PDA

View Full Version : Solo Marche (Revisited)

Cruise Control
11-28-2006, 12:10 AM
After getting hopelessly stuck on Adrammalech, I restarted. New play-through, new thread. I went straight for the Ninja class, no diversions.

Then I stopped to learn block arrows. I used it in subsequent missions extensively. I aced everything. I got my Angel Ring ASAP. And when the time came killed Montblanc in a jagd.

I had been doing dispatches, since I kept one member of each race. They were quickly becoming impossible, their levels were too low. So by killing Montblanc (level 6), the level of my recruits jumped to 12.

The key to defeating Adrammalech was a high-speed hunter. I ran around in circles, using Sidewinder. But now I'm having a VERY tough time with the Wanted mission that involves teh bounty on Marche.

There are several annoying things factored in.

1) The sage knows Reflex.
2) The Red Mage knows Return Magic
3) The Paladin knows Life
4) Stupid time mage is fond of Demi

The Red Mage absorbs fire, the time mage absorbs thunder. Theres a lot going on. My current abilities are below.
And I have combat combo.

Are there any reccomended loadouts, abilities I should learn, Blue Magics, etc?

[tr][td]Class[td]A-Abilities[td]R-Abilites[td]S-Abilities
[tr][td]Soldier[td]First Aid
Speed Break[td]N/A[td]N/A
[tr][td]Paladin[td]N/A[td]N/A[td]N/A
[tr][td]Fighter[td]Rush
Wild Swing
Beatdown
Blitz
Air Render
Far Fist
Air Blast
Backdraft[td]Bonecrusher
Strikeback[td]Doublehand
[tr][td]Thief[td]Steal: Shield
Steal: Access.
Steal: Gil[td]Counter[td]Maintenance
[tr][td]Ninja[td]Throw
Wood Veil
Fire Veil
Earth Veil
Metal Veil
Water Veil
Unspell
Oblivion[td]Last Haste[td]Double Sword
[tr][td]White Mage[td]Cure
Cura
Shell
Protect[td]N/A[td]MP Turbo
[tr][td]Black Mage[td]Fire
Fira
Firaga
Thunder
Thundara
Thundaga
Blizzard
Blizzara[td]Return Magic[td]N/A
[tr][TD]Illusionist[td]N/A[td]N/A[td]N/A
[tr][td]Blue Mage[td]Magic Hammer
Blowup
Twister
Matra Magic[td]Damage>MP[td]Immunity
Learning
[tr][td]Archer[td]Boost
Aim: Legs
Aim: Arm
Burial
Blackout[td]Block Arrows[td]N/A
[tr][TD]Hunter[td]N/A[td]N/A[td]N/A

Monster Hunt
11-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Ofcourse you can't do all of this because your doing a solo Marche but here's some points that may help:

That sage with reflex is nothing:
-Combos will hit no matter what- if you're going to go physically at him, that's the only way to go if you haven't disabled him yet.
-Reflex is useless against anything except 'fight'

Redmage:
-Return magic is no problem... don't do/use any magic- 'fight' her or use a skill/technique.
-She could have cure- destroy her second.

Paladin:
-Run at the paladin and KO him as fast as you can- don't let any one with life on the engagement alive.
-Paladins are short ranged- if you aren't confident of beating him with your characters, wait for him instead and prepare.

Time Mage-
- 1)Aim:Legs 2) Run to another opponent
OR
- 1)Aim:Arm 2)Kill
-Demi halves your HP. If he just does Demi with no interuptions, he can never kill you.

Some crappy advice:
-Archers could play a big role in this- abilities (including R ones) are disabled if aim:arm hits.
- If all else fails- it's telling you to level up.
-if the sage hasn't mastered reflex yet, learn steal:armour if you can and steal the mirage vest off him.

Cruise Control
11-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Well, I won. It was touch and go.

Marche Lv 23
Black Mage (Fire, Thunder, Blizzard)
White Mage (Cure, Cura, Shell, Protect)

Equipped with a Sleet Rod, Black Robe, Dash Boots, Magic Ring, and Angel Ring.

I equipped MP turbo, and blizzara was my attack of choice. I took them out in this order: Paladin, Red Mage, Time Mage, Fighter, Black Mage, Sage.

I'm gonna get some new abilities by fighting around for a while. Any ideas on what I should learn? I'll keep updating the chart.

Fireblade13
11-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Well I would say that the Paladin ability's would be useful for the defense ability but as you are going for a speedy maneuver then It would seem pointless. Illusionist could be worth grabbing an ability in as you can use your speed to rush around the board using illusions and using Hunter moves to Sidewind those who get to close.

Cruise Control
11-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Things are going well. I decided to forget levelling and go for it. Golden clock was pathetically easy. I used the same setup as teh previous mission (bur with a Firewheel Rod, since I mastered Blizzara). I got another angel ring in case mine gets stolen, AND a Nosada. Things are looking up!

