PDA

View Full Version : Famous!

Mirage
11-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Have you met a famous person? Talked to one? Maybe you are a famous person?

Post your famous encounters here.

I haven't met anyone who is famous :(.

CRAPTASTIC AVENGER
11-25-2006, 03:26 PM
I've met these guys called O-Zone......
It was by accident, They told me their group name and I said...... never heard of you.
(but later I found out they were the guye who wrote the Numa Numa song)

Meat Puppet
11-25-2006, 03:28 PM
I think I said “Hi” to that guy from The Butterfly Effect, who I guess is kind of famous, but I can’t remember if I said it or not. I don’t care. There’s only one man who matters to me, and he was not the one.

Levian
11-25-2006, 03:38 PM
The only famous ones I've "met" as in talked to:
-Jon Herwig Carlsen, Famous for commenting soccer. (friend of my father)
-Drummer in De Derre. Famous for music. (Was my teacher in Music)
-Anders Hatlo. Famous for acting. (He asked me who I thought was the killer in the break of a theater play)
-Hilde Hummelvoll. Famous for hosting various TV shows. (We made an ad in the newspaper about giving away kittens and she called.)

Those names will probably only mean something to Mirage and PiP.

Mirage
11-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Ashton Kutcher?

Also, *Di Derre, not De.

Breine
11-25-2006, 03:42 PM
I've seen many celebrities, but the only ones I have bumped into like on the street or something like that are Danish celebrities, who are of no interest to all of you at this forum :)

Vikeve
11-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Steven Colbert is a regular at my friends church.:)

The Devil Man
11-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Devil Man IS a celebrity ;)

Chloe.
11-25-2006, 03:46 PM
My man MANUS. :bigsmile:

Mirage
11-25-2006, 03:50 PM
That was so predictable that it isn't even wanted in this thread.

Riana
11-25-2006, 04:05 PM
I've met a few Bollywood (Indian cinema) actors and actress' but they won't be known if I mentioned them here.

However, I remember meeting the Chuckle Brothers and Keith Harrison (the ventriloquist who acted with Ollie the duck).

I also met the whole English cricket team. :love:

The Devil Man
11-25-2006, 04:07 PM
That was so predictable that it isn't even wanted in this thread.

Don't spam up your own Thread with comments like that, naughty boy ;)

Quindiana Jones
Hitler. Just before I shot him.

I've met Andrew Motion before, and he liked me. :bigsmile:. He gave me free stuff!
I've probably met more, but I forget.

Shauna
I've never met anyone famous ever! =(

Rocket Edge
11-25-2006, 04:10 PM
I shook Bruce Springsteen's hand before, although my cousin waited 20 or so hours to get a picture and talk with him (obsessed). I was also able to talk to Samantha Mumba for about 5 minutes one day. Other than that not really.

Xander
11-25-2006, 04:26 PM
I talked to Danny Foster, previously in that Hearsay band who won Pop Idol or something, and I almost got to do his website. He liked my designs at least, so that's my little claim to fame. Also spoke to and did some work for the Uncle of Alex Turner from Arctic Monkeys. Do work for a modelling agency who manages Michelle Marsh and stuff, so I guess they aren't that famous unless you read Zoo XD

Quindiana Jones
11-25-2006, 04:32 PM
People don't read Zoo. :bigsmile:

Roto13
11-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Jim Caviezel. I stood a few feet from him for a few hours, but I didn't have my glasses on so I didn't even know he was there until a week later.

Larahl
11-25-2006, 04:36 PM
I've met Eiichiro Oda, the creator of One Piece,
Though I don't like that anime\manga, he's a cool person.

Twilight Edge
11-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Michelle Yeoh, or more known as Mameha from Memoirs of a Geisha/Tomorrow Never Dies' Bond Girl and also in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Oh, she happens to be my aunt so it's normal for me to see her.

