PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Wright in SNK vs Capcom!

JKTrix
11-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Ok, I omitted the fact that this is a card battle game for the DS, cuz some of you probably wouldn't have clicked this thread if you knew that. I can hear you reaching for your 'previous page click' method-of-choice, but give it a look through first.

SNK vs Capcom Card Fighter DS.

I've had my eye on this game for a little while. I was considering importing it, but it actually is coming out in English in a few months so I'll wait. There have been SNK vs Capcom card games before on the NeoGeo Pocket and Wonderswan, I believe, and they are apparently pretty good, so I'm looking forward to this. I saw a demo video of it when I was at the Tokyo Game Show, and while I wasn't able to understand everything it looked interesting.

Here's a link with some pictures of the confirmed 'character cards' in the game, including the surprising addition of characters from Capcom's Phoenix Wright series.
http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12092

Just thought I'd raise the awareness for this game. It will use the Nintendo WiFi connection.

Erdrick Holmes
11-27-2006, 01:40 PM
This game is going to kick so much ass. I think I'll go preorder mine after I get paid now that I have a DS.

Agent Proto
11-27-2006, 04:26 PM
I might also get the game, if not for the PW characters, but because it seems interesting. :D

DK
11-27-2006, 04:36 PM
I always wanted to play these games on the Neo Geo, the capcom ones, so I will definitely get this anyway, the Phoenix Wright characters just help it more. :D

Polnareff
11-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Phoenix Wright?

Who cares about that?

This game has flipping Cyberbots characters in it! LIEK OMG! :eek:

While the Phoenix Wright statement was sarcastic (Edgeworth FTW), I think I'll basically get this game for the sheer selection of Capcom characters as cards. I mean, I love SNK as well, but FREAKING CYBERBOTS, MAN! :D AND RIVAL SCHOOLS!

Hell, they might even have some other obscure characters like the Warzard people in there too....

JKTrix
11-27-2006, 06:44 PM
they just might :) I'm glad this game is getting some love in the form of a western release. NamcoXCapcom for PS2 never did (and probably never will) come to the US, for whatever reason. I guess the risk of failure was too high and too expensive for them to try. The budget for a DS game is much less than a PS2 game, so they could afford to take a chance with this sort of stuff.

Madame Adequate
11-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Objection! (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1546673)

JKTrix
11-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Objection! (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1546682)

(I love that site.)

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2006, 01:29 AM
they just might :) I'm glad this game is getting some love in the form of a western release. NamcoXCapcom for PS2 never did (and probably never will) come to the US, for whatever reason. I guess the risk of failure was too high and too expensive for them to try. The budget for a DS game is much less than a PS2 game, so they could afford to take a chance with this sort of stuff.

NxC was great, I got an import of it and played it a few times and had the time of my life. Namco sucks for not letting Capcom do the translation for america, I hope Namco and all of their XenoSUCKga loving fanboys get genital crabs the size of softballs. FUCK Namco, FUCK THEM TO HELL!

Also, there's Cyberbots characters in this? What about Tech Romancer characters?