PDA

View Full Version : Worst...Movie...Ever...

Elite Lord Sigma
11-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Now, over the weekend, I had the displeasure of watching what I consider to be the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. It's called Dark Harvest 2: The Maize. It was randomly picked up out of my local Hollywood Video on a weekly video run, along with far superior titles.

Anyway, from the opening shots, I was able to tell instantly that the movie would suck. It looks exactly like something somebody would shoot as a home video, and the phrases, "low budget movie" and "B-grade movie" popped into my head.

There are so many ridiculous problems with it that I don't even know where to start. First of all, the cameraman needs to be shot in the face with a 12-gauge shotgun, because the camera was abysmal. You could literally see the leaves of the corn stalks sticking to the lens as the cameraman filmed the movie, in some scenes.

Also, the entire story is utterly predictable. It's a generic story involving a psychic guy named Shy who has a vision and goes to the local corn maze to save his two daughters from a killer. In other words, a generic cookie-cutter plot.

Also, there's this scarecrow guy with a scythe on the front of the DVD cover, but he didn't pop up once throughout the entire movie. Shy's daughters were both incredibly annoying, as well, screaming at literally EVERYTHING in their agitating, high-pitched voices.

Also, for some inexplicable reason, they seem to think a demon (who is painfully obviously a guy with a mask on) is real, and they run screaming from it. Later, this same guy jumps onto Shy, and Shy proceeds to throw him off of himself. When he exits the maze for a moment, the police start chasing him because he roughed the kid up a bit (which is hardly criminal, if at all). Then, he gets involved in some crazy scheme involving the killer murdering his two daughters (which is introduced into the story out of the blue).

Another problem are the parts which are just sheerly ridiculous. First of all, for some reason, they have a ripple effect on the screen which just served to make me want to snap the DVD in half and throw it off the Empire State Building even more whenever Shy had a vision, and it seems like three-quarters of the movie is spent watching Shy and his daughters run through the maze. Also, the first scene of the movie involves kids trick-or-treating...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKIN' DAY!!! Also, for some reason, during the scenes involving Shy's daughters, there's a red mist inexplicably surrounding them. Not to mention Shy stops for a Coke right after he sees the vision of his daughters getting killed. Who in their right mind would stop for a drink when their children are in danger?! Finally, the killer is able to kill two fully armed policeman (which you don't see die) with just a crowbar, which is unreasonably ridiculous, as the cops would probably have shot him in the face.

The movie is hardly scary at all, and there's no action at all. The fight scenes are pathetic (if you can call them actual fights), and are not worth watching (as is the rest of the movie). This movie makes the Blair Witch Project seem Oscar-worthy. I hate and loathe this movie with every molecule of my being, and it deserves to burn in the same layer of hell that Uwe Boll is going to. Avoid this at all costs.

Anyway, has anybody else ever watched movies they've hated from start to finish?

Madame Adequate
11-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Moulin Rouge. So badly shot I got a headache.

Roto13
11-28-2006, 08:47 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you all that overrated doesn't mean bad, and it certainly doesn't mean worst.

Proceed.

XxSephirothxX
11-28-2006, 08:52 PM
A friend and I actually had a tradition during our senior year of high school of getting some pizza and renting the worst looking movie we could find. Sometimes we struck gold, with absolutely hilarious films like Alien 3000 (which is just so awful you'll die laughing) and Santa's Slay (Goldberg as Santa = Win), but other times we weren't so lucky. Death Tunnel may have been the most horrible, unfunny and painful film I've ever seen.

You can tell if a movie will be good (bad) based on a few things, generally. Unrated is always a good sign, and if it comes from Lion's Gate, you know it's probably some quality rubbish.

Miriel
11-28-2006, 08:55 PM
The Legend of Zorro

I mean it was just SO bad! Like, actually physically cringing, yikes I can't even look at this, BAD. *shudders*

Burtsplurt
11-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Plan 9 From Outer Space. It's just a pity it's so hilarious. When one of the stars died after filming two scenes as a vampire, the director just decided to get in someone else. That someone else was about a foot taller than the original actor, and considerably slimmer. He spends the rest of the film trying to hide his face with his cape.

Then there's a policeman who nonchalantly scratches his an itch on his head with the barrel of a gun, the amazing continuity errors (day and night are pretty much interchangeable), the completely pointless "Plan" (I still haven't figured out what it is - no wonder the first 8 failed), the production values (a graveyard with cardboard cutout gravestones - actors kick them over with alarming regularity), the dialogue ("Future events such as these will affect you in the future." Really?)...

I won't go on, but check it out!

Shoeberto
11-28-2006, 10:43 PM
and Santa's Slay (Goldberg as Santa = Win)
My friends have been wanting to watch that one for a while now. That and Vampiyaz. It has Treach!

