PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Anyone?

jjturtle12
11-27-2006, 03:36 PM
The greatest games ever made (besides Final Fantasy): Phantasy Star 1-4 for Sega Genesis, (1-3 were later remade for Game Boy Advance). i would like the opinion of anyone who has ever played these games. What was your favorite? What did you like about it? What did you hate about it?

In my opinion Phantasy Star two was the best of the group. I loved the music, the story, and the characters, and the amount of difficulty (took me over a year to beat it.)

I HATED the final boss, It was way too easy compared to the rest of the game, there was just no challenge to it. I also hated the ending because you don't find out exactly what happens to the Characters.

Dreddz
11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Phantasy Star is a great series, I liked the second the best as well. Although I am annoyed that they decided to move the series to a stat building RPG formula, still good but not as good as the original formula.

ljkkjlcm9
11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Phantasy Star Universe is a fun online game, and I also like the old ones

THE JACKEL

Vermachtnis
11-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Phantasy Star II is one of the hardest and best games I have ever played and I agree that the final boss isn't has hard as it could have been. I think it's far from being an easy boss, but it's kinda easy compared to what I was expecting ;p. But I love the music though, all of it. The entire game had a great OST.

theundeadhero
11-27-2006, 08:04 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=1484

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Phantasy Star is the greatest RPG series ever made, better than Final Fantasy, better than Suikoden, better than Xenosaga, better than them all. It took me ten years to beat PS2.

KentaRawr!
11-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Sadly, me being a stupid youngling, cannot enjoy the greatness of Phantasy Star, as its old age drives me away. However, I am quite fond of the online games.

Captain Maxx Power
11-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Phantasy Star 4 has the unfortunate side effect of being so incredibly good that it makes every other Genesis RPG look like complete rubbish by comparison.

Araciel
11-29-2006, 09:25 PM
yes it was a great series...too bad sega didn't have too many great rpgs on their consoles...there were some but not many...and none on the level of the PS series