PDA

View Full Version : Just got it ...

Shinra_Beta
11-26-2006, 03:23 AM
Yeah I just bought XII the other day and when I saw how thick the strategy guide was, I decided I should buy that, too. Anyway, I'm not too far in the game (I just got Fran and Balthier and I'm in the dungeon place now) and I'm lovin' the graphics and the storyline is pretty cool but the battle system is takin' some gettin' used to. The license system reminds me of the sphere grid in X and I liked the sphere grid so the license is alright but it's kinda weird not getting randomly encountered by enemies and how you have run around while you wait for your attack bar to go up until you can attack them.

Well I just wanted to know if anyone else was feelin' this way or how others feel about the game so far (I'm the only one I know who has it) or if it gets better or anything in general. So far, I'm likin' this game. :) :D

chionos
11-26-2006, 05:11 AM
I'd already been indoctrinated by FFXI's battle system when FFXII came out so I'm a bit biased but: I love it.
It will grow on you, by the end you'll love how intuitive, expressive, and challenging it is. The gambit system is slightly flawed but it is very interesting and I hope it remains a part of the series for games to come.

MurderfaceX3
11-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Yes, Chionos is right. The gambit system is a tad flawed, and the story line is quite lame. But Overall FFXII is a really good game since there are so many side quests and the MMO sensibilities on a single player game makes it fun. I did enjoy the other FF's with the turn-based type of combat, But who can complain with Princess Ashe's short skirt, and Fran's ......."Wardrobe".........;)

vorpal blade
11-30-2006, 12:30 AM
I'm fairly far into the game now and I like almost everything. Vaan and Penelo could have better voice acting, and the quickenings can be very annoying due to the randomness, and Gambits are a little flawed, but overall the game is good. Great graphics, cool score, and I have grown to like the battle system (the fact that there're no screen transitions kinda drwas you into the world).

Shinra_Beta
11-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Yeah I'm enjoying the battle system a lot more now that I'm getting furthur in the game and I agree that Vaan and Penelos voices coulda been done better but It's still cool to have the characters talk.

I still don't get the quickenings and everything yet but I'm getting there and I hope I'll understand it and like it =)

Araciel
11-30-2006, 03:19 AM
yah the atb guage or whatever they call it fills up a bit slow even when i turn the battle speed up...but i expect i will enjoy this game thoroughly

Dell
11-30-2006, 05:42 AM
I like Penelo's voice. Her voice in the Japanese Version is better, though.

Octavious
11-30-2006, 03:37 PM
I don't have it yet :( I'm about to sell my PSP so I will have money for it, lol.