I generally don't watch films that I go into knowing I won't like. The worst I can remember just flat out not liking were Shallow Hal and Boogeyman.

Shiny
11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
House of the Dead. Uwe Boll deserves the criticism for this piece of crap.

The Captain
11-28-2006, 10:49 PM
"Plan 9 From Outer Space. It's just a pity it's so hilarious. When one of the stars died after filming two scenes as a vampire, the director just decided to get in someone else. That someone else was about a foot taller than the original actor, and considerably slimmer. He spends the rest of the film trying to hide his face with his cape.

Then there's a policeman who nonchalantly scratches his an itch on his head with the barrel of a gun, the amazing continuity errors (day and night are pretty much interchangeable), the completely pointless "Plan" (I still haven't figured out what it is - no wonder the first 8 failed), the production values (a graveyard with cardboard cutout gravestones - actors kick them over with alarming regularity), the dialogue ("Future events such as these will affect you in the future." Really?)...

I won't go on, but check it out!"

Ironically, a good chunk of this is revisited in what I consider one of the GREATEST movies of all time: Ed Wood.

As for worst movie I've ever seen... Maybe 'Santa Claus Versus The Martians'.

Take care all.

Venom
11-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Date movie.

Jowy
11-28-2006, 10:53 PM
I've seen my fair share of terrible movies, but <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105643/>Troll 2</a> takes the cake.

Aside from the popcorn sex scene, Casio keyboard synthesized soundtrack, and goblins who look like they were rejected from Jim Henson's Creature Shop, it also features what could be construed as the worst idea for a weapon to defeat the "monsters" ever. Eating a goddamn sandwich apparently is the be-all-end-all when it comes to goblins.

Sitting through this without at least chuckling is an impossibility.

Dr Unne
11-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Dune. I've really tried to like it. I've tried many times to watch it. I've never gotten past the first half hour, so I can't say I hate it from start to finish, but I hate it from start to the point where I turn it off to make the pain stop.

Anaisa
11-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Miracle on 34th street. Or the wedding planner. Neither of those films were my choice to watch in the first place I hasten to add.

Riana
11-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Ugh...

'Deep Rising' - it had a good tension, good build up. Climax was absolute rubbish!

'Aeon Flux' - Pointless story. Nothing flowed.

'Dragon Inn' - Action was pretty good, but it's all in the desert. :/

Martyr
11-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Ya'll have seen some pretty bad stuff.

The worst movie I've ever seen is probably Mortal Kombat.

Or, if it counts, Puma Man. (It might not count because I watched it through MST3K)

Bloodline666
11-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Any movie directed by Uwe Boll. After about five minutes of being subjected to that crap countless times, I just said, "screw that movie. It sucks."

Roto13
11-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Miracle on 34th street.

The old one or the newer one?

I hate Scary Movie with every ounce of life in my body.

Rocket Edge
11-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Son of the Mask, or Saw. SOTM is ranked #19 on the worst movies of all time. For the full list check out this link of IMDB's.

> http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

Laddy
11-29-2006, 12:07 AM
CRAPPY FILMS! Oh my god, anything with Paris Hilton or "fight" scenes with....... pumpkins. Really, both of them apply to at least one movie, the Paris Hilton one is easy *cough* House of Wax! *cough* But, really, one movie was SO bad, it actually had a fight scene, with both people had guns and knives, they both brought out pumpkins and starting hitting each other with it. CRAPPY FLIMS!

Craig
11-29-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and say Ninja the Protector. Although I do love it for its name.

Shoeberto
11-29-2006, 12:19 AM
I've seen my fair share of terrible movies, but <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105643/>Troll 2</a> takes the cake.
Nilbog.
How yttiw.

Slothy
11-29-2006, 12:52 AM
No one can claim to have seen the worst movie ever unless they've seen Gymkata. Seriously, some movies are so bad they're funny. Not even when I was really drunk was this remotely entertaining. I had more fun slapping myself in the face later that night.

Riana
11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Saw

If you don't mind me asking, what was wrong with 'Saw'?

Shine On...
11-29-2006, 02:37 AM
Oh, the worst movie ever is called 'The Zodiac Killer'.

Its not even shot with a real camera, on the end credits it says "This movie has been filmed on Sony Handicams". The Acting is terrible and just everything about it is Hilarious. Go rent it with some friends...NOW! If someone else on this site has seen it, please, make fun.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
11-29-2006, 03:57 AM
Brokeback Mountain...
most wasted 2 hours of my life. No I'm not trying to start something against gays, but that movie bored me to death.
V for Vendetta
that movie was also extremely boring...

Se-davvero-esiste
11-29-2006, 04:24 AM
Another really bad one is Troll 2...and of course, Manos: The Hands of Fate. Dead and Breakfast is really terrible too.

