PDA

View Full Version : The perfect save file.

Paro
11-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics is probably the game I've spent the most hours of my life playing. I have a save file somewhere that I don't think I quite finished, but it's close to being an "ultimate" file with all the items in the game. I think I was stuck working on getting the FS Bag, for which you have to breed a monster that doesn't normally exist in the game, and then poach it, which gives you only a %10 chance of getting it.
[!] / message [/!]

aerithsloveslave
11-29-2006, 12:55 PM
You must be very dedicated. The mere thought of stealing the entire Genji set, Defenders, Magic Guns, etc. has me pulling out my hair.

Paro
11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
it can be done though!

dodhungry
11-29-2006, 02:11 PM
I know I have mentioned this but it was a long time ago so I will say it again...I have an entire memory card dedicated to this game. Granted I only have about 10 games saved at one time but its still a whole memory card.

As for any one ultimate file...my main file consits of all lvl 99 characters Ramza all jobs mastered, and pretty much all the weapons and items. Now everytime I start a new file I think it will turn out better than that. Only problem is I never get that said file to lvl 99. So I have around 7 files that range from lvl 30-75. I will admit though my "ultimate" file is much much much better than the first time I ever went through....Everytime I go back and look at that party I just laugh.

BG-57
11-30-2006, 12:18 AM
I've come closest to the perfect save file as I'm ever likely to get:

1) Recruited all the non-generic units.

2) Level 99 for all units.

3) Mastered every job class for every character.

4) At least one of every item, including Escutcheon (II), Javelin (II), and the Genji set.

5) Suceeded in every proposition.

6) Won every Rare Treasure.

7) Explored every Unexplored Land.

8) Won every winnable Zodiac Stone (can't get Leo and Virgo until after the last battle, most likely).

9) Ramza learned Ultima.

10) Taught Zodiac to every human character. This was my biggest accomplishment this time around. :D

What I may never bother to do is maximizing my inventory of items. While it may be possible to get 99 Chaos Blades, I don't consider it necessary.

Wild0ne
12-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I missed a couple of items because I got exilirs instead of the items in Deep Dungeon. But I have 99 hours with the minutes still moving and I have all the non-generic players, as well as most of the jobs mastered for every character. Once you have equip sword for the Orlandu and Agrais, those two are easy to master every job!

VeloZer0
12-13-2006, 03:36 PM
In reality if you were going for the ultimate save file you would use god mode leveling up and down to get maximum of every stat for every character. Don't know who would do this, but just saying...

(For those of you who didn't know, I'm referring to de-leveling your characters in job classes with poor stat growth then re-leveling them in classes with good stat growth, several times)

As for me all I ever did was do all propositions and have all my characters at 99. Whenever I get the urge to play the game more I usually just end up starting a new game using different job combinations.

BG-57
12-14-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't think it's possible to raise every stat across the board with Level Down/Level Up; some can be raised at the expense of others. So 'ultimate' stats may depend on what you consider vital stats to have raised.

VeloZer0
12-14-2006, 02:08 AM
Regardless of what you prioritize it still takes a rediculous amount of time.

BG-57
12-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Agreed.

conan
01-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Just wondering then WildOne, you say you have a file with 99 hours, the minutes keep ticking past 59? Do the minutes and seconds rest back to 0, or do they stop at 59?

I missed a couple of items because I got exilirs instead of the items in Deep Dungeon. But I have 99 hours with the minutes still moving and I have all the non-generic players, as well as most of the jobs mastered for every character. Once you have equip sword for the Orlandu and Agrais, those two are easy to master every job!

BG-57
01-09-2007, 01:46 AM
The hours and minutes get locked at 99:59, while the seconds go from 00 to 59 then resets endlessly.