PDA

View Full Version : A Read of Disappointment

Nominus Experse
11-27-2006, 09:49 PM
So what stories have done this to you?

theundeadhero
11-27-2006, 10:40 PM
That's on;y happened to me once and I can't seem to remember the name of the book. It was at least over four years ago.

kikimm
11-27-2006, 11:45 PM
The one I read most recently would be The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I thought it was going to be really poignant and all, but it turned out to be a load of fluff. Really dull. It wasn't SAYING anything, and that was disappointing. Just floating along.

BAH

Captain Maxx Power
11-28-2006, 10:52 AM
The previous two books before Knife of Dreams in the WoT saga were pretty much non-eventful with the huge exception of saidin being cleansed.

Rusty
11-28-2006, 01:07 PM
To Kill A Mockingbird. Scout ruined it for me.

Strider
11-28-2006, 01:30 PM
The DaVinci Code.

Suuuuuuuuucked.

Resha
11-30-2006, 05:44 PM
The one I read most recently would be The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I thought it was going to be really poignant and all, but it turned out to be a load of fluff. Really dull. It wasn't SAYING anything, and that was disappointing. Just floating along.

BAH

Yeah. I really didn't like that depressing pile of...depression. :/ Life is a vale of teeears, and Mitch Albom is hugely overrated at the bookstores imho.

Me, the most recent book that I've read and disliked (and this is a letting down in itself, I don't buy books unless I have expectations!) -- "Saving Fish From Drowning" by Amy Tan. It's...not nice.

Croyles
12-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Also The Catcher In The Rye. I also enjoyed the book, but Holden really started getting on my nerves.

A book that dissapointed me even more however, was the Wizard of Earthsea quartet, well, I only nearly finished the first book, but that was difficult enough. I could only ever read 20 minutes before falling asleep.

-N-
12-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Wow, I was so thinking Catcher in the Rye and how no one was going to say it but thank god someone else did.