Also, anything with Charlie Chaplin is really bad...I dunno, just something about black and white movies that piss me off.

Wolf Kanno
11-29-2006, 08:11 AM
What about Double Dragon? That was not even funny to be honest. You literally spend most of the movie trying to remember the plot to the game. (hint: there is no real plot to DD)

It's A Beautiful Life, I despise sappy, feel good movies. I also hate Jimmy Stewart.

Boy's Don't Cry, Like Materia Hunter Yuffie, I don't have anything against gays or lebians or even transexuals, but damn... Boring and depressing. Watch this if you need motivation to kill yourself, it is THAT depressing.

Duncan
11-29-2006, 08:31 AM
The Mad Butcher (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067799/)

My friends and I rented this movie in high school, it was entertaining but in a bad way.

Millia Billia
11-29-2006, 09:07 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Gigli_%28poster%29.jpg

Paro
11-29-2006, 09:35 AM
The Note Book

Rusty
11-29-2006, 01:51 PM
I almost walked out of Scary Movie 4. I fail to see what the appeal is with these movies. It was so awful I just wanted to close my eyes and disappear.

Shaun
11-29-2006, 01:57 PM
I agree, Scary Movie 4 was balls. But for the love of God, never see the movie adaption of House of the Dead.

Bunny
11-29-2006, 02:08 PM
I couldn't label one movie as the worst of all time. However, when I think of bad movies, Jarhead comes to mind. Boooooo-ring.

Anaisa
11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Miracle on 34th street.

The old one or the newer one?

I hate Scary Movie with every ounce of life in my body.
I didn't know there was more than one! Til now. Apparently though there are several. This is the one I was unfortunate enough to see: The 1994 version. This remake had a more serious tone than the original and added a subtext concerning religious faith.

Araciel
11-30-2006, 01:08 AM
dungeons and dragons...

horrible if you've never played the game

REALLY horrible if you like the game

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Fight Club Anything with Brad Pitt

K-chan
11-30-2006, 07:47 PM
V for Vendetta
that movie was also extremely boring...

I dunno, I liked it. : ) Some of the political junk they threw it there got a little tedius, but overall I thought it was good.

Eugh, I hated 'Gone with the Wind'. Far too long, and Scarlet O'hara was the most annoying female character in existance. >> The only redeeming factor was the famous ending line: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

look_out_below
11-30-2006, 08:00 PM
I have seen a lot of bad movies. Well lets just say any film featuring Ashton Kutcher. Battlefield Earth and Cursed were also bad movies, but were so bad that they actually became funny. The worst movie i have ever seen was The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies . Yes this is an actual movie and it was also a musical. The only reason to watch this movie is so you can go up to friends and say "I saw the movie The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies" and see the blank, confused, and prehaps frightened experssions on your friends' faces afterwards.

RoxasLeonhart
11-30-2006, 08:11 PM
resident evil 1and2 because they did not follow the game

Mr. Mojo Risin
12-04-2006, 04:30 AM
Three Ninjas: Kickback

Air Bud: Golden Receiver

And that movie with Travolta where he's a space wilderbeast thing enslaving the human race or sumthing like that.

steve the pirate
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
no, the worst movie ever is Pinata island. even the name sounds bad. basically almost everyone is killed by a 3 foot tall demon pinata. it has red eyes too.

Shauna
12-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Ultraviolet (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370032/)

I've probably seen one worse than this, but I've seen this most recently. xD It's so bad. It doesn't even make sense! In fact, it was so terrible, I was laughing almost all the way through it. You'd really have to see this film, to appreciate how truly terrible it is. xD

Rantz
12-04-2006, 06:10 PM
The worst full length movies I can think of right now are "Little Man", "White Chicks" and "Date Movie".

Timerk
12-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Daredevil.

exit60b
12-04-2006, 06:37 PM
House of the Dead. Uwe Boll deserves the criticism for this piece of crap.

i COMPLETELY agree. i was cringing the entire time.

MJN SEIFER
12-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Brokeback Mountain...
most wasted 2 hours of my life. No I'm not trying to start something against gays, but that movie bored me to death...

I've not scene it, a mate of mine describes it in it's entirty thusly.

No Story, No Story, No Story, No Story, No Story, No Story, No Story, No Story, No Story, No Story, Gay Sex, No Story, No Story, No Story, No Story.

Its it really as bad as that?

The Unknown Guru
12-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Anything my sister likes. Mostly predictable, low-budget, badly acted Disney crap.

