PDA

View Full Version : When I shave, parts of my skin feels really weird...

Peter_20
11-27-2006, 07:02 PM
This probably should've been posted in the Eyes On Each Other forum. :)

Um, yeah, overall my skin looks good, but there's a particular area right below my chin that feels incredibly weird.
You know, whenever I try to shave that area, it almost feels as if the razor "gets stuck" in the skin, if you know what I mean.
There's a huge risk of cutting myself, and it does NOT feel smooth or anything at all, on the contrary.
Also, whenever I have shaved that area, it starts burning. :(

What the heck is this? :mad:
Is it dry skin, mayhap?
If it is, then what should I do?

The Devil Man
11-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Is it dry skin, mayhap?

Grow a Beard.

Levian
11-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Well, there's always waxing. I don't know if those hair removal creams work, but you could try that too. If you don't mind being scruffy then using an electric shaver is probably the best and least painful way.

RiseToFall
11-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Maybe you should visit a dermatologist for that.

Peter_20
11-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Well, there's always waxing. I don't know if those hair removal creams work, but you could try that too. If you don't mind being scruffy then using an electric shaver is probably the best and least painful way.I dunno if that's really the problem.
Actually, that area is over-sensitive even when I HAVE shaved myself.
I could touch that newly shaved area right now, and it feels kinda like an exaggerated sunburn.

Shauna
11-27-2006, 07:20 PM

Yep!

Shaun
11-27-2006, 07:25 PM
My skin feels quite weird when I shave. I get a lot of weird feelings through touch though. Apparently it's an Aspie thing...

Owen Macwere
11-27-2006, 07:37 PM
I get that feeling too, probably cause the skin under the chin is so sinsitive and has less meat in it comapred to the other places in the face.
My chin gets all so weird when i put it on something for some time. There is probably no solution to this but using some skin creams and they burn the skin if used after shaving. :(

Martyr
11-27-2006, 07:38 PM
I think the same sensation occurs with me.

If I'm not mistaken, it has to do with the shape of my (possibly "our") chin. I think that the razor has a hard time getting around it smoothly, so it's a little harder to shave clean, and so it burns or feels funny because you're passing the blade over it multiple times, and many more times than other easier shaved areas.

You might try different razors or, as has been said, an electric razor, to find something that fits your chin.

Madame Adequate
11-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Chin Patrol, HOOOOOO~! :cool:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-27-2006, 07:47 PM

Yep!

I'll assume he has the correct technical jargon aswell

~*~Celes~*~
11-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Go see a dermatologist =]

theundeadhero
11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Have you experimented with exfoiliation?

fire_of_avalon
11-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Sounds like razorburn to me. Use a good shaving cream and a good moisturizer after you shave. Do NOT use aftershave. The problem should resolve itself if your face is sufficiently moisturized. If that doesn't work, it's probably just really sensitive skin and you'll have to live with it. :/

Jowy
11-27-2006, 08:20 PM
I've got pretty much the same problem. I use shaving gel with aloe and it makes it feel and nice and tingly, and I never get razorburn.

Polaris
11-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Is it dry skin, mayhap?

Well when i first saw this topic I thought u were allergic to the porduct you use, but you should probably use some cream on ur face to make it soft and change the products!

Breine
11-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Sounds like razorburn to me. Use a good shaving cream and a good moisturizer after you shave. Do NOT use aftershave. The problem should resolve itself if your face is sufficiently moisturized. If that doesn't work, it's probably just really sensitive skin and you'll have to live with it. :/

What foa said is good advice. However if the creme doesn't work you surely have sensitive skin, which can't really be prevented... you just have to shave really slowly not to make it worse and get red dots and such.

NorthernChaosGod
11-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Peter_20, how old are you?

Jigsaw
11-28-2006, 11:34 PM
I guess I'm lucky, shaving is pretty easy for me, usually.