PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent Help.

Dreddz
11-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Something is wrong with Bittorrent on my computer. I am able to download one file, but any other file I try to download fails to connect to the tracker. It says Cant Connect Tracker (10061). What do I do to fix this ?

Alastair|UK
11-28-2006, 07:53 PM
my advice would be to reinstall it i may be 13 but i know lots bout computers my master has TEACHEDEDDED me well (my dad)

JKTrix
11-28-2006, 08:11 PM
I doubt it's your computer that's screwy. That's how bit torrent works, it's a form of P2P. If someone isn't online with the file, you can't download it. The tracker is what the actual '.torrent' file uses to connect to the hub that tracks who is downloading the file, but if the tracker is moved, deleted, or otherwise inaccessable you won't be able to download from anyone else who has the file.

The only thing you can do is leave it until it 'fixes itself', if it ever does, or find a different torrent/download method.

Mirage
11-28-2006, 08:44 PM
10061 is Connection Refused. It means the computer you're trying to connect to actively refuses to let you connect. You may be banned, but there could be other reasons.

Roto13
11-28-2006, 09:16 PM
How's your ratio on this tracker? Maybe there's a limit to the number of active downloads you can have with that particular tracker.

o_O
11-29-2006, 01:56 AM
My guess is that the port you're connecting through has been blacklisted (which happens <i>very</i> frequently on common/default ports) by the tracker.
What is the app you're using to torrent?
Moreover, what is the port that you're using?