PDA

View Full Version : Are you racist?

The Shoeless Hobo
11-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Are you racist towards certain races? Do you believe in white supremacy? I'm curious to know. Also, please post where you live.

I'll post my response later.

Flying Mullet
11-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I try not to be racist. I've caught myself thinking things that are racist, chastise myself, then work on removing those thought patterns from my head so it doesn't happen again.

I don't think anyone can be completely non-racist as racism stems from ignorance and no one completely understands all of the cultures and races of the world.

Edit: I'm in Texas.

Zeromus_X
11-29-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm pretty certain I'm not racist, and I definitely don't believe in white supremacy.

Arizona. :cat:

Dell
11-29-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm not. I treat any races equally except NANNY, Big Sister, bftd, Owen, TE, Aria, Lunar, Zero, BoB and that criminal, they get more love. :bigsmile: Wait, they're not a race. ;_;

I'm racist to NANNY MANUS. :bigsmile: Wait, he's not a race.

Shaun
11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I voted 'not anymore'. I'm hoping most people will choose at least that, if not 'no'. Many of us were brought up in schools where racism is encouraged. I was. Racist jokes everywhere. Most of the people on my road are racist too. I was probably racist long ago, but I very much regret it. I am now against all forms of prejudice, and will try and oppose anybody who uses it.

Resha
11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Well, no. I mean -- yeah, I have perceptions of races and stuff, but not necessarily in a negative way, nor is it to be supercilious or anything. And as for white supremacy...lawwwl. No. Just no. That stuff makes me angry. KKK makes me angry.

Bunny
11-29-2006, 02:01 PM
No. I hate all people equally. Regardless of skin color.

Martyr
11-29-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm probably not racist, but I'd say that I have a clearer idea of what people of many differences are like when they clash, and so I make a lot of racial decisions that many people, who don't live in such a colorful and multi-raced place as I do, wouldn't quite understand.

I'll say I'm racist for the sake of argument, since, even though I don't hate anybody on unfounded beliefs or because of some kind of ancient philosophy of hate, I do discriminate by race.

Maybe I'm discriminist? Prejudiced? Logical?

Twilight Edge
11-29-2006, 03:02 PM
I voted not anymore.

I used to be racist. But I'm now an open person.

What I hate are people who think I'm racist.

Mirage
11-29-2006, 03:05 PM
I've never discriminated anyone because of their race.
However, I've got little against racial jokes, and I probably do stereotype a bit, but that's not the same as racism. I don't care much when people joke about my own skin colour either, as long as it's obviously meant as a joke, and I assume people are joking about it unless I have reason to believe otherwise.

dodhungry
11-29-2006, 03:07 PM
I grew up in a all white town.
KKK holds rallies every year in front of the police station.
I would hate to say it but...im slightly racist but that is what I have grown up with.

Now that im in college there seems to be a TON of black folk (no offense) around here. I have come to realize that a lot of what I thought was wrong and stupid or even just pointless. But then again why pass up a chance to throw in a racist joke...

oh and yes I live in Arkansas...figures huh?

Rocket Edge
11-29-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm not. People are just people.

Breine
11-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Definitely not. I never have been and never will be.

Polaris
11-29-2006, 03:19 PM
No, but I loved the option "sometimes,, :D

Jess
11-29-2006, 03:21 PM
I voted no. My ex-boyfriend was black, so I know I'm definitely not racist. :)

However, I probably would chuckle at a racist joke (within reason, and not if it was directed at somebody!) but that doesn't make me racist. I find jokes about women funny too (again, within reason) and I am female!

I live in Essex, England. :jess:

edczxcvbnm
11-29-2006, 03:22 PM
I like to be funny so I am racist in the sense that Chris Rock or Carlos Mensea are racist.

Chloe.
11-29-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm not racist. :bigsmile:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-29-2006, 04:51 PM
I like to be funny so I am racist in the sense that Chris Rock or Carlos Mensea are racist.But Carlos Mencia isn't funny.

Christmas
11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Must be the Al bhed, everyone discriminate the Al Bhed. :(

Quindiana Jones
11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
No. I hate racists.

Heero Yuy NWZC
11-29-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm not racist and never will be.