EDIT: Double Sword mastered! I'm about to take on the desert patrol mission.

Cruise Control
11-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Mateus defeated. I'm doing the sigil missions while gaining MP to finish up Soldier. Then I'll start fighter class.

Of course, I'm about to stop, and start using potions on myself till I hit level 50. What do you think? Would that kill the challenge?

Morningstar
12-14-2006, 02:38 AM
Yes. Yes it would. :jess: You should use the potion method, but not until level 50. That would be too time-consuming and cheap, imho.

boys from the dwarf
12-19-2006, 08:25 AM
also, just leveling up with one class isn't a good thing because you only get the high stats that the job your leveling up in, has.

if you vary between things like, ninja, paladin and black mage, you'll have high and balanced stats.

Sam250
12-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Sam250, he restarted this: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=97561

Thanks!

I was just saying, in the other thread, that:

Ha, good luck, youll need it!

Developers should really support these insane ventures, like 'No Items' or 'No leveling up' quests. I mean, it seems a little pointless. Deveopers should give you some insanly powerful item for completing it.

Cruise Control
12-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Ability chart updated to reflect endgame. See first post.

Kay. Mateus was mildly difficult. Marche was taking 30 damage from 4 vampires, and Mateus. 150 damage per round. So, Marche was a Ninja, weilding a Charfire and a Nosada. Abilities were item (99 X-Potions), Magic>MP (roughly 72 MP), Double sword, Soldier Combo. I just focused on Mateus. When I was sorrounded by vampires, I threw weapons (I had purchased 10 Longenhreins since they were the strongest weapon in the shop).

Materite Now! was fairly standard. I can't remember any other storyline between Mateus and Clan Ritz, so they were easy. I just geared up as a fighter, and changed to Ninja, when I was about to level up.

Just before Clan Ritz, I had just finished learning double-hand. So after that, from now to end game, my loadout was as follows (changes between fights will be noted.) Laws for teh endgame were Hunt, Color Magic, Status.

Fighter Class
[tr][td]Equips[td]Abilities
[tr][td]Ayuvir Red[td]Fighter Tech
[tr][td]Ayuvir Blue[td]Item
[tr][td]Bone Plate[td]Counter
[tr][td]Angel-Ring[td]Double Sword
[tr][td]Fairy Shoes[td]Combat Combo

Clan Ritz
R-Ability was Damage>MP, so I took less damage while sneaking along the base of the cliff. When fighting Ritz, I moved left on the bottom (facing up, to reduce damage from attacks). When I got in range, I warped up to Ritz, and used Backdraft to knock her off a cliff. Owned.

Clan Llednar
R-Ability Strikeback. Removed Fairy shoes, and equipped Dash Boots. Enemies do 75 damage. With strike-back, I escaped practically unscathed. With dash boots, I reached Llednar in one turn. Attacked Llednar. Enemies tried to attack, held them off with Strike-Back. Hit Llednar once with counter. Took another tuurn, and finished him off.

Clan Remedi
R-Ability Counter. Stayed with Dash boots. Ignored Addramalech and Famfrit. Remedi did 120 a hit. But for some unknown reason, she couldn't hit me at all. Even with a 75% chance, and five rounds. Win.

Li-Grim
R-Ability is Laste Haste. Dash boots. Li-Grim only uses Ultima. Since I have good defense, it only did fifty. The real danger came from dual Mateus doing that attack for 105 damage. Each. I took them out one at a time, healed. Laste-Haste was essential, I woulda been too slow. I won at level 33.

[tr]Marche
Level: 33 Exp: 66
[tr][td]Base Stats (no equips)[td]Stats with Equips
[tr][td]HP: 247[td]HP:247
[tr][td]MP: 78[td]MP: 78
[tr][td]Move: 4[td]Move: 5
[tr][td]Jump: 2[td]Jump: 2
[tr][td]Evade: 45[td]Evade: 47
[tr][td]Weapon Atk: 347[td]Weapon Atk: 460
[tr][td]Weapon Def: 329[td]Weapon Def: 383
[tr][td]Magic Power: 304[td]Magic Atk: 304
[tr][td]Magic Res: 325[td]Magic Res: 343
[tr][td]Speed: 160[td]Speed: 162

It took me 50 Hours and 35 Minutes to do what was dismissed as impossible. Thanks to everybody for their support. <3

Skyblade
12-28-2006, 03:52 AM
It took me 50 Hours and 35 Minutes to do what was dismissed as impossible. Thanks to everybody for their support. <3

I didn't dismiss it as impossible, except for the dispatch missions.

Cruise Control
12-29-2006, 03:37 PM
That was in no way reffering to you. That was for the kids at GameFaqs.