PDA

View Full Version : The legend of Zelda (General Threat).

Rinoa Lover
11-27-2006, 06:36 PM
http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/zelda-gcn2/logo.jpgHello Dear players of The legend of Zelda games. here can we chat about all the games named The legend of Zelda titles. This game goes about the land named Hyrule and that country is ruled bij the Black Knight named Ganondorf and he captures the Princess of Hyrule named Zelda. Prince Link must rescue the Princess Zelda and Hyrule from the hand of Ganondorf and he is not alone Tri-Force will help him. The Tri-Force have the power of Knowledge, Courage and Power. Princess Zelda have the power of Knowledge, Prince Link have the Power of Courage and GanonDorf have the Power of Power.

=>Mine The legend of Zelda Collections<=>> The legend of Zelda 1 (NES).
>> Advanture of Link (NES).
>> A Link to the Past (SNES).
>> Link's Awakening (GBC).
>> Oracle of Ages (GBC).
>> Minish cap (GBA).
>> Twilght Princess (Wii).
That's all whats I have of Zelda.

=>Zelda game I played but not Owned<= >> Ocarina of Time (N64).
>> Wind waker (NGC).
That's all and I hope it's likely that you can chat about The legend of Zelda games. Please enjoy here.

Flying Mullet
11-27-2006, 06:41 PM
I don't find Zelda very threatning...

Rinoa Lover
11-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Hmm I don't what you will tying to tell me but this is the first Zelda threat I did make here.

JKTrix
11-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Your threads make me smile.

In every thread he makes, someone comments on his english. I think you should add something in your sig that says "My English is not perfect, please forgive weird words" and you'll get a lot less comments like that.

On topic though, Zelda is cool. A bit of trivia: Link has been left-handed because Shigeru Miyamoto is in fact left handed. Actually, he says he is ambidextrous, but prefers his left hand.

Levian
11-27-2006, 06:53 PM
=>Mine The legend of Zelda Collections<=
>> Adventure of Link (NES).
>> A Link to the Past (SNES).
>> Ocarina of Time (N64, GC)
>> Majora's Mask (N64)
>> WindWaker (GC)

=>Zelda game I played but not Owned<= >> The Legend of Zelda
>> Oracle of Seasons
>> Oracle of Ages
>> Minish Camp
>> Link's Awakening

I can't wait for Twilight Princess. :excited:

Roto13
11-27-2006, 07:34 PM
=>Mine The legend of Zelda Collections<=
All of them minus Twlight Princess (for now) and those cd-i abominations.

I'm a huge Zelda fan. Don't you dare threaten her.

Avarice-ness
11-27-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm more threatened by the chickens then Zelda herself. :(

theundeadhero
11-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Own

NES:
Legend of Zelda
Adventure of Link

SNES:
Link to the Past

Gameboy:
Links Awakening
Minish Cap

N64:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask

Gamecube:
Windwaker

Played
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Four Swords

Is there any other but Twilight Princess? I think that covers them all.

Dreddz
11-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Alundra is better than any of the 2D Zelda titles. Same cant be said for Alundra 2 and the 3D versions of Zelda but I can still think of plenty of games similier to Zelda that are superior.

Zelda holds its own quite well but its waaaay overrated, waaaaay.

theundeadhero
11-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Couldn't stand to play Alundra longer than an hour.

JKTrix
11-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Dreddz, steal someone's Wii and spend some quality time with Twilight Princess. It is *good*.

Have we played Shadow of the Collossus? Compared to Twilight Princess, Shadow feels like a tech demo.

LunarWeaver
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I own the first Zelda (and the second, but I ignore its existence), Ocarina, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker :jess: They're fun enough to keep me coming back, at least for one playthrough. I don't think they're the greatest thing since the oreo cookie or anything, but they're great for what they're supposed to be. Although between the water temple in Ocarina and all the sailing in Wind Waker I almost hate H20 forever. The series did make me want to learn how to throw a boomerang bad-ass style though.