Xander
11-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Michelle Yeoh, or more known as Mameha from Memoirs of a Geisha/Tomorrow Never Dies' Bond Girl and also in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Oh, she happens to be my aunt so it's normal for me to see her.

Wow, that's cool.

Roto13
11-25-2006, 04:57 PM

I remember that. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=83020)

Giga Guess
11-25-2006, 05:01 PM

Sweeeeet.

Twilight Edge
11-25-2006, 05:15 PM

I remember that. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=83020)

Oh, that was sooooo dead. That was my only thread on General Chat I think, LOL. :bigsmile:

Dell
11-25-2006, 05:36 PM
I've never met anyone famous ever! =(

Me too...:(

10-Breaker
11-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Jope Ruonansuu is famous in Finland. Dunno have any of you heard of him. Anyway he is rude, cause he didnt even speak to me.

I Don't Need A Name
11-25-2006, 06:53 PM
er...walked passed Jack Dee, met the chuckle brothers and spoke the the drummer of an australien band called Glasshouse, on msn

K-chan
11-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Err... saw one of the guys from Oasis in London once. Didn't know who it was until his body guard (or whatever he was) basically told me to shove off. >>

NorthernChaosGod
11-26-2006, 07:34 AM
I've met a lot of people from various bands.

Also I've met Maddox and Tucker Max.

Faris
11-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Bobby Hull, hockey player. If that's considered famous.

BardTard
11-26-2006, 03:16 PM
No but last night I had a dream that I met Cameron Diaz.

Essência
11-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Lucho Gonzalez near to my school eheh, he is a soccer player of Porto, he is so cute! ehehe and Deco, he was in my school while he played in Porto aswell.

Hambone
11-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I met Elijah Wood and my brother has met Sean William Scott.

Sean William Scott is filming a movie at my brother's high school.

Mirage
11-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Also I've met Maddox
Did you kick him in his teeth?

BarelySeeAtAll
11-26-2006, 08:33 PM
i sorta met Richard Hammond, i have his autograph, lol, he asked me for a pen to sign this thing, i said no, and in the end he used a pink one

louby_4eva
11-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I've never met anyone famous, I saw the kooks live when they performed in my local vibes. :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Quindiana Jones
11-26-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm Joanna Lumley.

Dreddz
11-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Ive talked to Harry from Mcfly....

Quindiana Jones
11-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Ive talked to Harry from Mcfly....

You poor, poor man. :(

Chemical
11-26-2006, 10:01 PM
I met the lead singer of Alice Cooper.

I also met Keanu Reeves in New York.

Shlup
11-26-2006, 10:31 PM
I spent a lot of time in Beverly Hills growing up, so I've met a few and seen a list. I met James Caan several times because I spent a lot of time with his mother, who is one of the greatest old people ever.

I also talked to Pauly Shore once. He's really friendly. Gave my cousin a noogie.

NorthernChaosGod
11-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Also I've met Maddox
Did you kick him in his teeth?

No. Why would I?

Martyr
11-27-2006, 08:56 AM
I met O.J. Simpson in a bar once.

Iceglow
11-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I've met the following famous people (details included)

Princess Diana ~ She came to the hospital I was in as a kid

Maggie Thatcher ~ Conservative offices for her constituency were opposite my old house.

Disturbed ~ My first proper gig, It was at the Astoria and I won the tickets to go. Turned out that it wasn't tickets I had won but 2 VIP guest list places to go and meet and greet the bands performing and hang out in the green room with several other famous people. I can't remember all the others but I remember the bands.

The Darkness ~ Back before their first album they supported Disturbed, I met them then, they sucked then too :D

Blindside ~ Other support act for Disturbed, they rocked

Lost Prophets ~ I was drunk at a club where in the adjoining building they had just performed a gig (infact it was the same building but building had a night club in it too) I got let in to the green room, post set because the security guard mistook me for one of their roadies. I got drunk with the band after they refused to let security kick me out (nice of them) and an autographed poster from them.

