PDA

View Full Version : What happens during the fight against Palmer?

Peter_20
11-28-2006, 11:54 AM
There are a bunch of strange events that take place during the fight against Palmer.
First we got the Tiny Bronco that takes off by itself.
Who actually took of with it? :confused:
Nobody was there...?
Then we got the extremely hilarious scene when Palmer gets overrun by a truck.
Yeah, it's really funny, but where does the truck end up after the battle?
It's not present at all, and the truck-driver at least should've got out of the truck and checked what happened to Palmer; after all, you just don't run over people without checking how seriously they got hurt: that's, like, the most discourteous thing you can do.

Riana
11-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh my XD

I always wondered why the truck came when it did (maybe it was supplies from Shinra)?. I suppose it was just to add a bit of humour. But then it would have just been boring to have the same old...retreat speech. Like Rufus, Rude/Reno often would after beating them. So in the writer's case "Let's have Palmer get run over by a truck!"

Palmer asked for it he was slapping his arse at the party.

You have a point there about Tiny Bronco though...I'll need to play through it again. I was thinking Palmer started the engine got intterupted and that's when it took off?

remnant1
12-01-2006, 02:12 PM
yea i think thats what happens too.the truck may be a shinra apc or somthing.but dint it look alot like the truck everyone got in in the escape from midgar?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-01-2006, 02:39 PM
i don't think so, the truck that hits palmer is a big grey articulated lorry, whereas the one they escaped in was a small green truck.

if u luk at the backdrop of the fight they are in rocket town's town square (if u wanna call it that). so u hav to wonder how they got tiny bronco out ther. also i think this is why u can't see the truck after the batltle, cos it's in the square (maybe?)

Avarice-ness
12-01-2006, 02:42 PM
When a trucks late nothing will stop it, not even a large fat man slapping his rear.

But airplanes can start to drive off by themselves, it'd be like putting your car on neutral down a hill, the airplanes blade/fan/spinny thing was already going, apparently no one put it in 'park' :razz:

Bahamut2000X
12-01-2006, 06:23 PM
I always just thought it was done to be a humorous end to Palmer. Who I also assumed died after that as there's no mention of him ever again or appearance of him. At least none that I can recall.

Sefie1999AD
12-01-2006, 07:26 PM
I think Palmer was messing around with the Tiny Bronco before you fought him, so maybe that was why the Bronco suddenly took off? Palmer being hit by a truck was for comic purposes, but I don't think he died there since he is mentioned later in the game:

1) When Cait Sith said "Both Gya ha ha and Kya ha ha are up to something", Palmer was one of the Shinra people sitting there at the table.

2) During the Huge Materia quest in Rocket Town, someone says, "Seems like Palmer of Shinra Inc. ordered soldiers to restore the rocket..."

3) When the Rocket (Shinra no. 26) starts its countdown, Cid has a conversation with Palmer.

MJN SEIFER
12-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Palmer switched the Bronco on just as you arived and he had to fight you off, but as he already switched the plane on it started to move. And he had to stop fighting.

And the truck is a joke.

Bahamut2000X
12-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Wow it's been a while but I could of sworn you never herad any more about him after that fight. I always kind of ignored Palmer though because he was probably the most minor villian in the game. Besides I was too busy drooling over Hojo at Costa Del Sol, now he was a villian. >.>

MasterX
12-12-2006, 06:38 AM
Alrighty, people. I have an announcement. That truck was "imaginary". Lemme explain.

Realistically, that truck WOULD'NT have actually came by outside of the battle, therefore making it another of FFVII's adorable flaws. I have a theory of it being an "attack" designed for Palmer to be removed from the way so Cloud could climb on to the Tiny Bronco. That's all. Also, the area was too small for it to escape without causing tracks of its leave. Examples include smashed fence, a hole through Cid's house, and other notable differences in scenery. The truck's only contribution to the story was a hilarious way of offing Palmer.

As for the activation of the Tiny Bronco, Palmer could've secretly spun the propeller before engaging Cloud. Or, knowing Shinra Manufacturing, activated some switch that had a silent countdown before taking off. Explaining the physics of FFVII technology is illogical. You all should know that. But is excellent for debates.

Spatvark
12-12-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm pretty sure you find Palmer in the Junon bar later on in the game, drunk off his arse.