Used to live in Texas. Now lives in Wyoming.

Anaisa
11-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Are you racist towards certain races? Do you believe in white supremacy? I'm curious to know. Also, please post where you live.

I'll post my response later.Your post actually appears racist. Since after asking if we're racist, you ask if we believe in white supremacy. As if only white people can be racist. I'm not racist. I live in England.

Sergeant Hartman
11-29-2006, 05:13 PM
There is no racial bigotry here!

edczxcvbnm
11-29-2006, 05:24 PM
I like to be funny so I am racist in the sense that Chris Rock or Carlos Mensea are racist.But Carlos Mencia isn't funny.

But I need a second Comedian. Notice that I could even spell his name correctly ;_;

Roto13
11-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Ignore Anasia. We all know asians are racists.

Heero Yuy NWZC
11-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Ignore Anasia. We all know asians are racists.

:eek: Liar liar pants on fire!

fire_of_avalon
11-29-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't really know how to vote. I observe a lot of things that people do, and I know they probably wouldn't do those things if they weren't of a certain race.

I would have to say that my perceptions of people are sometimes influenced by their race, but not in a negative, hateful way. And I don't believe in any type of supremacy. Well, except for me supremecy, but I'm pretty vain sometimes.

I should just vote sometimes for everything,

Yamaneko
11-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Some people would probably label me genetically racist because I do believe that the slight genetic differences between different cultured groups is important for certain scientific studies, like prescription drug production. However, I've never based these views in any sort of negative action towards the individual. They're merely academic distinctions.

I'm open to all people and their cultures insofar as they meet basic human rights guidelines.

I don't believe in supremacy in any way because I believe that we're all the same biologically, and as such, at some point in our lives could have the opportunity to make good things of ourselves. For some people, though, there's no turning back, sadly.

StarlightAngel
11-29-2006, 07:04 PM
My elementary school has whites, asians, blacks, hispanics, etc. It is extremely diverse. I think this influenced the fact that I don't tend to look at peoples' skin color.

Even in highschool, it's fairly diverse.

LunarWeaver
11-29-2006, 07:09 PM
I only discriminate against Canadians, because so many of my internet friends are Canadian and I hate them all.

Dreddz
11-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Im not racist, if I were then it would be to other nationalities, not races.

I live in London, the most cosmopolitan city in the world, good im not racist then.

Miriel
11-29-2006, 07:18 PM
My elementary school has whites, asians, blacks, hispanics, etc. It is extremely diverse. I think this influenced the fact that I don't tend to look at peoples' skin color.

Even in highschool, it's fairly diverse.

Yeah, I grew up in a very diverse environment. I didn't realize this wasn't the norm until I was out of High School. I don't hate on people cause of their race.

black orb
11-29-2006, 07:29 PM
>>> Hell no..

NeoCracker
11-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I hold anti Black, indian, hispanic, and Asian men Rallies everyday. Good way to fill the free time.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-29-2006, 09:39 PM
I went to the same schools Starlight went to/is currently attending. I grew up around different races and am myself multi-racial. I make a concentrated effort not to be racist if at all possible, although there are many things about various CULTURES that I tend to find fault in, including my own.

Venom
11-29-2006, 09:40 PM

Araciel
11-29-2006, 09:45 PM
i have racist thoughts...only in a facetious manner, which may make them worse than serious ones...but i don't truly hold to racial stereotypes and i definatly do not hate anyone based on their race. i don't believe in white supremacy because that's absurd.

i'm racially a mix myself and i live in one of the most liberal places in the world so it's almost impossible for me to think of actually discriminating against someone because of what they look like.

unless they're old.

NeoCracker
11-29-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't hate all people equally. My discriminatory hate is that much more hateful that way.

Roto13
11-29-2006, 09:54 PM
I only discriminate against Canadians, because so many of my internet friends are Canadian and I hate them all.

What a coincidence. I hate cat boys.

Moon Rabbits

We > You :bigsmile:

Anyways, no, I'm not. Unfortunately racism isn't uncommon in my city (Hamilton, Ont.), and it's not a rare sight to see red laces or a swastika patch on jackets. :( Boo.

