PDA

View Full Version : O Christmas Tree ...

Leen-Leen
11-26-2006, 03:00 AM
It's still a bit early, but my family already has our Christmas tree up. A fresh one, too. My mom has a firm belief that Christmas trees only look good if they have three or less colors. So ours has: red, gold, and white.

So, do YOU have your Christmas tree up? Do you even put a Christmas tree up? Do you even celebrate Christmas?

Christmas
11-26-2006, 03:00 AM
No.

Meat Puppet
11-26-2006, 03:01 AM
I don’t have one up, and I’m not putting one up.

LunarWeaver
11-26-2006, 03:03 AM
I'm too lazy to celebrate Christmas with all the trees and the lights and the confetti and the crazytalk.

Roto13
11-26-2006, 03:06 AM
Your mother is several different kinds of wrong.

When I put my tree up in three weeks or so, you'll see what a real bitchin' Christmas tree looks like.

White Raven
11-26-2006, 03:11 AM
In the past my family would go with my grandparents and aunt and uncle to a tree farm that's out in the country near my city. We'd go on the first weekend of December and hunt and kill the perfect tree. :)

This year is the first year where my parents split, so I think my dad and I are just getting some crummy fake tree for the apartment. :cry:

Freya
11-26-2006, 03:24 AM
I have a fiber optic tree. I don't have to string lights because i'm uber lazy.

Avarice-ness
11-26-2006, 03:24 AM
If it wasn't for me and my dad both working and neither of us having time to be home to decorate, we would have had all the decorations up today or Yesterday. Before my parents got divorced we had a tradition to get a live tree on my dad's Birthday (Dec. 5th) but put all the decorations up the weekend of Thanksgiving, and this will be the first year in 8 years that we're going to get the tree on my dad's b-day again, plus It's been a while since I've had a real one! :heart:

Shlup
11-26-2006, 03:34 AM
I'm still debating whether or not I'll put up a tree this year. I'll have to do it myself, and the only people who'll see it is myself and my husband anyway.

Yamaneko
11-26-2006, 03:36 AM
Yeah, it would be a waste on my part since only my brother and myself would see it. Save the trees!

Sylvie
11-26-2006, 03:38 AM
We put our tree up when its closer to Xmas.

Timerk
11-26-2006, 03:45 AM
Since I have parents who wake up at 4am every day, I just wake up one morning and it is there. Then I help my mom decorate it, and go back to sleep.

I am so over Christmas trees.

blackmage_nuke
11-26-2006, 04:06 AM
I find a normal tree far prettier than a Christmas tree. A Christmas tree is far too pointy to hug as well.

So no

Miriel
11-26-2006, 04:07 AM
I can't even remember the last time my family has had a Christmas tree. My parents tell me that when I was younger we had them but I'm not really buying that. Christmas for my family has always been a strictly religious thing, no trees involved.

Anyway, this year I wanna have a little miniature tree with my boyfriend. :)

Hambone
11-26-2006, 04:09 AM
I love Christmas trees! We're going next Saturday to pick up one. I hope we get a big tree. It's not Christmas without one. What else can you sit in front of on Christmas Eve? Where else can you put presents?

RiseToFall
11-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Way to early to put up a tree. About 3 weeks and mine will be up, I do everything myself. I'm just awesome like that.

theundeadhero
11-26-2006, 05:26 AM
I'm hoping my family waits until I come home to put one up. I think they will.

VengefulRonin
11-26-2006, 05:39 AM
My parents are going shopping for one tomorrow (a fake one, real ones arent worth the trouble) because we realized that we had lost ours. Now how you lose a christmas tree i dont know...

rubah
11-26-2006, 05:46 AM
Our christmas tree goes up about three weeks before christmas. The last couple of years my best friend has helped us decorate.

We go out to the pasture to find a nice cedar tree. Sometimes we can't find a nice one so we get a crappy one, but we decorate it anyways. We southerners stick to our guns.

Its' very multicolored from years of collecting ornaments, handmade school ornaments, bright 90s lights, and not enough tinsel. I love tinsel, and we never have enough.

we have all sorts of garlands too, one thick green and silver one that goes across the mantle over the woodstove, some fuschia and a blue one and some red and gold and silver ones, and one tiny gold one that is almost completely worn out xD

jill
11-27-2006, 03:39 AM
Hooray for fake trees! Ours is up, because it lasts forever! We're lazy, but hey at least it has colored lights! And we decorate the house and stuff, so it's all good. We're Christmasy.

41-Inches-Wide
11-27-2006, 06:18 AM
OUR CHRISTMAS TREE HAS STOOD EVER SINCE SEPTEMBER.
A quirky Filipino trait about putting up christmasy things at the very start of "BER" months (septem BER, octo BER etc...)

Dell
11-27-2006, 06:23 AM
I have Christmas as my tree. :bigsmile:

No.

Se-davvero-esiste
11-27-2006, 06:25 AM
I put my tree up with my mother in late August of 1988, it hasn't come down since.

ALL HAIL CHRISTMAS!!

...AND SABIN! (for the other TNA fans out there.)

Little Blue
11-27-2006, 08:12 AM
My folks are probably gonna get a tree so when I finish for christmas and go home in the middle of december it'll undoubtedly be there. As for me, I'm happy just loading a couple dozen christmas songs to my laptop / pc and having a christmas themed desktop and that's about as far as I can be bothered to decorate.:p

Reles
11-27-2006, 04:29 PM
I love decorating Christmas trees, they smell so pretty too. I don't think I could have a proper christmas without that wonderful smell. Typically we'll put one up consisted of simple colors like gold and red, my parents are pretty simple people. Though I do like laying out in the living room with the lights on and sleeping, it's so pretty and comforting. Just so much nostalgia. Although I'll be without one for awhile because I live in the dorms.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
no, its not even december yet!!!
we are moving soon anyway, so there would be no point
i was outraged though, to see they were all selling crimbo stuff, before it was even halloween!!!

Chloe.
11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
We always get a Christmas tree, but we haven't got one yet this year. It's a bit early at the moment. :bigsmile:

Vikeve
11-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Yup! Except its to early to put ours up but we do go out and bye a nice big Christmas tree. That or my dad goes out and byes the first tree he sees which is always shrimpy and then my parents start fighing over wether they should go back and bye a new one. Pretty funny.:)

Owen Macwere
11-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes, we put a christams tree up. Still early though.

Bunny
11-27-2006, 05:54 PM
I do not like Christmas.