PDA

View Full Version : I'm positively obsessed with Final Fantasy...

Peter_20
11-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Yes, I've finally admitted it to myself now: I'm obsessed with Final Fantasy.
Every day I play Final Fantasy for at least five hours, I write the sheet music for lots of FF songs (I'm pretty good at writing sheet music, so I choose random songs :cool:), I hum the melodies to myself, I play them on the guitar, I plague my parents with lots of compositions, and despite my telling them it's from the infamous video games, they're forced to admit they like the songs a lot.
I listen to the songs on my MP3 Player while sleeping, I try to get a perfect game in every FF game I own, I totally adore everything about Final Fantasy.
Whenever someone mentions the title, my eyes look all exalted, and the very name actually makes me feel a little better.
How crazy is that? :eek:

However, though I may seem helplessly obsessed, I'm NOT obsessed in a destructive way, mind you.
I don't forget about life important stuff like my family and my friends, and I do have other interests, like music, reading books, snowboarding etc.
I just seem to have developed a love for this series that probably surpasses that of most other FF fans.
This series is pure religion to me, what with the soundtrack, the Chocobos, Cid, the worlds, everything.
To tell you the truth, being obsessed without exaggerating too much is a very nice feeling. :D

Bolivar
11-28-2006, 08:12 PM
on my summer break I beat 4-8, playing a few hours a day, i was worried about going through withdrawl when i got back to college, but things are alright. it is easy to get drawn into, it's alot longer than most games and it's usually worth it.

Cezanzo
11-28-2006, 08:29 PM
My brother got me into FF games, and now I wont stop playing. I always listen to the music, and one time I woke up at 3:00 in the morning and played Final Fantasy 8 untill 6 :p . Yeah, I was really tired, but I did go back to sleep and slept in to like, noon. I even made up my own characters and my own FF game :love: .

BarelySeeAtAll
11-28-2006, 08:30 PM
im obsessed with Sephi, who wouldnt be?

feioncastor
11-29-2006, 02:54 AM
im obsessed with Sephi, who wouldnt be?

Many serious FF fans think that 7 was one of the worst entries, and many of them would credit that to Sephiroth.

I, on the other hand, like Sephiroth just fine. And FF7 is an excellent game, if you ask me.

Anyway, Peter_20, that's awesome. I'm quite obsessed myself. There are few entries that I don't like much (FFX, FFX-2) and one that I outright loathe (FF8), but for the most part, I could be totally happy playing and replaying the FF games I love until I die (while playing FF Tactics. I've already decided that this is how I'd like to go).

Materia Hunter Yuffie
11-29-2006, 03:53 AM
I'd have to say i'm pretty obsessed. If I hear the words "final" or "fantasy" at school my mind hops onto it. I've beaten IX, X, X-2 and i'm almost finished with VII and VIII then I'll move on to I, and II.
No, i'm not unhealthy obessed. I hang with my friends, boyfriend, family. I make sure to exercise too at least 30 min. 6 days a week. I always take Sat. off though.

Bunny
11-29-2006, 04:45 AM
I do not have an obsessive personality and have never been obsessed with anything in my entire life, much less a video game series. In truth, I don't really like the Final Fantasy series anymore. I think the games have decreased in quality since they were brought the the Playstation. That's just me though. Final Fantasy XII is looking promising so far, however, and I have yet to give up hope on it.

*shrug*

Congrats on being obsessed with a video game.

Dell
11-29-2006, 09:23 AM
I like FF games but not obsess.

Twilight Edge
11-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I could be more obsessed, but I don't have a PS2.

Laddy
11-29-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm pretty hardcore, but, maybe not OBSESSED. Yeah, I don't play for more than two hours a day on weekends, I usually only play for an hour.

SetoChaos
12-19-2006, 09:39 AM
When they come out I play for like 16 hours a day for the first few days , so year I'm obsessed :P

Little Blue
12-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Used to be obsessed I think. Not so much now. I just enjoy playing them.

grafik
12-19-2006, 06:38 PM
i just read that the average american watches 8 hours of tv a day...taking that into consideration, 5 hours a day playing ff isn't much. as long as you're not neglecting friends, family, school, and work to play there's nothing wrong with your obsession.

SetoChaos
12-19-2006, 08:04 PM
i just read that the average american watches 8 hours of tv a day...taking that into consideration, 5 hours a day playing ff isn't much. as long as you're not neglecting friends, family, school, and work to play there's nothing wrong with your obsession.

Very true, I hope no one does that here :P

Dragon Mage
12-21-2006, 01:57 AM
I could be more obsessed, but I don't have a PS2.

Hmm, same here.

I really like FF, but 'obsessed'.....Is playing once every...two weeks, maybe?....for 3 hours, considered obsession? My parents seem to think so. I might be more obsessed if I actually had a chance to play!!

SetoChaos
12-21-2006, 02:53 AM
I really like FF, but 'obsessed'.....Is playing once every...two weeks, maybe?....for 3 hours, considered obsession? My parents seem to think so. I might be more obsessed if I actually had a chance to play!!

Lol, you should tell your parents that there are people that play for much longet than that and actually are obsessed :P

Aemilius Blight
12-21-2006, 05:02 AM
Obsessions are never positive.

Dragon Mage
12-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Lol, you should tell your parents that there are people that play for much longet than that and actually are obsessed :P

They know that. They're just afraid that I'll be sucked into the *gasp* evil Play Station!!!!! They don't want me to get obssessed with playing games all the time, which is ridiculous. Oh and btw, I checked the calendar and found that I play only once every month (if I'm lucky) and that's for about 1 1/2 hours, max.

So you see I could be more into FF, not obsessed, but the chance of it happening is about.....never.

NeoCracker
12-23-2006, 07:25 AM
Here in Rigby I have very few options of things to do that include,

1) Smoke pot
2) Whore myself to horny people in the age groups12-17 and 50-80.
3) Become an Emo
4) Bowl
5) Become Addicted to Video Games and Anime.

For me the choice was obvious.