PDA

View Full Version : "Our" song?

jill
11-27-2006, 01:14 AM
Okay, I'm a huge fan of Zidane and Dagger, but there is one thing that rather bothers me. How did Dagger's song become Zidane and Dagger's song? To me it really only seems to have any special connection to her, not him. I just noticed when he said "Our song" (I think in Madain Sari near the end of Disc 2?) I was like, "Wait, what?" Did I miss something? :confused:

Darth Cid
11-27-2006, 05:27 AM
I am the ULTIMATE Zidane & Garnet fanboy. It's simple, Zidane stated that as a failed means of flirting with Garnet. At the end of the game, they say it's "their" song then, because it truly is. Zidane sung it, to give him reason to survive and return to Garnet.

Sefie1999AD
11-27-2006, 06:55 PM
*SPOILERS!!!*

Madain Sari on Disc 2:

ZIDANE: "It's okay. Keep singing. 'Cause it's our song, right? I'm surprised you found this place. You got the talent to be a bandit! How 'bout you and me team up? We'll call ourselves 'The Betrothed.'"

I think Zidane said it to flirt with Dagger or to tease her a bit. However, I think he was also the only one in addition to Dagger who had heard the song (he was with Dagger when she sang it on Disc 1), so maybe that's why he called it "their" song.

Also, the ending:

DAGGER: "How did you survive...?
ZIDANE: "I didn't have a choice. I had to live, I wanted to come home to you. So... I sang your song."
DAGGER: "Our song."

Well, it could as well be Zidane who said "Our song" in the end, but I don't think it really matters. Since Zidane kept singing the song to survive and make his way back to Dagger, it's now also his song.

jill
11-27-2006, 08:49 PM
It's simple, Zidane stated that as a failed means of flirting with Garnet.

Oh, okay. I was pretty sure about the end, but I didn't quite understand why he said it in Disc 2. That sounds about right, though. :rolleyes2 What are we going to do with him?

Darth Cid
11-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Let him and Garnet have a happy ending pls!

AngelofSatire
12-17-2006, 11:14 PM
The song is wonderful..!!!!!

The Unknown Guru
12-31-2006, 11:33 PM
I think Zidane was just flirting with Dagger. However, it actually becomes "their song" after a while.

Hambone
01-01-2007, 12:08 AM
I am the ULTIMATE Zidane & Garnet fanboy.
Actually, Chris was. :cry:

Jessweeee♪
01-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Such a lovely song ;.;