PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Blacksmith Question

Cid Vicious
11-29-2006, 05:10 PM
I've been reading about the Legendary Blacksmith Sidequest you can do in the DS version. Does anyone know if you actually have to have Wi-Fi to unlock this, because I don't have it (yet) and I've also got the import version so I'm not even sure I will be able to do it. I've tried sending letters to the NPC's, but I'm not getting anymore replies from them. :(

Anyone know?

BillyBologna
11-29-2006, 06:01 PM
I have the same problem, i have looked everywhere but i havent found an answer to it either. I'm pretty sure there is no way to unlock that stuff without wi-fi though which kinda stinks because pretty much all the good side quests require it :(

If there is a way though someone let us know!

Vermachtnis
11-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Yup there is no way to get the Legendary Blacksmith without WiFi and that sucks cause I spent a lot of time getting Luneth and Refia's Dragoon and Ninja class to 99 respectivally. But now I can't even get their Ultimate Equipment.

BillyBologna
11-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah honestly if thats the only way i dont know what they were thinking when they made it. What happens if years from now when theres not a million people that just got it spamming thier codes out everywhere. Anyone who fires up the game wont even be able to do the side quests which imo are some of the funnest things about FF games. :(

The game is still definatly fun but it just feels so incomplete without access to wi-fi to be able to do this stuff.

undnce
11-29-2006, 09:14 PM
nope, ur all pretty much screwed, just buy WIFI... it's not that hard or expensive.

And as for the guy who imported it and will never be able to use WIFi, that's his fault for not waiting. What were you thinking:confused:

KH-Cloudy
11-30-2006, 12:16 AM
How many mail do you have to send for Legendary Smith to appear? Type it in spoiler please :)

Cid Vicious
11-30-2006, 09:14 AM
And as for the guy who imported it and will never be able to use WIFi, that's his fault for not waiting. What were you thinking:confused:What was I thinking?
I was thinking I didn't want to have to wait another six months to get my hands on this game, and seeing as how there's no real difference between the US and UK version it seemed the best thing to do. I didn't know Wi-Fi was going to be needed for all the extras/sidequests, just for the extra dungeon, and I'd heard differing stories about that. Some saying it was needed, some that it was'nt.

What I'm going to have to do is just play the main game for now, then when the PAL version is released buy that and sell this one. Or maybe buy a cheat card that can unlock the extra features, if that's possible.

KH-Cloudy
12-01-2006, 12:07 AM
If you want to know more about the legendary blacksmith go check gamefaqs>message board it will be topiced Legendary Black Smith Questions Revised or something like that

Trance_Kuja
12-02-2006, 02:46 PM
It will not affect your wifi at all. I have the US version also (i live in the UK) and it works fine for me.

abrojtm
12-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Just go to your local restauant/coffee shop that has WiFi. I'm sure there's one in your area unless you are more than 20 miles outside of any sort of civilization.