PDA

View Full Version : ISO's and PSX

Sylvie
11-27-2006, 09:20 PM
So I have a modded PSX, and I got a hold of an ISO. I'm not going to mention where I got them or anything.

Anyway, I want to know a good way of putting this ISO r whatever on a disk so I can play it on my PSX. If anyone can help out, thanks.

XxSephirothxX
11-27-2006, 09:38 PM
I've never tried to do it with a PSX ISO, but I imagine Alcohol 120% is the way to go. If you Google it, you can probably find some good tutorials online. I was able to for the Dreamcast, at any rate. Of course, you don't need a modded system to play burnt Dreamcast games, so it's a probably a bit more popular.

Sylvie
11-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I tried Googling it but alls I got was how to take a PSX game and copy it. I couldn't find anything on how to manually make a PSX game with an ISO you have.

Shoeberto
11-27-2006, 11:11 PM
1. Find your preferred CD burning application of choice.
2. Find the "Burn CD from image/ISO/whatever" option
3. Choose your ISO and burn.

If you can't find an option for it, on Windows, burnatonce is a really good free tool. On Linux, K3b is a great choice.

Mirage
11-27-2006, 11:32 PM
In Nero, you just open the CD image, and choose burn/write, whichever it is.

Sylvie
11-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Okay, it turns out it wasn't an ISO file. Its an .img file. I'm assuming they can be read by a PSX as well, since ePSXe can load it?

Mirage
11-28-2006, 12:08 AM
The PSX doesn't read it as an img, bin, nrg, iso or whatever. Those are just different formats for storing the exact same information as a file.

Analogy: A program looks at the CD and finds out what's on it, then wraps the contents in a package which it calls game.img, then it puts that package in your storage area. Another program that recognizes the package of that kind then opens the package, and puts whatever is inside it back on a CD. If you move the package itself over to the CD, it won't work, because the PSX doesn't know how to open .img packages, or any packages for that matter. A computer program first needs to take the raw data which is inside the package and put that on the CD.
As long as you have a program that can open the image file, and then burn it, all is good.

Never try to burn the image to a CD as a file. You open the image with a computer program and then burn, you don't copy the file to the CD directly. If you end up seeing "game-name.img" when you look at your CD after burning, you've done it wrong.

Sylvie
11-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Now I see. So, I downloaded the program the Hsu suggested, (burnatonce), and from what I see, it can't read img files. I'm confused.

o_O
11-28-2006, 01:15 AM
I really like k3b on Linux.

For simplicity, I would go for Alcohol 120% on Windows. It is designed to rip and burn images, and can definitely handle .img files.

Your other option is to convert the .img file to something else like .iso and use burnatonce. Nero can convert between formats; You need to turn on "burn to hard disk image".
<a href="http://www.ezbsystems.com/enindex.html">Here</a> is a trial version of UltraISO which seems to ba able to convert, but I don't know how limited it is. I haven't used it. :p

Shlup
11-28-2006, 04:28 AM
Genji is teh banned so no help for him! ROAR!