PDA

View Full Version : so..how do you make new friends?

GeneralSapphire
11-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi
I was just wondering how you make new friends?I find it nigh impossible!can anyone help me?

BarelySeeAtAll
11-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Hi
I was just wondering how you make new friends?I find it nigh impossible!can anyone help me?

Merry, be yourself, if they want to be stupid and leave them to not know what they are missing out on!!!!

Jowy
11-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Just act like yourself around people who intrigue you. If you seem to get along with that person after a conversation or two, you're likely to hit it off.

black orb
11-29-2006, 07:34 PM
>>> I dont make new friends, I let other people make me their friend..

GeneralSapphire
11-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Does that work, letting people make the first move to friendship?

Rocket Edge
11-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Just act like yourself around people who intrigue you. If you seem to get along with that person after a conversation or two, you're likely to hit it off.
I agree. Most of the people around here are nice anyway so you should be fine.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-29-2006, 07:39 PM

course my lil Merry cuz, get around a bit, not like that!!but make people see the real lovely you!!

black orb
11-29-2006, 07:45 PM
>>> Maybe, if you are a charming person or something.. dull people like me only have one or two friends..

GeneralSapphire
11-29-2006, 07:57 PM
ahh bless, well im not dull when im hyper!But im not when i post on here so no one thinks im a funny person, which im not but i could be, lol!!!:D :D :D :D i will be your friend if you want?

Bunny
11-29-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't know. Usually they just appear out of thin air and next thing I know, I have a good friend. And then they introduce me to people and those people become my friend.

I would be a likeable lad if I wasn't so sarcastic and misanthrophic.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-29-2006, 08:05 PM
hehe, you can be my friend lol
let them make them be the first ones!!!or just do it how all my friends (all of them being (apart from one) boys though) did, be random and say hi,randomly mind, got to be random

GeneralSapphire
11-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Im already your friend Lady of the sheep!!!lol!!!
very well does any one here wish to be my friend?
no?
ok then,:cry: :cry:

Levian
11-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Ropes won't work unless you tape their mouth too, they'll just bite their way straight through I tell ya.

Or, you know, gaining friends in school and on work isn't too hard, you do have something in common after all. I live together with 13 people so there's always someone around if I want to hang out.

Drift
11-29-2006, 08:12 PM
if you're drunk then its easier, if you're tipsy then it's still easy

Nominus Experse
11-29-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't make new friends. Not yet, anyways, since everyone I seem to come across are complete and utter dolts. Perhaps once I got out of the narrow-minded-box-of-a-town I am in, I may make new friends.

Usually, though, I made friends by simply talking, being with them - really, it just happened without either one of us realizing. Eventually, our lives became intertwined, enough to allow feelings and the like to surface.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-29-2006, 08:17 PM
if you're drunk then its easier, if you're tipsy then it's still easy

can you see GeneralSapphire being drunk, oh har har thats funny

Drift
11-29-2006, 08:19 PM
i can see anyone drunk

BarelySeeAtAll
11-29-2006, 08:20 PM
me?haha, what a larff

GeneralSapphire
11-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Well not me!!!lol!!!

Psychotic
11-30-2006, 02:32 AM
There's a topic, so let's stick to it.

Shlup
11-30-2006, 02:51 AM
Any new friends I have are friends of my old friends.

Christmas
11-30-2006, 02:52 AM
I remember there was this movie where this little brat collect humans parts to make a perfect friend for herself. :bigsmile:

Araciel
11-30-2006, 02:53 AM
i tend to make new friends easily but we never become close friends...my friends come and go pretty frequently...i don't think i've ever had a friend longer than a year

Chemical
11-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Hey Shlup do you maybe kinda maybe wanna hang out maybe later tonight? My mom made chocolate cookies, we can eat them in front of fat people excercising at the local gym.

Ehn I don't really.
I have terrible social skills.
I usually wait till some poor sucker tries to make friends with me.

Savern Volaco
11-30-2006, 02:58 AM
I have maybe 2 friends thats all anyway, I tend to be leader of a club/war training i have like 45 members who are actually quite good at warfare. I tend to be well merciless at paint ball, it includes dune buggies four wheelers motor cycles and ushally last about a week of war it is so much fun. I do have friends but they tend to be my body guard in those war games I play.

kikimm
11-30-2006, 04:24 AM
Haha yeah I'm lame and I wait for people to make the first move. So I guess making friends is hard for me? I'm really shy. So I just cling to the people I already know. :jess:

This method has worked very well though.

Dell
11-30-2006, 04:30 AM
Haha yeah I'm lame and I wait for people to make the first move. So I guess making friends is hard for me? I'm really shy. So I just cling to the people I already know. :jess:

This method has worked very well though.

