PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Seat

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2006, 11:48 PM
This was inspired by "We all live in TeePees."

Do you Girls get annoyed by toilet seats being left up?
Do you Guys leave them up?

...and on that note...

Do you have a person in your household who is just SO lazy, they don't even put the seat up to begin with and make a mess?
ehem.
"If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie wipe the seatie."
This is what goes on in my house x.x

Rye
11-28-2006, 11:49 PM
The house is half guys, but I've never seen the toilet seat left up before, so can't say it's a problem here.

Jigsaw
11-28-2006, 11:50 PM
I always put the seat back down, I mean if ladies are polite enough to keep their "toiletries" out of sight, I'll try to return the favor!

Mitch
11-28-2006, 11:51 PM
I get mad when the toilet seat isn't covered by beautiful women

Jowy
11-28-2006, 11:51 PM
I've lived with or around females all my life, so I'm used to the common courtesy of putting the seat down.

Jess
11-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Although the toilet seat is always put back down by the males in my house, if it wasn't it wouldn't make me angry, I'd just put it back down again. It only takes the whole of two seconds. :jess:

oddler
11-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Putting the seat down is not a rule. If a guy MUST put the seat up, then a gal should recipricate. The unspoken rule of lifting the seat is a rule that I do not entirely agree with, also. If he has any aim whatsoever, you shouldn't be finding/feeling any mishaps. :rolleyes2

kikimm
11-29-2006, 12:16 AM
I have to put it down all the time. And I really do not give a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. I don't understand why some people make such a big deal out of it. The only thing that makes me mad is when there's piss all over the seat and, occasionally, the floor. ffs AIM or something. Christ.

Nasty.

Shlup
11-29-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm still trying to convince my husband that putting the toilet seat down when he's done is just plain polite. We both generally put the lid down too though.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-29-2006, 12:18 AM
I always put the seat down after I use it. Or at least I think I do...

Yamaneko
11-29-2006, 12:19 AM
How is it impolite to leave it up?

Meat Puppet
11-29-2006, 12:20 AM
I always put it down. I get in trouble for this, because only males live here.

Shlup
11-29-2006, 12:20 AM
How is it impolite to leave it up?

If someone has left it up then I have to touch it next time I have to potty. It's icky.

Yamaneko
11-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah, and we have to touch where your ass has been when we need to piss.

Miriel
11-29-2006, 12:26 AM
My boyfriend leaves up the seat like 100% of the time. But it is his apartment, so it's not like I really mind and I never say anything about it. It only takes a second to plop it back down.

Rocket Edge
11-29-2006, 12:27 AM
I have to put it up after the girls use it, and i leave it up when i use it. It's all a beautiful circle really.

Roto13
11-29-2006, 12:33 AM
I always leave it up, eagerly awaiting the day when a woman falls into my toilet.

Riana
11-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Well think about it, how should a toilet be presented? Was it not originally with the seat down?

Being a female I always leave it down after use. It does quiet vex me when males can't do the same. It's tolerable but...still it would be nice.

oddler
11-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Who says we have to put it up? I don't understand. :(

41-Inches-Wide
11-29-2006, 01:06 AM
WE REALLY DON'T HAVE A TOILET SEAT.

RiseToFall
11-29-2006, 01:12 AM
If guys can put it up, girls can put it down.

yumi
11-29-2006, 01:26 AM
I live with all girls so it's not really an issue for me. Back home living with 2 girls has trained my brother well. I guess i'm spoilt in the toilet seat department

black orb
11-29-2006, 01:37 AM
>>> Girls are way too picky..

fire_of_avalon
11-29-2006, 01:38 AM
You should all close the lid because of the splash back from flushing. Always.

I only request that no man leaves it up at night or when I'm drinking. Bad things will happen, and you'll have to come rescue me.

Evastio
11-29-2006, 02:00 AM
I keep it up because it's hard to tell whether a guy or girl will use it next.

This reminds me of my "Toilet Cleaner Abuse (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=90610)" thread.

rubah
11-29-2006, 02:12 AM
Guys sit on toilets sometimes, but girls don't use it when the lid is up, as far as I'm aware.

shlup's point is best; I don't want to get my hand next to yucky boypee :(

We had a big row in band over this three or four years ago.

Apparently some chick had left a pad or something in the floor? (I don't remember exactly) and the guys would never put the seat up. We separated into genders and had a talking to by senior members and then our dumb sexist band directors decreed that the band toilet must be kept clear of period supplies and that as men, they didn't feel they needed to put the seat down, so it was very demeaning for the women!

Also, men are supposed to be courteous.

I'm going to practice peeing standingup and just spite you guys anyways that leave the seat up. Or maybe I won['t practice and spite you anyways, and then you'll have to clean it up!

Bunny
11-29-2006, 02:24 AM
I live in, basically, a six bedroom and one bathroom apartment. There are three toilets and one urinal, four sinks and four showers. Aside from myself, there are eleven other guys.

I put the seat down everytime I use the toilet.

oddler
11-29-2006, 02:40 AM
I never even lift it. I don't understand this debate because it barely has relevance. The seat should never be lifted. Double you tee eff, mate?