XxSephirothxX
I don't believe in the superiority of any one race, which I believe to be the worst, or most basic, form of racism. That being said, I'll crack the racist or stereotypical joke from time to time, and have no qualms about doing so. If I make a joke about black people based on stereotypes, does that make me racist? Maybe a little bit. I live in Georgia, where there is quite a bit of racial discrimination against Hispanics, and I've always tried to be tolerant and never judge someone based on skin color alone.

Rantz
11-29-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't really know how to vote. I observe a lot of things that people do, and I know they probably wouldn't do those things if they weren't of a certain race.

I would have to say that my perceptions of people are sometimes influenced by their race, but not in a negative, hateful way. And I don't believe in any type of supremacy. Well, except for me supremecy, but I'm pretty vain sometimes.

This is pretty much my thoughts on the matter as well.

Frozen Phantom
11-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I treat all races equally EXCEPT FOR THOSE EVIL DISCUSTING GNOMES!!! SOMEDAY I WILL BURN THEM ALL ALIVE!!!

oh....you were talking about real life....in that case, I'm no racist.

Vikeve
11-29-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm racist against racist people.:) Actually Im living in a very diverce town and when i was younger I didn't even think racist people still exist since so I'm surrounded by so many different types of people.:p

Sometimes however i do feel almost extra "white" when I'm talking to some black friends but I hate that feeling and I hate even typing down the words black friends when were all just people.

Outer Heaven
11-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah I can be racist most of the time and say racist things towards other people.

Shlup
11-29-2006, 11:22 PM
I only use race for the sake of humor.

NorthernChaosGod
11-30-2006, 12:57 AM
No, I have a general disliking for people in general, regardless of race.

Although I do like to spout out racial slurs, I say them all, everyone gets the same treatment.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Some people would probably label me genetically racist because I do believe that the slight genetic differences between different cultured groups is important for certain scientific studies, like prescription drug production. However, I've never based these views in any sort of negative action towards the individual. They're merely academic distinctions.That's the difference between "racial" and "racist."

Rye
11-30-2006, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't consider myself racist, but sadly I'm not used to being around a diverse group of people because I live in probably the most whitebread area of New York, and when I did live in Queens, I went to a very expensive private school with mostly only very whitebread kids. It's kind of sad. I like when I'm around a mixture of cultures, like when I went on my cruise. There were people from everywhere on that ship, it was interesting.

The Shoeless Hobo
11-30-2006, 02:34 AM
I do not believe in white supremacy but I am racist.

I live in Australia and the main immigrants are Middle-easterners and Asians. Now I'll tell you why I dislike them...

Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali is the Mufti of Australia. He was born in Lebanon. Recently he has been on the news due to what he said: "If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats' or the uncovered meat? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred." He is blaming rape and adultery on women - that it's their fault. Now how does this make you feel if you were/are a women. Or if a foreigner comes into your country and makes these sexist remarks where in Australia we believe in equal rights and opportunities for men and women alike.

If I am going to have people come to my country I expect them to assimilate - learn our language, accept our views and beliefs and get a job.

Now I'm sure you all remember the Cronula Riots, right? Well what could of caused such violence. Well it all started off when a group of Lebanese people an assaulted and bashed three volunteer lifesavers (lifeguards). After the riots, the Lebanese people stole our flag from an RSL and then proceeded to burn it and then urinate on it.

Why would someone attack lifeguards? They save lies, they benefit the community. The Australian flag was stolen from an RSL. This RSL was a meeting place for many war veterans. And this is how foreigners show their respect.

Asians aren't violent but their lack of assimilation pisses me off.

I'll start with a minor nuisance - driving. Twice today (after driving for five minutes) I saw two cars that had both broken road rules. And they were both Asian. Now every time I go for a drive, I always see an Asian who cannot drive properly. Where the hell do they get their licenses from? They are putting lives of the Australian public at risk.

Another problem: Every time I go to a shopping centre/mall I will see a couple of Asian shops where only Asians will work their and a few times they will only let Asians in. This kind of behaviour has been reported many time in the newspaper and on current affair tv shows.