Edit: I've also had the Minish Cap sitting around for months and I've yet to even touch it, but I do it own so count it.

RiseToFall
11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Have we played Shadow of the Collossus? Compared to Twilight Princess, Shadow feels like a tech demo.

That can't be possible Trix.

:bow:Shadow of the Colossus.

Spammerman
11-27-2006, 08:28 PM
The thing that got me is, if the game is about link, why is it called the legend of Zelda?

Dreddz
11-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Dreddz, steal someone's Wii and spend some quality time with Twilight Princess. It is *good*.

Its likely Ill play Twilight Princess when the Wii comes to England shores as I know a heap of people planning to get one but.....Ive already played every Zelda title out. I know the Zelda formula quite well, and from what Ive heard, Twilight Princess still sticks quite close to this. So I doubt Ill enjoy Twilight Princess much.

As for Shadow Of The Colossus being a tech demo of TP, Ill let you pass with that comment, Ico was always the better game.

theundeadhero
11-27-2006, 08:57 PM
The thing that got me is, if the game is about link, why is it called the legend of Zelda?In the original for NES, Link was some daring adventurous lad kicking monster ass all over the world. One day some wrinkly old hag ran into him saying she was Princess Zelda's maiden, eyes as glossy as your average crack addict. Her story was that the castle knew that Gannon was on his way to steal the triforce, so Zelda broke it up into eight pieces before he could get there. Just before his arrival, the maiden escaped, in search of some handsome young dude to save the princess. She's basically telling him the legend of Zelda, which inspires him to go out in search of the triforce pieces to save her. This is straight out of the original instruction booklet.

Frozen Phantom
11-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Own

Oracle of Time (GBC)
Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
A Link to the Past (GBA)
Ocarina of Time (N64)
The Windwaker (GC)
Four Swords (came with LttP)
Four Swords Adventures (GC)

Played but don't own:

Twlight Princess (Wii)

*edit* forgot 2 games

Roto13
11-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Edit: I've also had the Minish Cap sitting around for months and I've yet to even touch it, but I do it own so count it.

I love that game. It's my favourite 2D Zelda after Link's Awakening (which holds a special place in my heart. :P)

KentaRawr!
11-27-2006, 09:24 PM
I think instead of saying "Mine the legend of Zelda collections", you should say "My collection of Zelda games". Even though there's more than one Zelda game, the collection is a single object. Also, the reason I changed the title of "The Legend of Zelda" to "Zelda Games" because it sounds awkward to say "My" and then "The", as "My" implies there's more than one in this case, and "The" implies there's only one, even though it's referring to Zelda's legend. Also, I forgot why mine was incorrect in this case. >.> But my is correct. Also, a threat is a claim that you'll do something to someone that in their mind is negative. A thread is the pages people make on message boards, or a strand of a fabric.

ANYWAY...

=>My collection of Zelda games<=
Legend of Zelda (NES Gold Cart., C.E.)
Zelda 2: Adventure of Link (C.E.)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA)
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GBC)
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC)
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC) (Dead Battery)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, C.E.)
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (C.E.)
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GCN)
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GCN)
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (GBA, came with A Link to the Past)
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

C.E. = Collectors Edition
NES = Nintendo Entertainment System
N64 = Nintendo 64
GBC = Gameboy Color
GBA = Gameboy Advance
GCN = Gamecube (Nintendo)

This means I'm only missing the 3 CD-I games and the 3 Satellaview games. For obvious reasons, I don't plan on getting any of those.

While I am obviously a big fan of the Zelda games, I have to agree with Dreddz that the Zelda games are overrated. I fail to see how Ocarina of Time can get so high in "Best Game Ever" contests, even though it is one of my favorite games. It's story wasn't all that great, and the battle system, while fun, has been surpassed by games of its own kind as time went on. It seems like most of what it has going for it is the atmosphere.

Out of all the Zelda games, I'd have to say that my favorite so far is indeed Twilight Princess. The game is certainly more cinematic than earlier Zelda games, which in this case, is a good thing. And the sense of exploration I've come to enjoy is certainly still here, but with the ever so large world map, it is definitely improved. And the sense of atmosphere I've also come to enjoy is also quite alive and well in this installment of the Zelda series. It's also nice to see that some dungeons have more meaning than just having to collect a certain collection of items to beat the bad guy, while you do seem to go to dungeons for that purpose. And the Seiken Densetsu style cannon with clown music was simply superb.

Edit: By the way, Link isn't a prince. >_>

Rinoa Lover
11-28-2006, 07:53 PM
http://www.gameprotv.com/noticias/Wii_Controller_Zelda_Edition/aa34354zeldawiisword.jpgCool I wand this stuff it's great Zelda control version of Nintendo Wii the Sword of Wireless Controller and the shild. This is well the coolest Sturff for playing The legend of Zelda and how can you walk with the Analog Stick I can't see that.

Flying Mullet
11-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Why play the game with it? I'd take it out in public and chase people with it.

RiseToFall
11-28-2006, 08:01 PM
http://www.gameprotv.com/noticias/Wii_Controller_Zelda_Edition/aa34354zeldawiisword.jpg

And I thought I was going to look foolish playing the Wii before. But the geek inside me wants this with a passion

LunarWeaver
11-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Hahaha I would totally play with one of those, because my image is beyond repair anyway and that frees me to do such things.

Frozen Phantom
11-29-2006, 02:51 AM
uh....with the controler...who the hell do you move??? in the wii verson you use the analog stick on the nunchuck to move, so how do you on this verson???

oddler
11-29-2006, 03:00 AM
Why play the game with it? I'd take it out in public and chase people with it.

So true.

Roto13
11-29-2006, 03:28 AM
uh....with the controler...who the hell do you move??? in the wii verson you use the analog stick on the nunchuck to move, so how do you on this verson???

I think the analog stick is under the sheild or something. :P

KentaRawr!
11-29-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a fake, but if it were real, I think Roto would be right about where the Analog Stick is on the shield. Of course, this set up would keep Link right handed. o_o

Rinoa Lover
01-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I've got The legend of Zelda Twilight Princess now and the game is so great I like to play with Link most. The Wolf is great either because he can atrtack so greatly to his enemies. Link is the last swordsman on the game and Chosen by the Gods.

Click here for the The legend of Zehlda History: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXN1BF65WjI

Hmm I checked again that movie. The story is great but one is wrong I think that Twilight before the game of Zelda Wind Waker continues. I mean he sayd fisrt Twilight Princess that Wind Waker. That's not true I Think because Link is in Twilight Princess Aduld and on the Wind Waker is Link Child. Maybe Wind Waker, Hourclass than the Twilight Princess on Hyrule B I quess so.

Edit by Psychotic: Hey Rinoa Lover, please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button in future, thanks!

Madame Adequate
01-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Alundra is better than any of the 2D Zelda titles. Same cant be said for Alundra 2 and the 3D versions of Zelda but I can still think of plenty of games similier to Zelda that are superior.

Zelda holds its own quite well but its waaaay overrated, waaaaay.

Sometimes, Dreddz, you make me so happy.

Alundra is the best top-down adventure game I have ever played. Beats the hell out of all the 2D Zeldas.

I can see the appeal of the 3D Zelda games but they are, in large part, not to my taste. I do not, however, consider them deserving of the accolades they are commonly given.

Roto13
01-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I do. I just finished Twilight Princess yesterday. By the end you just want to stand up and yell "Bravo!" It's so... epic. It's amazing. Very few games can pull off that feeling.

Elite Lord Sigma
01-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I do. I just finished Twilight Princess yesterday. By the end you just want to stand up and yell "Bravo!" It's so... epic. It's amazing. Very few games can pull off that feeling.And that's the truth.

Anyway, as for my Zelda collection...

Owned
The Legend of Zelda
Link's Adventure
Link's Awakening
Minish Cap
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past/Four Swords
Twilight Princess (Wii version)

Formerly Owned
Wind Waker
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons

Played, But Not Owned
Four Swords Adventures

Want to Play
Phantom Hourglass (Yet to be released)

Madame Adequate
01-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I do. I just finished Twilight Princess yesterday. By the end you just want to stand up and yell "Bravo!" It's so... epic. It's amazing. Very few games can pull off that feeling.

And for me, Zelda isn't one of the few which can do so. :monster: (Although the big ocean in Wind Waker was kind of cool.)

Eiko Guy
01-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I liked the ocean I just wish there was more than one town in that game. It never made sense to me. The only town is on that island where the pirates dock and Im like wait. here dos everybody else live. The village link came from in wind waker was a village so it's not a town.

Madame Adequate
01-27-2007, 06:18 PM
I liked the ocean I just wish there was more than one town in that game. It never made sense to me. The only town is on that island where the pirates dock and Im like wait. here dos everybody else live. The village link came from in wind waker was a village so it's not a town.

Well reasoned, sir. Well reasoned indeed. A village is not a town.

Roto13
01-27-2007, 06:25 PM
The village link came from in wind waker was a village so it's not a town.

That's dumb. :P

Rinoa Lover
05-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Is any one post here about LOZ.

Jowy
05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Well, there hasn't been much to talk about since January.

Orophin
05-02-2007, 07:56 PM
The Zelda games I own
- The Legend of Zelda
- The Adventure of Link
- A Link to the Past
- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- Wind Waker
- Twilight Princess

Formerly Owned
- Oracle of Ages
- Oracle of Seasons
- Minish Cap

Played but never owned
- Link's Awakening

Never played (and don't want to)
- The Faces of Evil
- The Wand of Camelon
- Zelda's Adventure

yanis
05-02-2007, 08:38 PM
The Zelda Games I own
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
The Adventure of Link (NES)
A Link to the Past (SNES)
Link's Awakening (GBC)
Ocarina of Time (N64)
Majora's Mask (N64)
Oracle of Ages (GBC)
Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
Four Swords(with A Link to the Past) (GBA)
The Wind Waker (NGC)
The Minish Cup (GBA)

Own, but not Played...yet
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
The Adventure of Link (NES)
Link's Awakening (GBC)
Oracle of Ages (GBC)
Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
Four Swords(GBA)
The Wind Waker (NGC)

Btw all Zeldas I own are roms...:D

Eiko Guy
05-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Hey hey hey avillage isn't a town. Fewer houses and population. Gamewise not historically of course.

Del Murder
05-08-2007, 06:37 AM
For the longest time I couldn't beat Zelda 2 and I finally beat it a year ago. I had the tinies sliver of health left too.

I've played all the games up through the N64 era but not any of the ones for Gamecube or Wii since I don't have those systems. Just recently I beat Minish Cap and it was fun. Will there be a DS Zelda?

Roto13
05-08-2007, 06:39 AM
There's a DS sequel to Wind Waker in the works called The Phantom Hourglass.

Germ Hamee
05-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah, so I finally got a Wii this weekend. The only thing I've bought for it is Twilight Princess, and let me just say that it is fucking weird so far. Maybe it's just because I didn't pay any attention to the hype and was not at all prepared for this Twilight business. My goodness. It wouldn't have hurt me to watch a trailer or two.

But I'm liking it a lot so far.

The only other Zelda game I own is Ocarina of Time, which I loved. I haven't really enjoyed any of the other Zelda games I've played at all.

JKTrix
05-08-2007, 06:55 PM
... DS Zelda?

The closest thing to Zelda on the DS right now is Lunar Knights. It's a great game, more people need to play it.

demondude
05-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Was it me or was sumo wrestling in tp really weird

Mirage
05-10-2007, 06:06 PM
This thread threatens me :(.