PDA

View Full Version : Metal gear solid

Sparky
11-29-2006, 02:33 PM
It has came to my attention because I have really not paid much attention, but it is almost exactly like escape from la.

Is it made from it or is it just a conincedence?

JKTrix
11-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Could you explain a little more? I really don't know what you mean.

Jowy
11-29-2006, 04:03 PM
The year is 2013. Like New York, Los Angeles has been turned into a prison island for the United State's most undesirable criminals, like New York, Los Angeles is surrounded by a wall so no convict can escape from L.A and once deported to L.A. you can never return to the American mainland which has become a moral society. 16-years after he escaped from New York, One-Eyed former soldier Snake Plissken now the United State's most wanted outlaw is once again given another job for his freedom by the new President and L.A's security commander Malloy. Snake is sent into L.A. to recover a doomsday device that shuts all power sources on Earth from brutal terrorist Curevo Jones and the President's runaway daughter Utopia who has been brainwashed by Curveo into stealing the doomsday device, and the President personally wants Snake to eliminate Utopia for betraying her country. Like New York, Snake is injected with a engineered virus which will kill him in 9 hours if Snake fails the mission, if Snake succeeds in completing the mission, he will be given the antidote. Entering L.A, now inhabited by criminals, runaway teenagers, prostitutes and brutal gangs. Snake sets out to recover the doomsday device and kill Utopia, as Curevo and his army of terrorists prepares to invade the United States and can Snake escape from L.A. before the virus kills him in 9 hours?

And yes, it does share a lot with Escape from LA.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Kojima is a huge film geek. He wanted to be a movie director before he got into games, and if you'd look at the production notes from any Metal Gear installment, you'd see that he's constantly borrowing elements from movies he likes.

In this case, though, the derivation is from Escape from New York. Escape from L.A. didn't come out until '96.

Paro
11-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Kojima is a huge film geek. He wanted to be a movie director before he got into games, and if you'd look at the production notes from any Metal Gear installment, you'd see that he's constantly borrowing elements from movies he likes.

In this case, though, the derivation is from Escape from New York. Escape from L.A. didn't come out until '96.

what's it called when someone is constantly borrowing elements of something? wiki that for me will ya?

Necronopticous
11-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Inspiration.

What's is called when the product of that inspiration is greater than any of the inspiration itself?

Oh yeah, it's called Metal Gear Solid.