY ONE.

Amount: 5.

Giga Guess
11-25-2006, 04:57 PM
English and bad english.

Yuna-Lenne
11-25-2006, 05:02 PM
English and I can speak SOME French as well as the odd word of German and Chinese. Probs about 5 words in each. XD. Not many at all. :p

Dell
11-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Al Bhed and 1337, those are my forte. :bigsmile:

Teach me, NANNY. :bigsmile:

Citizen Bleys
11-25-2006, 05:14 PM
English, a wee bit o' French, some gamer Japanese, and THE LANGUAGE OF THE ELDER GODS

Owen Macwere
11-25-2006, 06:53 PM
1. Arabic
2. English
3. Kurdish (I doubt anyone knows what's this)
4. Bit franch and bit Japanies

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-25-2006, 07:02 PM
English. It's my mother tongue.

French. I've was in French Immersion all through out school. I lost a lot of my French so I am most not confident in it. That means sometimes when I speak I mumble and I am not loud. My comprehension is still there though.

Ancient Greek. I can read it to some degree of proficiency. I barely understand it though. It was because of the lack of effort I put into it. I still can recognize some words though.

BardTard
11-25-2006, 07:05 PM
English and Al Bhed. I can say a few things in other languages, but mostly English and Al Bhed.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Spanish, my first language. It was the language in which my first word was spoken in, cause it's what I learned first from my mom and and dad, and the rest if my family.And English. :D Learned it in school. That's what I speak the most now. I speak Spanish at home and with family, that's pretty much it. And I speak English everywhere else. :bigsmile:

Vincent, Thunder God
11-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Just English, and a little bit of French.

I was in French Immersion from JK to Grade 5, but then I left Immersion, and since then I've lost all my French skills. Even Core French is a challenge now.

I used to be incredicly fluent in French, though. Back then I would have said I speak both English and French well.

Renmiri
11-25-2006, 07:29 PM
English, Spanish, Portuguese and a wee bit of Italian. I can read French.

And Al bhed :D

Frozen Phantom
11-25-2006, 08:08 PM
I speak English, a bit of Spanish and L33T

and as a off note, this reminds me of a joke

If you speak 3 languages: your trilingual

If you speak 2 languages: your bilingual

If you speak 1 language: your American

Alastair|UK
11-25-2006, 08:29 PM
i speak enlgish and German though latley i have been forgetting lots and lots of things so im pretty stuck at German even though its only my 3rd year of learning (school german teachers all suck if u ask me at least in my school )

Diango12
11-25-2006, 08:49 PM
2, English, and Semitic. looking forward to learning more tho

Fire_Emblem776
11-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Spanish and fragments of Japanese.

Leen-Leen
11-25-2006, 11:25 PM
English and German, plus a little bit of Spanish.

McLovin'
11-25-2006, 11:53 PM
English, German, Russian, A bit of Chinese though not fluent, and soon Spanish when the time comes.

GOD GUNDAM
11-26-2006, 12:21 AM
I speak English and Vietnamese fluently!

Miriel
11-26-2006, 12:29 AM
I can speak English fluently. Korean semi-fluently. I can pretty much understand most of what people say when they speak in Korean, but speaking it myself is a bit harder unless it's the everyday stuff like "I'm hungry" or "don't touch me!" I can *barely* write or read Korean.

I know various tidbits of other languages here and there. I know how to say, "Hello, who would you like to speak to?" in Thai. :)

Reles
11-26-2006, 12:29 AM
English and French, next semester I'll start learning Italian.

BlackChocobo
11-26-2006, 12:36 AM
English, Japanese and Portugese.

Vikeve
11-26-2006, 12:37 AM
I took spanish for a while but I never learned anything I don' even think I can count to 20.... yup I tried can't get past 10.

Now Im learning Latin which is okay since i needed a change but my Latin teacher is terrible so i'm not learning much of anything from her.

moogle maniac
11-26-2006, 01:02 AM
i can speak english and i'm learning spanish- i wouldn't say i was fluent in it yet....

...i can speak numerous words in korean(because i've been there) and hello in several other languages but thats about it! i wish i knew more

SammieBabe
11-26-2006, 01:14 AM
I know a smidge of French, left over from HS..A tad of Latin...and English...

Moon Rabbits
11-26-2006, 01:14 AM
I can speak English and "ego Latinem disco".

I don't think I've got the grammar perfect there, though.

Shlup
11-26-2006, 03:36 AM
I speak English and limited American Sign Language.

Yamaneko
11-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Spanish and English fluently. French not so much, but still enough to understand basic things.

LunarWeaver
11-26-2006, 03:45 AM
I can't even manage English, I can only speak American. Look at this: color. Where's the "u"? Nobody knows. No other languages for me, though :cat:

Shiny
11-26-2006, 03:47 AM
I speak English and Spanish. I can also speak Japanese..."Domo arigato Mr. Roboto". See?

StarlightAngel
11-26-2006, 11:01 PM
English, random useless words in Japanese, and the little French from French 1

abrojtm
11-27-2006, 12:03 AM
English, Spanish, and French. Also Latin, but it's not spoken.

Yuffie514
11-27-2006, 07:23 AM
i can speak English and Teochew, which is similar to Taiwanese...

41-Inches-Wide
11-27-2006, 07:26 AM
I can speak Filipino, English and Japanese fluently.

Iceglow
11-27-2006, 08:04 PM
English, French and Japanese. I'm no expert at the latter two but I speak enough to get by. I'm English by nationality but half Polish by birth so English is obviously my best language. I also know random phrases and words in other languages mainly the bad ones.

~*~Celes~*~
11-27-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm in my second year of learning French, so I can speak and write the basics, but I'm still learning. Being an American, I have mastered the Northwestern Yankee version of the American language and I can speak English too, still working on spellings and stuff :) I know some things in Japanese, a few things in Spanish, and like two or three words in German ^^; I think that's it...

Oh, I've mastered Kari,AlanandJoenese too ^^ It's a language only we can understand that's composed of several typos...both accidental and purposeful :jess:

Essência
11-27-2006, 08:14 PM
English - I do my best
Portuguese
And Im going to learn German and latim wtf?
by the way!!! for those who think that brazilian is a language they are totally wrong! in Brasil they speak Portuguese as well lol I know lots of people that says : oh I speak Brazilian....grrrrrrrrr :twak:

MurderfaceX3
11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
German!!!
and English of course

Jess
11-27-2006, 08:53 PM
English. However, my boyfriend is slowly teaching me French, as he has taken it in University. :jess: