PDA

View Full Version : For You Fitness Freaks Out There

Gullick
11-29-2006, 10:51 PM
I was just messing around on Google and i found this article on ab exercises, thought some of you guys might be interested:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/conditioning/a/aa020402a.htm

-Gull-

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-30-2006, 03:35 AM
Yeah. I use the first two in my ab workout routine. Great stuff.

I already got my six pack, but I keep doing this to maintain it. Along with running and wrestling and eating good.

Araciel
11-30-2006, 03:36 AM
the best exercise to get abs is sprinting

11-30-2006, 04:10 AM
the best exercise to get abs is sprinting

I disagree. The best way to get abs is to get a set routine workout. Mixed cardio and aerobic. Sprinting and long jogs. Intense ab workout to increase muscle mass. Good Nutrition. The only way you will get good abs it so lower the amount of fat on your body all around.

kikimm
11-30-2006, 04:20 AM
And lots of protein!

I think.

11-30-2006, 04:29 AM
Yes. Protien. An essential thing to keep in your diet. It helps your muscles build. And it taste yummy.

Casey
11-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Yeah the workout with the exercise ball is good. I like doing some good ol' fashioned flutter kicks, leg raises, sit-ups, crunches... Yeah protein, I take whey protein and creatine monohydrate. Eat healthy is the main factor too! Consistancy of working out too! Like I work out 3-4 times a week and I'm still in shape and I'm still getting built.

theundeadhero
11-30-2006, 11:48 AM
The bicycle-kick exercise is one of the most horrible torture devices ever invented. I've been forced to do many :( All I can say is that it really does work like nothing else.

Peegee
11-30-2006, 01:09 PM
everybody has abs. To make them visible you have to lower your entire body's body fat % to..I believe it's either < 11 or < 10%.

So the best way to show your abs is to go on a general weight loss diet or to work out your entire body.

Doing crunches has the benefit of working your abdominal strength, though I am not sure what it is actually used for (ignorance :D )

12-01-2006, 02:45 AM
Doing crunches has the benefit of working your abdominal strength, though I am not sure what it is actually used for (ignorance :D )
Core strenth. Balance. Center of gravity. Et cetera.

RiseToFall
12-01-2006, 02:53 AM
Damn, all those long hours on the ab rocker wasted. Son of a bitch.

Reles
12-01-2006, 03:00 AM
I'm getting exhausted by just reading these suggestions. :(