PDA

View Full Version : GF junctions

MedctnStn
11-28-2006, 05:08 PM
which GFs do you normally junction to your characters? I try and balance them out skill and ability wise, but so far unsuccessful. any one got any ideas?

PS. i'm new here and this is my first post. i have played FF8 for a while now as well as many of the others (FF7 and up as well as the original FF1 on my comp). so i was just going to say hi to everyone here.

jammi567
11-28-2006, 09:38 PM
I don't really care. just so long as they are junctioned and lerarning new abilities, that's what really matters, as it's what you junction to the GF that's important afterall.

TheSpoonyBard
11-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Squall – Ifrit, Carbuncle, Leviathan, Pandemona, Doomtrain, Bahamut
Add Aegis Armlet and Luck-J Scroll

Rinoa – Shiva, Siren, Diablos, Cactuar, Eden
Add Elemental Guard and Status Guard

Quistis – Quezacotl, Brothers, Cerberus, Alexander, Tonberry
Add Aegis Armlet and Luck-J Scroll

rubah
11-28-2006, 10:25 PM
I try to get everyone as many stat junctions as possible.

You only have three that start off with vit+ so that's where I start. Rinoa gets carbuncle if she's in the party, quistis gets quezacotl, and whoevers left gets the other one xD (shiva? I don't remember) There's a few different ways it can go down, and once in a while if I need to junction someone specially, they'll end up missing a certain stat (besides luck or evasion :P) but you can balance them really well.

Eventually I'll keep amnesiaing the terrible abilities out and adding good ones, and then it'll ge tto the point wher eyou only need one gf per character.

Rocket Edge
11-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Man i completely forget. I always use Ifrit on Squall during the end course of the game. In fact i always use the strongest GF's to suit Squall anyway. Half because i think he's the strongest & the other because he's my favourite character. Squall ftw.

Duncan
11-29-2006, 05:58 AM
I give one major elemental to each character (Fire, Lightning, Ice) then I give one non elemental to each character. (Bahamut, Cactaur, Diablos) One "support" to each (Cerberus, Carbuncle, Siren) And then as long as everone has a Status Defx4 I really don't care how they get divided up after that.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-29-2006, 10:33 AM
The party that i use on Lunatic Pandora as the following GFs junction:

Zell= Ifrit; Brothers; Leviathan; Cerberus and Bahamut

Squall= Quezacolt; Diablos; Pandemona; Cactuar and Tonberry

Selphie= Shiva; Siren; Carbuncle; Alexander; Doomtrain and Eden

MedctnStn
11-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Rinoa – Shiva, Siren, Diablos, Cactuar, Eden
Add Elemental Guard and Status Guard

how and where do you find or refine to get elemental and status guards?

TheSpoonyBard
11-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Doomtrain Card for 3 Status Guards, Selphie Card for 3 Elemental Guards.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-30-2006, 06:55 PM
I spread them out in terms of ability. And it's best to shuffle them around a bit since you'll be wanting to do that every time your party changes