Wolf Kanno
12-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Any major animated Disney film that has a number in the title. While we're discussing animated films I loved as a child being raped for profit, The Land Before Time 2- infinity that they keep making. And each one is worse than the last so be grateful you were not forced to watch them like I was. My theory is that they keep making them to see if they can find new ways to make it worse than the previous entry. ;)

MJN SEIFER
12-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Land Before Time wasn't Disney, and I must stress it was my favorite film.

aquatius
12-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Basic. There is not 1 shred of plot in that film that makes sense or is "Basic." It's confusing, boring and all around, generally crappy.

Necronopticous
12-05-2006, 08:13 PM
<A href="http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=604&item=0"><B>This</B></A> is sure to be the worst movie ever made, there is no logical way you can argue otherwise.

Ender
12-05-2006, 08:46 PM
I went through a several month period watching the following horrible movies that pretty much ended my going to theatres:

Van Helsing - one redeeming point: Kate Beckinsale

The Matrix: Revolutions - for a movie about human existance, nothing about this movie contributed positively to it in real life. A horrible waste of a great concept.

Timeline - fun read, a terrible joke of a movie

edczxcvbnm
12-05-2006, 09:06 PM
<A href="http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=604&item=0"><B>This</B></A> is sure to be the worst movie ever made, there is no logical way you can argue otherwise.

That movie will rule the underworld went it hits. Satan will be like ":skull::skull::skull::skull:! I can't compete with that kind of evil."

nik0tine
12-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Gigli was pretty was pretty fucking aweful.

Wolf Kanno
12-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Land Before Time wasn't Disney, and I must stress it was my favorite film.

Sorry, I should have made that more clear. I know it's not Disney, I fixed my post so it would be less confusing.

MJN SEIFER
12-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Oh Ok, sorry.

I have already seen a lot of people confuse it for a disney film so I jumped to conclusions. (The same thing Keeps happening with "Somwhere Out There" which is another of my favourite films)

As much as I like Land Before Time BTW, I am not a huge fan of it's sequalls so I undetand your point.

Rusty
12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Ultraviolet (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370032/)

I've probably seen one worse than this, but I've seen this most recently. xD It's so bad. It doesn't even make sense! In fact, it was so terrible, I was laughing almost all the way through it. You'd really have to see this film, to appreciate how truly terrible it is. xD

I watched that! It was so awful. It was painful to watch.

Peter_20
12-06-2006, 01:11 PM
The worst movie I've ever seen is Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.
Sad but true. :(

A former high school classmate of mine used to speak to the whole class about some movie that was all about "an evil elevator"; that also sounds kinda crappy. XD

Rocket Edge
12-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Saw

I guess it was just not my type of film. I left the cinema feeling a little angry, because: (a) It was a terrible movie, & (b) the ending made me feel furious. There was absolutely no point to the movie. And some people say it's original? Lets watch people die horribly. Yeah, original. :rolleyes2

GooeyToast
12-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Fight Club Anything with Brad Pitt

Oh please. Even if you don't like Fight Club, you can't say it's the worst movie ever. And Brad Pitt is a good actor.

VengefulRonin
12-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Saw

I guess it was just not my type of film. I left the cinema feeling a little, because: (a) It was a terrible movie, & (b) the ending made me feel furious. There was absolutely no point to the movie. And some people say it's original? Lets watch people die horribly. Yeah, original. :rolleyes2

Finally, someone who doesnt think the Saw movies are pwnage. Second one is no better and i'm not bothering with the third.

But the movie Hostel is probably one of the most craptacular movies i've ever seen. The first half of it is nothing more than three obnoxious perverts traveling across europe on a sex hunt, and the second half is a wanna-be gore fest that is hardly gorey at all, and moreover, is pretty friggin fake in one part. I'd describe it but i dont want to think on this movie anymore than i have to.

Dreddz
12-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Showgirls.

fantasyjunkie
12-10-2006, 03:38 AM
No one can claim to have seen the worst movie ever unless they've seen Gymkata. Seriously, some movies are so bad they're funny. Not even when I was really drunk was this remotely entertaining. I had more fun slapping myself in the face later that night.

Oh, that movie was just horrible...horrible. I'll never forget that gymnist bar in the middle of the street that just happened to be there for him to use to kick all those people.

Slothy
12-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Oh, that movie was just horrible...horrible. I'll never forget that gymnist bar in the middle of the street that just happened to be there for him to use to kick all those people.

Don't even get me started on that. Glad to know I'm not the only person in the world who's known the horror that is this movie.

Yar
12-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Many movies today suck, but I have only stopped watching two movies mid-flick.

The Day After Tomorrow - This "movie" is so stupid. Tired of seeing all of the 'disaters' and no story. I knew it would really suck. When the film began to become overly cliché and redundant, that is when I left the room.

FF:SW - I rented it, watched it for about 20 minutes, became angry, ejected the tape and returned in all in one hour. Horrible.

I Took the Red Pill
12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo...:monster: