PDA

View Full Version : Finally! *falls to knees*

Laugh at face of Danger
11-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Finally this game is within my grasp - well, soonish anyways, December 13th soonish. That's detracting from the point, I need you, the honest public, to warn me of anything that might catch me out/make me want to smash stuff etc.? Y'know, like hard boss fights, hard regular fights, infuriating dungeons and all that jazz.

Fire away!

Cezanzo
11-26-2006, 06:30 PM
well,the final boss is took me forever to kill, and there is one boss in the begining, Antlion, who does this "sandstorm" attack which puts everyones HP to 1 (or some number like that) so be ready to heal everyone fast. Plus beware of Ashes. There this monster at the end of the game and they always almost killed me so I ran like a little baby. but thats all I really remember. Different bosses are hard for different people so you'll fust have to play the game and find out.

TheSpoonyBard
11-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Some bosses have quite decent equipment to steal, but there's a 1/256 chance of you stealing it. That's annoying.

Timerk
11-26-2006, 07:45 PM
The final boss is pretty hard (and cheap), but beatable if you manage your abilities well. The chocobo stuff can be frustrating as well, but it is optional.

ScottNUMBERS
11-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Some bosses have quite decent equipment to steal, but there's a 1/256 chance of you stealing it. That's annoying.
That's about it.

The mini-games may want to make you smash things but if this is how you feel towards them, simply don't play them, although imo all the mini-games are extremely fun. As for the bosses; The only hard ones are optional.

I Don't Need A Name
11-26-2006, 07:58 PM
finish all the chocobo stuff, to get a chance of fighting one of the hardest bosses in FF (Ozma)

RiseToFall
11-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Besides Ozma (optional boss) this game was relatively easy for me. So don't worry to much about it.

Muse
11-26-2006, 11:43 PM
To be honest, this game is one of the easiest Final Fantasies there is. Just take it as it comes. It's pretty easy.

Cid Vicious
11-27-2006, 08:47 AM
As others have said this game isn't too difficult compared to some of the earlier ones, although some of the forced mini-games annoyed me. And some of the bosses might be a little tough if under-leveled (Black Walz & Sealion are tricky as you only have Zidane when fighting them early in the game), also DON'T use Fire against the Iifa Tree and listen to the little Moogle in Gizamaluke's Grotto when he advices you NOT to climb up the vines.

Croyles
11-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Steal from every boss and have patience. But whatever you do, forget about stealing the Fairy Flute from Hilgigars, it can take you 250 tries, trust me, its not fun! The rest is pretty easy.

Slade
11-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Gizamaluke. Watch out for him. He's a very early boss but he's pretty tricky if your trying to steal stuff from him while trying not to die. It probably sounds stupid, but I still frequently die on this dude while trying to steal his items :mad:

dodhungry
11-28-2006, 07:04 AM
I thought this was one of the easier FF's out there. Just remember to keep leveling and level hard at the begining. There is no shame of out leveling the first boss or any boss after that by 5-10 lvls.

Lynx
11-28-2006, 07:12 AM
ozma is the only really hard enemy but hes optional anyways. searching for choco graphs can be annoying then trying to find them is annoying. but its kinda addictive and youll find yourself hours on end playing chocobo hot and cold.

the last battle can be kinda challangeing out of ffvii ffviii and ffx i definatly thought ffix had the hardest final battle.

aerithsloveslave
11-29-2006, 12:42 PM
This game is fairly easy but it is also a lot of fun to play. The bosses range from being very easy (one of them can be killed with a single spell) to extremely frustrating (Tantarian, Antlion). All in all it still my favorite FF.

boys from the dwarf
11-29-2006, 03:24 PM
theres a status effect called trouble.

it means if the troubled chacter gets hit, the other charcters suffer the damage too. fortunately there aren't many bosses or enemies that use this status effect wisely.

Laugh at face of Danger
12-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the advice - I train like a maniac most of the time and I like the "higher levels than the boss" look, it makes me feel powerful. I like to steal stuff, so I might stock up on controllers while I can ¬_¬

Mini games? They do my head in, but I suppose I can cope, same with the optional bosses, I sorta have a tantrum, get back up and do it all over again. Until I win. Which I will.

nik0tine
12-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Gizamaluke can definetly be difficult on your first few tries. Cast blind on him, though, and he's much easier. I do recommend stealing from him though. He carries some nice equipment.

Jigsaw
12-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Don't spend hours tryin' to steal a Fairy Flute. It's not worth it man!

nik0tine
12-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Don't spend hours tryin' to steal a Fairy Flute. It's not worth it man!
Who can you steal that from again? Hilgigars?

Vivisteiner
12-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Yep. Hilgigars.
Dont bother trying.