Mirage
11-29-2006, 02:40 AM
I would imagine girls get about as annoyed for having it to put it down, as the guys get for having to put it up.

Bunny
11-29-2006, 02:41 AM
Have we honestly become so lazy that the simple act of moving a toilet seat up and down is enough to annoy a person?

Honestly.

Shlup
11-29-2006, 02:48 AM

And you're complaining because...?

11-29-2006, 02:50 AM

And you're complaining because...?

Girls have kooties!

Shlup
11-29-2006, 02:50 AM
Slander!

11-29-2006, 02:52 AM
I only speak the truth!

Girls have kooties and they are scary!

fire_of_avalon
11-29-2006, 03:56 AM
Slander!

*slap* YOU KNOW THAT PRINTED DEFAMATION IS LIBEL, WOMAN. *slaps more*

Martyr
11-29-2006, 04:03 AM
This is, perhaps, the most ridiculous topic in the book of manners.

Women complain about it. I don't care one way or another.

Of course I put the stupid thing down.

oddler
11-29-2006, 04:14 AM
But why would you put it down when it should never be up?

Shlup
11-29-2006, 04:21 AM
Slander!

Assault!

Yuffie514
11-29-2006, 04:21 AM
both my dad and brother are like that, but i get used to it...

Reles
11-29-2006, 04:22 AM
The only times it makes me mad is when I get up in the middle of the night and my perception is way off and I try to sit down, but the seat isn't down and I practically fall into the toliet. ;-;

Martyr
11-29-2006, 04:24 AM
But why would you put it down when it should never be up?

Look, us guys, we lead busy lives. And even if we don't, we think we do.
There just isn't enough time to always be unbuckling our belts, pulling our pants down, making sure our clothes don't touch the disgusting bathroom floor, covering the toilet seat with toilet paper to prevent germs, cautiously sitting down, fearful of every chill that may indicate a section of the seat left uncovered, just to piss.

Screw that.

I'll life the seat, aim, fire, and then drop it down again.

Jebus
11-29-2006, 04:25 AM
I put the seat up when I use it, I expect they can make the same effort to put it down when they use it.

-edit- Actually, it'd be less effort, as gravity reduces the amount of force needed.

Shlup
11-29-2006, 04:47 AM
I put the seat up when I use it, I expect they can make the same effort to put it down when they use it.

-edit- Actually, it'd be less effort, as gravity reduces the amount of force needed.

My argument there is that you use the toilet seat in both it's up and down states. Females only use the down state. Asking us to touch the toilet seat when we have nothing to do with it being up is not polite.

Bunny
11-29-2006, 04:50 AM
Get a stick. You could name it "Toilet Seat Stick". Then you don't have to touch the toilet seat if a man leaves it up on accident or purpose! It is very practical.

Shlup
11-29-2006, 04:56 AM
Or the man could just be polite and return the seat to the original position when he's done.

Yamaneko
11-29-2006, 05:05 AM
Or you could not get in the man's way and go out back. :D

Khaotic
11-29-2006, 05:43 AM
Or the man could just be polite and return the seat to the original position when he's done.

You're treating men like slaves, its really not hard to take a swab of toilet paper and put it down. Everyone should be washing their hands by the time they walk out anyways, so I see no big deal for either sides.

Shlup
11-29-2006, 05:44 AM
You're treating men like slaves

That is the stupidest thing anyone has ever said ever.

XxSephirothxX
11-29-2006, 05:48 AM
:p Shlup.

At home, or someone else's house, I always make sure to put the seat down. Just courtesy that's I've been ingrained with. Here at school, though, where I live on an all-male floor, the thought never crosses my mind.

Yamaneko
11-29-2006, 05:55 AM

I wouldn't discount it from your perspective. I mean we haven't seen BJ is months. Who knows where you have him locked up!

black orb
11-29-2006, 06:02 AM
Get a stick. You could name it "Toilet Seat Stick". Then you don't have to touch the toilet seat if a man leaves it up on accident or purpose! It is very practical.
>>> Come on, we just evacuate urine not sulfuric acid..

Shlup
11-29-2006, 06:03 AM

I wouldn't discount it from your perspective. I mean we haven't seen BJ is months. Who knows where you have him locked up!

BJ's punishment has nothing to do with the toilet seat.

Khaotic
11-29-2006, 06:05 AM

Oh. Well, atleast I'm mature enough to put my peepee seat down.

Now go cook me some food, since, you're a woman afterall, and its polite to do so. You gotta pee, I gotta eat, I see no problems here.

LunarWeaver
11-29-2006, 06:09 AM
I usually put it down, but I leave it up at a friend's girlfriend's house because I hate her and it makes her mad and I enjoy seeing her suffer.

Shlup
11-29-2006, 06:10 AM
I'm glad you put your peepee seat down. Seeing as you're the one who puts it up.

Now go cook me some food, since, you're a woman afterall, and its polite to do so. You gotta pee, I gotta eat, I see no problems here.
I have no idea where you think you're going with this.

Eh, whatever, it's not that big a deal. It's just polite to return things to their original state, especially when not doing so inconveniences someone else. Even if it's something small.

