PDA

View Full Version : Devil may cry

Sparky
11-26-2006, 05:29 PM
What is the best way to beat vergil because I am fighting him and I keep losing?

Markus. D
11-26-2006, 06:07 PM
in the original?

if so... which form?

edit: the cheap way is to jump around and shooty shoot with guns, but thats boring.

RiseToFall
11-26-2006, 06:30 PM
1st?
2nd?
Final?

Which one are you talking about?

NorthernChaosGod
11-27-2006, 09:38 AM
www.gamefaqs.com

Markus. D
11-27-2006, 10:30 AM
I reckon if you want to defeat it with S in style.

go onto youtube. and search for some awesome japanese guy pwning it.

and try and work off of the combo.

Polnareff
11-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Don't you technically fight Vergil only in DMC3? Because in DMC1 Vergil was actually Nelo Angelo (or Angelo Nero), so he must be talking about fighting Vergil in the third game.

I'm assuming you're talking about the first form of him in DMC3. If you don't case about style points, attack him prudently with your weapon combos (meaning, only hit him until he's about to slash you). When he tries to slash you, jump, lock on, and then fire on him with Ebony and Ivory. His dashing slash should just barely miss you. Rinse and repeat until dead. And IIRC, there are statues in the level which you can hide behind; Vergil will try to slash at them if you do, and he'll be wide open for more combos. Of course my strategies might be a little off since I haven't played DMC3 in a long while.

Sparky
11-29-2006, 02:30 PM
The final fight on 3 my bad.

Markus. D
12-05-2006, 05:48 AM
oh in that case.

not jumping and gunning.

probably the most efficient is with a Royal Guard as Virgil attacks head on most of the time.

Trickster is also a nice choice so you can avoid his head on attacks and attack him in that 0.2 seconds (something like that) of idle time in-between psycho combinations (I do not remember the name of the actual skill. but its when Dante Teleports above the target and stubs, excecute a combo. and dodge away to safety).

unless you are a pro at combos. do not use Swordmaster.

JKTrix
12-05-2006, 12:56 PM
I destroyed Vergil with the Swordmaster style. Lots of fun that was. I like a challenge.

Sparky
12-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks I will try all those.

Sparky
12-24-2006, 03:45 AM
I finally beat him, but now what are all the random numbers in the game.

I also believe vergil should have a different storyline.