PDA

View Full Version : video game thrills and agonies

Paro
11-29-2006, 01:01 PM
what do you guys like to say to taunt someone when you're pwning someone in CS/TO/Halo/Doom/UT/Madden/NBA 2k3/Superdodgeball/Sega Tennis/War3-2-SC? wyur favorite jubilant celebrations? your most agonizing defeats? most improbable odds? most costly mistakes? most embarassing newbie-esque moments?

also, your fav/funniest video game vernacular? idioms? all ur base belongs to us-isms?

i had this friend named Jamie who always talked so much smack you'd get so angry you'd start making mistakes and lose. then he'd laugh about it and wouldn't stop. i'd kill anybody else but i couldn't kill Jamie because he was too good a friend. but once we were playing sega rally and he was ahead and wouldn't shut up and I got so angry I unplugged his controller towards the end of the race causing him to lose.

everyone laughed about it but in retrospect that was the lowest i've ever sunk in my life.

Yuffie514
12-05-2006, 07:53 AM
i threw a short temper after losing several rounds in a row on Super Bust-A-Move 2, while playing with a friend. colds can make anyone sleasy, so i knew it contributed to the part. i regret that that game went on the chopping board and got hacked. it was a good game, even though it was used and my brother bought it for me as a birthday gifts a few years back...

Riana
12-05-2006, 12:34 PM
If I've beaten someone I usually say something like;

"I rarsed your arse!"

Or if I feel really cheeky I'll blow them a kiss~

I'm a really good sport when it comes to losing. I mean it's not really the end of the world if you lose now is it?

Sure I admit I'll cry with despair like a really loud "Nooooo!" but that's as far as it goes. I can accept when a player is better than me.

What really gets to me are button bashers! :mad2: I mean that's a flukey way to win. They're not skilled...they're lucky.

JKTrix
12-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Button mashers are fun :P At least when you're playing a game that has appropriate 'anti-masher' options.

What I've started to do in fighting games is to try to learn a character's defensive system, so I know how to evade/counter certain types of attacks or patterns. This is easy to do against mashers, cuz they might hit you a couple of times, but if they keep doing the same thing you'll know which way to defend.

I was a master of Raphael's auto-evasions and special stances in Soul Calibur 2. Button mashers were my favourite prey when I played as Raphael, cuz then I could really show off.

One of the things I used to say back when I played Halo a lot, I would creep/run up to someone, and just when I either smack them or shoot them with a shotgun, I'd say "Tag, you're it".

Rase
12-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm not really a person who brags or trash-talks much when gaming. Usually me and my friends talk about different subjects and only occasionally makes comments about the game (usually something like "Nice!" or whatever).

As you would expect, this doesn't afford for many "jubilant celebrations", but my favorite win was probably when I beat my friend who I've never beat in Super Smash Bros. Melee in a 7-stock match. I'd been practicing with Falco for a while, as opposed to my usual Ganondorf, and I guess the change in my style was different enough to throw him off, since I won with 3 lives left. That fight was also were my "most embarassing newbie-esque moment" came from, since it was in Yoshi's Island and I used Falco's air Down+A not once, but twice above the middle blocks, killing myself. :(

As for improbable odds, we must go over to [I]Call of Duty: United Offensive[/I in Capture the Flag mode on Ponyri. I grabbed the Russian flag with no teammates around, killed five Russians in the process of escaping, then hopped in a jeep, drove off, and narrowly missed two Panzerfaust rockets as I made my escape. It was pretty sweet.

Odaisé Gaelach
12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
If I beat someone who's really difficult to beat, I usually say, "Yeah! Yee-haw! That's one victory to me, and three thousand two hundred and seventy five to you! Yeah! Suck on that!"

Vermachtnis
12-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I have tell-tell sign for when I'm about to try something, I yell "Hey check this out!"
When I do win I yell "Victory for me!"