Kelly Osbourne ~ OMFG my worst story ever, it was my 18th birthday celebration and well my mates had paid for me to go to Game On (this was the first one in the millenium dome.) We went there and decided because Cypress Hill suck we would go to our usual club for the night (especially since everyone there was phoning me up all day long saying happy birthday and I was going to be brought beers all night long if I called in the freebies). Kelly Osbourne had also gone clubbing there that night and when my mates realised some of them knowing how much I deteste Kelly Osbourne decided to arrange a special "surprise" for me. They went over and somehow managed to get Kelly Osbourne to pull me as a birthday treat. Just a kiss (snog) thats all it was nothing more. However I hated her so much that I didn't want to and yet my mates basically had me trapped between Kelly Osbourne and a VERY hard place lol. I had to snog her and then ran to the loo to vomit something about her just tasted wrong. LOL funny in hind sight not that night, still she was bottled off the stage at Game on the next day in like 20 minutes. Ahhh sweet memory of her guitarist telling us we all throw like pussies as his face was smashed by a bottle thrown at him.

Bowling For Soup ~ Not so much a meet with these guys but they definitely heard me! I was at a gig (twisted tinkerbell was at this same gig and saw/heard me even though we were complete strangers at the time. This was 2 years prior to us dating) When Chris from Bowling for Soup took off his Jersey I was disgusted so I decided to yell at him from the balcony of the astoria "For the Love of God Put it Away it's fucking disgusting!" The band heard me and everyone laughed including Chris from the band...good times.

Violent Delight ~ They played a club gig and I had the audacity to tell their lead singer that the original Album version of Shattered sounded a lot better than the new version they performed live.

that about sums it up unless I think of more people I have met famous wise.

Jess
11-27-2006, 08:43 PM
I met a famous guy from the boy band '5ive', once. It would have been exciting if I didn't hate their music! :jess:

The Captain
11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
I've had the pleasure of working with the staff of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. They are all wonderfully down to earth people.

Also I've met more than a few actors and actresses and I met New York Jets' QB Chad Pennington's mom when I was working at a bookstore. She came in and bought every Jets calendar we had because Chad was on the cover.

Take care all.

Yamaneko
11-27-2006, 09:38 PM
You've met Stephen Colbert, Captain?

The Captain
11-27-2006, 09:41 PM
More than a few times actually. He's a HUGE LOTR's buff and enjoys a good green tea. He's also absolutely laugh out loud funny and geniunely nice to all his employees, as is Mr. Stewart.

Take care all.

XxSephirothxX
11-27-2006, 09:42 PM
I've had the pleasure of working with the staff of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. They are all wonderfully down to earth people.
That's awesome.

I know a guy who does stage work for TBS, and he was once on WWF or whatever as the Doctor. So he's not really famous, but it's still pretty cool. :p

And, uh...I saw the guy who invented Segways at a robotics event in Atlanta. He drove right by me on his Segway. :p

Yamaneko
11-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I really like when he presents his geekiness side on the show and he seems pretty proud of it. He seems like a really down to earth guy from what I saw of his 60 Minutes interview too.

Miriel
11-27-2006, 09:45 PM
More than a few times actually. He's a HUGE LOTR's buff and enjoys a good green tea. He's also absolutely laugh out loud funny and geniunely nice to all his employees, as is Mr. Stewart.

Take care all.

Oh man. I'm so jealous of you!

I've met a bunch of celebrities. I met a good chunk of the LotR cast at various premieres and book signings. That was great.

The Captain
11-27-2006, 09:47 PM
He's also among the most brave comedians I've ever met:

Consider, a good deal of his show consists of him essentially saying the most outlandish 'conservative' things, to a, let's face it, extremely liberal audience. All tongue in cheek of course, but he manages to be deadpan so often.

And of course, the Correspondent's dinner where he tore apart the Bush Administration with the President three seats away! Few if any comics would actually make jokes about the President to his face, but Stephen went for it big time.

He's also really proud of his Tek Jansen Adventures comics.

Take care all.