PDA

View Full Version : Remake celestial weapons???

Omega_Weapon
11-27-2006, 08:53 PM
is it possible to actually remake celestial weapons and customizing them the same and them having the same name??? I'm trying to remake Rikku's godhand cause I hate those stupid cactaurs and the sphere de dfsnbdf.

Timerk
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM
You can recreate the stats, but the CW's have special bonuses for each character and let aeons break damage limit, that you cannot customize.

The only one of my characters whom I made a break damage limit weapon for was Kim, because the butterfly game was too insane for me.

K. H. Kid
11-28-2006, 03:01 AM
You can but it isn't worth it. Getting 420 Dark Matters is a lot harder than get all to CW. Besides, the CW disregard all "special defenses" to just attack the bunt defenses. But hey, it's your time and energy to you can do what you want.

abrojtm
11-28-2006, 04:19 AM
Just get a weapon/armor with "No Encounters" and the Cactuar side-quest is a cinch.

(Yes, weapons exist with "No Encounters")

Firo Volondé
11-28-2006, 04:38 AM
Geosgaeno FTW.

ScottNUMBERS
11-28-2006, 08:16 PM
The weapons get a boost in attack power under certain circumstances:

- Wakka's, Kimari's, Tidus' and Rikku's Celestial Weapons Attack is at their peak when HP levels are high

- Auron's Celestial Weapon's attack is at it's peak when Auron's HP is low.

- Yuna and Lulu's Weapons are at their peak when their MPs are high.

Celestial Weapons are always way better than anything you can make, but the mini-games to get such Weapons are incredibly annoying - the choice is yours.

TheSpoonyBard
11-28-2006, 08:41 PM
You can but it isn't worth it. Getting 420 Dark Matters is a lot harder than get all to CW. Besides, the CW disregard all "special defenses" to just attack the bunt defenses. But hey, it's your time and energy to you can do what you want.
Celestial Weapons, when used to attack physically (Attack, Skill, Special) completely ignore the target's Def stat. They're still affected by Armoured status.

In addition to the above, and what ScottNUMBERS said, they also have a +6% chance of making a critical hit. You can create weapons with the same abilities, but the name and special properties cannot be imitated.