PDA

View Full Version : how you remind me

BarelySeeAtAll
11-28-2006, 09:12 PM
who loves nickelback?
i do, but what do you class them as, pop-rock and that sort of thing?i dont know what to class them as, and it annoys me.
Chad Kroeger is an amazing singer to be honest, anyone else agreeing with me?
whats your fave song of theirs?mine definitely has to be too bad, loving it

Bunny
11-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Pop-rock, yes. Although I have never been exceptional at putting bands into different genres.

And no, I don't like them. I think every one of the songs I have heard sounds exactly like the last one. Kinda boring.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Pop-rock, yes. Although I have never been exceptional at putting bands into different genres.

And no, I don't like them. I think every one of the songs I have heard sounds exactly like the last one. Kinda boring.

thats abit true, although have you heard too bad?not very much like any others i have heard

Vivisteiner
11-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Havnt heard that much of them, but 'how you remind me' is a great song.

Yuffie The Failure
11-28-2006, 09:26 PM
I <3 them. I love their song, Savin me =D

Riana
11-28-2006, 10:32 PM
I like Nickelback. Especially 'How you remind me' and 'Someday'.

'Hero' is good too, but that was partly sung by Chad Kroger (the lead vocals?), which doesn't really count.

Millia Billia
11-29-2006, 09:09 AM
I didn't mind them at first, but every song I've heard by them now sounds nearly identical to the last, so they've become nothing more than annoying to me.

Paro
11-29-2006, 09:25 AM
I met them several times and i can tell you that Chad Turton is a goof. He thinks he's "too cool for school". The rest of the band is chill though.

How You Remind Me of Someday is good song:D

chaos_ghost
11-29-2006, 10:47 PM
For those of you who say all there songs sound alike, you shoudl listen to songs like Too Bad, Saturday Night's Alright, Animals, If Everyone Cared, Next Contestant, Rockstar, and Someone That Your With. These songs don't sound like your average Nickelback song and are pretty good.

And I love Nickelback.

Gullick
11-29-2006, 10:56 PM
I used to hate them a few years ago. now i thier like one of my fav bands <3. and yea, propably pop/rock

-Gull-

Millia Billia
11-29-2006, 11:01 PM
For those of you who say all there songs sound alike, you shoudl listen to songs like Too Bad, Saturday Night's Alright, Animals, If Everyone Cared, Next Contestant, Rockstar, and Someone That Your With. These songs don't sound like your average Nickelback song and are pretty good.

And I love Nickelback.
I've listened to their entire Silver Side Up CD (I think that's what it's called), and I remember specifically that "Too Bad" was on there. It sounds just like every other song on the CD.

chaos_ghost
11-29-2006, 11:05 PM

And I love Nickelback.
I've listened to their entire Silver Side Up CD (I think that's what it's called), and I remember specifically that "Too Bad" was on there. It sounds just like every other song on the CD.

Don't listen to Silver Side Up, try listening to All the Right Reasons. 5 out of the 7 songs I named are off All the Right Reasons.

Araciel
11-29-2006, 11:09 PM
saturday night is a cover....i like far away and savin me. i do think a lot of their sound is the same but thats what makes them a band. as a band i don't think they have a lot of staying power but they're alright...never heard them live though

plus they is canadian which can be a point of pride or dismay

Leeza
11-30-2006, 12:58 AM
I like Nickelback, but I can't pick just one favourite song. Although <i>How You Remind Me</i> is definitely one of them. :)

Araciel
11-30-2006, 01:00 AM
oops forgot to comment on the title of the thread...

how you remind me was good when it first came out...but it got played so much that year (can't rightly remember which year) that i can't stand it anymore...and yes i know all the words :cry:

Ryth
11-30-2006, 01:06 AM
This band makes me cringe. I hate them with a burning passion.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-30-2006, 08:58 PM
i dint think too bad was like any of their other songs, and i have to admit, i hated good times gone, i hate it...

Breine
12-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I'd classify them as a Pop-rock-ish kind of band.

When they first came out I thought they were okay, but now I find myself really disliking them. It's the same with 3 Doors Down - except I've never really liked them.

Rusty
12-02-2006, 02:16 PM
I really enjoy listening to them. They're a great band, probably under-rated a bit. One of my favourites is: How You Remind Me.

NeoCracker
12-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Savin me is their best one. IT rocks hard.

Roto13
12-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Ugh. They're terrible. They're way too dramatic. Every damned song sounds the same. For years I thought the radio was just playing the same single over and over again and I'm not even kidding. It wasn't a good song 7 years ago, it's not good now.

Mr. Graves
12-02-2006, 11:49 PM
I don't like them anymore, and haven't for quite a long while. I heard "Old Enough" about five years back when it was new, and even bought their debut album. (This was a year prior to "How You Remind Me" saturating the airwaves.) It was alright, although "Old Enough" soon got old for me and that was the only reason I had that CD at all, and the rest of the album ranged from pretty good to painfully average. All of the output that I've heard isn't nearly as good, and seeing as my musical tastes have matured greatly since then, I can safely say I'll probably never consider purchasing/burning any of their music. Ever.

There's a site on the Internet where you can hear "How You Remind Me" on one speaker and "Someday" on the other. It's quite funny, because there is only subtle differences between the two, like the singing. <A HREF="http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=1966">Ah, here it is.</A>

Roto13
12-03-2006, 03:18 AM
That... is the best web page I've ever seen.

Chemical
12-03-2006, 03:35 AM
I'm ashamed to be from the same country as them.
Every song sounds the same to me.

Leeza
12-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I don't see what's so wrong with that if I happen to like the sound. And I love that link. Two of my favourite songs at the same time. :)

I'm also from the same country. Same province as well, I believe. :)