PDA

View Full Version : FF8 Overworld Theme = FF9 Terra Theme?

Peter_20
11-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Don't you think that these songs sounds very similar in some places?
I've listened to the Overworld Theme in FF8 a bunch of times, and at one part of the melody it reminds me a lot of the Terra melody in FF9.
You know, that part in FF9 going:

DO, do, DO-do, do-do, do-do-do-do-do, do-do, do...
DO, do, DO-do, do-do, do-do, DO-do-do-do-do, do...

I think it's the very same melody. :)

Vivisteiner
11-25-2006, 06:12 PM
I remember its a bit similar but not that much. Do you have a link to the FFVIII overworld tune so I can hear it again?

Talking of similarities, I think in 'movin' in FF8, a tune that comes on 25 seconds in (not the main tune), sounds similar to Cid's theme in FF9 (30 seconds in).

You know,

DOO doo DOO doo do do do do, dodododo do. in FF9

DOO doo DOO doo dodododo do. in FF8

Sefie1999AD
11-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I don't think Terra and the Blue Fields sound similar at all. The song Terra has some parts from "The Place I'll Return to Some Day", and the first notes sound a bit like Aeris' theme.

Bolivar
11-28-2006, 02:12 AM
As great as Uematsu's work is, I've noticed alot of repetition in his works, but I guess that's to be expected as there's so many bands where almost every song has similar components.

We need links to both songs so we can get confirmation on this.

Peter_20
11-28-2006, 10:57 AM
As great as Uematsu's work is, I've noticed alot of repetition in his works, but I guess that's to be expected as there's so many bands where almost every song has similar components.

We need links to both songs so we can get confirmation on this.You shall have it. :)

Blue Fields:
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/bluefeld.mid

Terra:
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/4-06._TerraV2.mid

Just listen to them a couple of times, there IS a part that seems to appear in both songs. :)

Vivisteiner
11-28-2006, 06:03 PM
I understand what your getting at. The appegios in both. But I dont think its very similar.