The other day I went down to my local fish and chips shop and an Asian served me. All he could understand was a few simple "keywords" I gave him the required money and he gave me his change with his greasy and poorly maintained hands. He then proceeds to put my chips in the fryer. But wait, he needs to sneeze.. He sneezes on his hand and then wipes it away. he then puts the frozen chips into the frying basket and the evens it out using his hands so I don't get too much for what I paid for. Late that week after telling an Asian friend of mine who has worked their and has been illegally underpaid about my experiences, he then tells me that with certain foods (eg. lasagna) he just peels off the top layer and resells it the next day.

In some suburbs they want to put up street signs in Chinese so they can understand the rules of the road a bit better. In some countries, it is a necessity to learn the language of that country (e.g. Sweeden).

Too sum it up quickly, I basically do not like middle-easterners because of their violence and I do not like Asians due to their lack of assimilation.

"If we want to be united as a nation, we have to have something in common."

I will continue this later. And by the way, I realise that not every imigrant is like this, but the majority are. And if I was to move to an asian country, first I would learn the language. If I was visitng it as a holiday, It would not be neccesary.

chaos_ghost
11-30-2006, 02:42 AM
I am at times. Sometimes I find myself thinking racists thoughts about Hispanic people. And I can cleanly say that's my worst character trait. And it really bothers me that I have these thoughts since I'm black and I myself have beed a victim of racism. But in recent months I have been getting better and become more accepting. Btw I live in South Carolina

Shiny
11-30-2006, 03:52 AM
I don't know what's worst. A closeted racist, or a racist who tries to justify their racism. No. I'm not racist.

Yamaneko
11-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Some people would probably label me genetically racist because I do believe that the slight genetic differences between different cultured groups is important for certain scientific studies, like prescription drug production. However, I've never based these views in any sort of negative action towards the individual. They're merely academic distinctions.That's the difference between "racial" and "racist."
Yeah, but "they" don't know that.

Miriel
11-30-2006, 07:23 AM
The Shoeless Hobo gets a thumbs down. :down:

DarkLadyNyara
11-30-2006, 07:34 AM
*Hums "everyone is a little bit racist" from Avenue Q*

No, I'm not racist. I laugh at racist jokes, but I don't judge on race. I can't afford to- I've got at least four myself. :D

And I live in San Bernardino, California.

Quindiana Jones
11-30-2006, 04:06 PM
I reckon it'd be cool if all racists died.

The Devil Man
11-30-2006, 04:25 PM
The Shoeless Hobo gets a thumbs down. :down:

Why? He's only being honest and what he said is quite true.

I don't think he is racist, personally, but he IS extremely, extremely pissed off. I saw the same riots that he mentioned last year on the news and they were pretty outrageous. The Lebanese just started attacking the Australians for no reason whatsoever.

And, let me tell you now, I ain't a white dude, but I ain't black either, but the experiences that The Shoeless Hobo has suffered are the same ones that you'll experience in London from the same kind of people.

I totally understand where he is coming from. Some nationalities of people go outta their way to accomodate you, others are somewhat more hostile and aggressive.

Quindiana Jones
11-30-2006, 04:28 PM
I may just be going insane, but did Devil Man just make a sensible post? :bigsmile:

The Devil Man
11-30-2006, 04:31 PM
I may just be going insane, but did Devil Man just make a sensible post? :bigsmile:

You're imagining things.

Fatal Impurity
11-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Nope not me...not ever and i spit upon anyone that takes such a pathetic and short sighted view of people...ive never lived in a racially diverse area but ive been brought up to hate people for their characters/personalities or how they treat other people.....and NOT for their skin colour, appearance or nationality...but like anyone i like to have a stereotypical joke here and there as long as its not hugely racist...

louby_4eva
11-30-2006, 07:15 PM
I live on an estate in Manchester, well I did, I'm at uni now in Huddersfield, anyway,where I grew up pretty much everyone is racist. If a foreigner moves in, they get there windows smashed and promptly leave. I, however, am not racist, I don't agree with the thing that guy said about the meat and the cats. When I read it in the paper the other week, I was appalled. I'd blame the cats :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Vincent, Thunder God
11-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm as far the opposite of racist that anyone can go. I hate racists. In my opinion, nothing can excuse their ignorance for holding something as inconsequential as skin colour or race against someone.