Miriel
11-29-2006, 06:14 AM

Oh my god. That's like the funniest thing I read all day. Funnier than Jowy's little mix-up. :p

Khaotic
11-29-2006, 06:17 AM
I'm glad you put your peepee seat down. Seeing as you're the one who puts it up.

I have no idea where you think you're going with this.

Eh, whatever, it's not that big a deal. It's just polite to return things to their original state, especially when not doing so inconveniences someone else. Even if it's something small.

I wasn't going anywhere with it Mandy, you jumped on me about it when I was just teasing, more like personally insulted me, but whatever.

Anyways lets just drop it. :greenie:

Shlup
11-29-2006, 06:18 AM
I didn't say you were stupid.

BardTard
11-29-2006, 12:15 PM
There are no males in my house. Sometimes though my mom's boyfriend stays the night, and he's never left it up. I wouldn't care though, I'd just put it back down. It's not that big of a deal.

That reminds me though, my grandma flips out if someone leaves just the toilet lid up. In my opinion and my mom's, it's easier to just leave it up because what's the purpose in putitng it back down when you need to put it up to use the toilet? My grandma gets so angry when the toilet lid is left up.

Mirage
11-29-2006, 03:47 PM
>>> Come on, we just evacuate urine not sulfuric acid..
Yeah, what's with this obsession over germs and such in this thread? Omg, I sat where another guy sat 10 minutes ago! Omg, I have to touch something a man sat on! The germs! They're eating me!

Wash your hands. Problem solved.

Anaisa
11-29-2006, 03:59 PM
They should put the seat down. They lifted it up, they put it down. It's like not flushing after you've been to the toilet an thinking: "Oh well, the next person to use it can do it".

Madonna
11-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Slander!

Assault!Or was that [battery] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28crime%29)?

I always put the seat back down, at home, work, or on the go! I am pretty awesome, I know.

Chloe.
11-29-2006, 04:43 PM
I don't really care if it gets left up, it only takes about two seconds of my life to put it down. :bigsmile: But I do get annoyed when the men make a mess...and then I end up sitting on pee. :(

Quindiana Jones
11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
I hate it when people leave the toilet seat up. It's not that I'm a girl, it just looks uglier than when it's down.

Also, if you can't aim with it, just sit down. Everyone is entitled to the odd spillage, but...yeah you get my point. Wipe it up or sit down.

Drift
11-29-2006, 05:54 PM
i leave it up

Zante
11-29-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't put it up in the first place, but I see no reason not to leave it up if I did.

oddler
11-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Let's all never touch the toilet seat again. It must never be touched. Never. No lifting. Problem solved.
Please. Never. Lift. The. Seat.

Jessweeee♪
11-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Let's all never touch the toilet seat again. It must never be touched. Never. No lifting. Problem solved.

No. That's when little boys leave messes.

Araciel
11-29-2006, 10:42 PM
i grew up in a house with three women...so i always put it down...a friend of mine sits because apparently it's more sanitary...so he never has to worry about it...

one thing always irked me though...if i'm putting my bareass somewhere, i'm looking...so i would see the seat was not up and put it down.

Jessweeee♪
11-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Yes that's true.
but you should still put it down because:

We said so.

Leen-Leen
11-29-2006, 11:18 PM
I hate seeing the toilet seat up! My friends leave it up at their house and everytime I go to their house ... it just ... bothers me! So, obviously I put down every time. xP

Jessweeee♪
11-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Really? My friends come to MY house and leave it up!

Shlup
11-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Or was that [battery] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28crime%29)?

Isn't is assault if it's open-hand?

I hate it when people leave the toilet seat up. It's not that I'm a girl, it just looks uglier than when it's down.

That too. There's always splatter build up and pubes stuck under there. Nasty.

one thing always irked me though...if i'm putting my bareass somewhere, i'm looking...so i would see the seat was not up and put it down.

The ony time I've ever "fallen in" is one of the times where I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, stumble in with my eyes closed, and don't turn on the light. Having to open your eyes when you're sleepwalkingishthing sucks.

Araciel
11-30-2006, 12:22 AM
heheheh

yeah i still put it down no matter what...still a little estrogen in my coffee even though i don't live with women anymore.

"but you can imagine how it irritates me that girls don't put the the seat back up when they're done...i end up peein on the seat all the time"

Vikeve
11-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Sometimes my brother doesn't put it down that doesn't annoy me as much as when he doesn't flush the toilet. Thats just gross.

oddler
11-30-2006, 01:07 AM

No. That's when little boys leave messes.

Those little boys should grow up and learn to take control of their manhood. :p

Quindiana Jones
11-30-2006, 03:53 PM

That too. There's always splatter build up and pubes stuck under there. Nasty.

Oh yeah I forgot about all the pubeyness. Eurgh. I have lodgers in my house who are horrific. Not only do they not put the seat up, they piss all over it, pube it up big time, and then don't even flush the fucking thing! Dirty bastards. They're just asking for me to get them kicked out.

NorthernChaosGod
12-01-2006, 01:07 AM
I have my own bathroom attached to my room, the seat is always up. If girls come over, they have to put it back up when they are done.