Croyles
12-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Already been said :(

PuPu
12-03-2006, 12:57 AM
FFIX has many, many, secrets in this game. It could quite possibly have the most secrets of any FF (XII being an exception) and has so much stuff that I can't possibly tell you in one post. But I'll tell you a bit of stuff that I know...

In the beginning of the game, try to get all 100 nobles impressed if you can. To do this, you have to tap every button correctly and quickly. This can be very frustrating, but if you succeed, you will get 10,000 gil. Also, remember to talk to Queen Brahne using Steiner after the scene to get a reward. (You get a rare Moonstone if you get a score of 100)

Sometimes with ATE's, viewing/not viewing/viewing in a certain order can get you rewards or secrets. For example, in Treno, one ATE makes it so you lose 1000 gil, but you get a Power Belt accessory later because you viewed the ATE.

Make sure that when you go into weapon and armor shops you but ALL the stuff available, even if it's weaker than what you have. This is because certain items can be missed and will have better uses later on in the game. For example, a Mythril Sword can only be obtained in Disc 1, but it used to synthesize Grand Armor in Disc 4, the best possible armor in the game for Steiner and Freya. I had to steal it from Nova Dragon to get it. :mad: (Don't bother trying to get Tin Armor)

Chocographs can give you great stuff. Do them as early as possible and you will have a great advantage over your enemies. Also, try to do it early and not wait until Disc 4, because then the world will be in Mist, making it harder to find the treasures. Also, don't play Chocobo Hot and Cold to get the rewards. Believe me, the Robe of Lords, the best robe in the game, is not worth 10,000 Points.

Necron isn't as hard as people might think. He's got Blue Shockwave which reduces a character's HP to 1, Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Flare, Meteor, Protect, and Shell. (I hardly ever see him use Flare or Meteor against me before. I think he'll counter you whenever you cast it. E.g, He'll counter Firaga with Firaga. You can be sure that he will use Protect and Shell though.) His most dangerous attack is Grand Cross, which has a chance of doing all the bad statuses in the game including Death, and places your HP 1-10. On occasion, this attack may miss you entirely. Now, after Grand Cross comes his most powerful attack, Neutron Ring, which does about 4000 damage to the party. If you can survive his Grand Cross-Neutron Ring combo, victory is almost guaranteed, as he will use Blue Shockwave three more times until the next Grand Cross.

Ozma is insanely hard. He could quite possibly be the hardest side-boss in FFI-FFX-2. Now, his HP isn't quite that high, as only a few 9,999 could kill him, but he is not easy in any way. One thing you should know is that Ozma will always be faster than your characters. Every time your characters' ATB bar fills up, he automatically gets to make a move before you do. It's impossible to outspeed him. I won't go into much detail on how you should beat him, but you should know that he's slightly easier at high lvl's(80-99); most people beat him at lvl 60-70, I beat him at lvl 55, and some people even beat him at lvl 1. The thing is, if you can't beat him, it's not that you are too low lvl'd, it's that you were unlucky.

On a final note, try and steal as much as possible; every steal powers up Zidane's Theivery ability which you get at the end. Of course, just don't try and steal Phoenix Pinions at lvl 1, or try and steal the Fairy Flute from Hilgigars, like people have said. Now, against Ark, it's a different case. Stealing the Holy Lance is also very hard, but the thing is, it's the 3rd best lance in the game which you can get relatively early.

Well, enjoy playing Final Fantasy IX!

Croyles
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
If you want to make easy money: Buy 99 Steepled Hats and 99 Wrists to synthesie Cotton Robes for 1000 gil each and selling them for 2000, this can be done before disc two, and at the beginning of disc two. ^^

VengefulRonin
12-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Very fun game, its fairly easy but nothing compared to, say, Tactics Advance. There's tons of references to other FFs in this game, and after VII and VIII it was nice to see FF go back to being a fantasy game.

On your first fight in the game, when you're on your theatre ship, have everyone steal from the "boss" until he's empty.

As already mentioned by PuPu, try to get 100 nobles impressed when you're in alexandria. The money you'll win will be very helpful.

Once you land in the evil forest, get zidane up to lv 6 or above, lv 6 probably being the lowest you wanna go. You can do lower, but you'll encounter 3 boss fights in a very short amount of time, and you'll want zidane to be pretty strong. I think the highest i ever leveled him was 8, after that i just didnt have the patience. But if you do this, it'll make the rest of the game easier because zidane will always be a few lvs higher than necessary.

nik0tine failed to mention how to cast blind on gizamaluke: toss a tent at him. Then you can hack away at him, but remember to steal from him until he's empty, he has some nice items.

And dont worry much about that Antlion dude, just make sure vivi uses blizzara constantly and you're good...'course that wont help if you're underleveled <.< Steal from him too, if you have the chance. I'm pretty sure he can be poisoned too, but i cant remember for sure...

Cruise Control
12-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Antlion is cake. Blizzara does like 1400 damage.