:rolleyes2 Same as me.
In addition, I THREATEN THEM. :bigsmile:

Casey
11-30-2006, 08:42 AM
So your 15? Still goto school, go talk to people... especially during lunch. I don't know what else to say... making friends isn't very hard. Just don't be afraid to talk to people. That's how I used to be when I was in highschool, except the last year of highschool I made alot of wonderful friends that I'm still friends with tell this day.

GeneralSapphire
11-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Well im shy too thats why i started this thread to see if anyone knew how to stop being shy and make new frineds!thanks for all your advice!!
Christams, i think that film sounds great!!!

Madonna
11-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Hi
I was just wondering how you make new friends?I find it nigh impossible!can anyone help me?First, you attack a town, preferably one snow-ridden, so that any help does not arrive very soon. Kill everything that stands in your way as you go on a warpath, eventually collapsing after slaying any associates you may have brought along. Someone will take you in to recover, possibly so that you may stand trial. Ignore the real reasons and instead run out the back door, get spotted, and hide in the nearby mines. Try to find a piece of ground within the cave that seems structurally unsound, as if there is another tunnel beneath the one you are in. Break it. Fall down it. Pass out again. You might dream that a squad of furry white things rescue you. Don't worry about it, rather focus on the man that is sure to find you and take you on the first steps to the great unknown. He is sure to stick by you in thick and thin, and that, my dear, is a friend.

Alright, hop to it.

Ashi
11-30-2006, 09:22 AM
I dunno, usually at school or your work place, where do most people hang out? In my case it was the cafe, I usually hung around where my classmates did, sitting with a different people every time till I found a couple that had the same interests as me till we kept on hanging out regularly.

I think usually it works if there's a person that you see at the same spot nearly every day and make random friendly convernsations with.

Monster Hunt
11-30-2006, 09:48 AM
If the person likes you, they like you- they have a conversation with you and if it goes well (like the others said) you're likely to become friends. Make sure you don't go with people's opinions of people or make sure you don't hate a person before you know them well.

I mean I think you're cool for being gutsy enough to put up this topic, but that's just me.

Quindiana Jones
11-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Friends?

Cloudane
11-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Buy them. Here http://www.fakeyourspace.com/

Seriously though - just be yourself, smile a lot, chat to people. You don't have to be "declared" friends either, it just happens naturally if you chat to someone and find that you get along with them.

And despite my little joke above, adding someone to your Myspace friends list does not make them a friend. I'm sure you know that already though :D

StarlightAngel
11-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Go sit where other people who seem interesting to you are. You don't even have to talk, unless of course one of them speaks to you.

If you sit next to someone you think is a neat person, just talk to them. It doesn't have to be about anything in particular; it can just be something totally random or pointless, like "Geeze, I hope we don't get much homework today." Or something.

Starting a conversation might be a bit tough if you're really shy, but if you can do it you can at least get to know some people a little better.

Old Manus
11-30-2006, 05:09 PM
lol us internet nerdz hav no friendz.

It isn't hard. You just make conversation with whoever you happen to be next to.

Jess
11-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Just make conversation with people around you. Anyone. About anything!

I'm quite shy around people when I first meet them, but in reality I'm quite a confident person. Whilst I was at school I made most of my friends by making a few friends first and then once I was confident with myself more people began to notice me and making friends with me, so it was pretty easy in the end. :jess:

Yamaneko
11-30-2006, 05:27 PM
I jump from behind a bush and ask them to be my friend.

Drift
11-30-2006, 05:39 PM
I jump from behind a bush and ask them to be my friend.

thats right before yams goes and eats them cause ya know, he's yams

Quindiana Jones
11-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Is Yams the man who jumped out of the bushes and made me touch him when I was little? :)

I prefer making friends with the ladies than with guys. It's just easier for me to get on with them. Guys are boring really. :(

Vincent, Thunder God
11-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Just keep an eye out for someone you think would be a good friend (don't pick someone who's rude in general, or mean) and after you've observed how well he or she behaves with others and decided that you want to be friends, just find the oppurtunity to talk with that person. After you've gotten to know the person by chatting with him or her a couple of times and realize that a friendship is developing, it's pretty easy to exchange phone numbers and ask if he or she wants to visit you or go out to the mall or whatever.

GeneralSapphire
12-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone youve all been really helpful i shall bear your advice in mind on my search for a new friend!

Christmas
06-29-2023, 05:45 AM
Add the person on social media. Find out the person personal info and drag the person to my basement where we will live happily ever after. :bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
06-30-2023, 08:20 AM
Friends finished in 2004 and they had that reunion but I don't think they'll make any more episodes.