PDA

View Full Version : Clan Merchant - wtf?

Raistlin
11-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Ok, so I just did a bunch of hunts in a row which put me up into the Paragon of Justice clan rank, right above Riskbreaker. So I notice, go get my reward from Montblanc, etc. Then I think "Hey, I'll go check to see if anything new's available at the clan merchant... oh, I have enough money now, I think I'll buy those bubble belts that I noticed were available last time." So I go to the merchant... and those bubble belts aren't available! I remember seeing them before when I was Riskbreaker (possibly lower). I hadn't even bought one yet (I probably would've sooner, but I forgot about them after I first saw them).

I saved to a new file, and reloaded a previous one when I was still Riskbreaker. I went to the clan merchant, and what do you know, the bubble belts are there!

So: wtf? Do you LOSE some items you can buy as you go up in rank? :confused: It would be annoying if I had to do that mark again, though not horrible. Can I still get the belts from the merchant?

Marshall Banana
11-30-2006, 09:30 AM
I purchased some bubble belts when I was a few ranks higher than Riskbreaker. I don't remember them ever not being available.

Wait, you did scroll over, right? XD

Nominus Experse
11-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I am pretty sure you can simply scroll over and they will be available.

I know that I have done similiar things since the items are categorized when purchasing from a merchant...

Raistlin
11-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Guys, I'm not THAT dumb. :p

The bubble belts were available on the first screen, along with the N_____ accessory which reverses the effect of items. Right after I did that mark and gained a rank, the bubble belts disappeared. I saved to a different file, went back to the file of right before I did the hunt, and the bubble belts were there again!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't know why Paragon of Justice wouldn't have access to Bubble Belts, but if they're really not there, they are accessible with higher ranks. I guess you'll just have to kill some more Marks.

Raistlin
11-30-2006, 05:25 PM
which would be easier to do with the damn bubble belts. :mad2:

I think I'll just restart from before that hunt and buy the belts. I don't want to risk spending a bunch of time doing more hunts just to have them not reappear. It was a pretty easy one in the Gramswhatever waterway, anyway.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Garamsythe.

Nominus Experse
11-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Damn, that sucks Raist.

I wonder why it is that way. I guess it's one of Sqeenix's strange scew ups...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Bubble Belts are definitely available by the time the Marks and bosses and Espers become so difficult that they're actually needed. Wesly is just impatient.

Raistlin
11-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Well they were there! And then they went away! And I don't know when/if they'll ever be coming back! And that makes me sad! :(

abrojtm
12-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Well I guess I missed out on that item that reverses the effects of items, because I'm a Knight of the Round and it's definitely only Cat-Ear Hood and Bubble Belt on there.

Dell
12-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Well I guess I missed out on that item that reverses the effects of items, because I'm a Knight of the Round and it's definitely only Cat-Ear Hood and Bubble Belt on there.

Wait! I'm a Knight of the Round too! And I can see (And buy) Nihopalaoa. Maybe, it has something to do with the hunt we do?

Nominus Experse
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Well they were there! And then they went away! And I don't know when/if they'll ever be coming back! And that makes me sad! :(
You are able to get them back once you increase you rank by one. It ought not take long.

The Unknown Guru
12-02-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm a couple ranks higher than Riskbreaker, and I can buy Cat-ear Hood, Nihopalaoa, and the Bubble Belts. Weird that it isn't working for Raistlin.

BTW, does the Nihopalaoa actually do anything useful?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Items used by the wearer have the opposite effect. So you can throw Remedies at Marks and bosses to load them down with a ton of status ailments, for example.

The Unknown Guru
12-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Thanks. I took the description to mean items used on the wearer to have the opposite effect.

Serpentarius
12-02-2006, 02:52 AM
phoenix down destroys all

remnant1
12-04-2006, 02:51 PM
ok this may be off topic but some of you said you were knights of the rounds.i just became one yesterday and i bought some acceseries.what does it mean when it says"move with much celerity"what is that and how is it usefull?

Dell
12-04-2006, 03:50 PM
ok this may be off topic but some of you said you were knights of the rounds.i just became one yesterday and i bought some acceseries.what does it mean when it says"move with much celerity"what is that and how is it usefull?

LOL, you said like we're knights from some sort of kingdom. :p

The one with "Move with great celerity" is Cat-ear Hood, it increases your speed +50, and vitality +30. I've never use it myself, so I don't know if it increase your MOVEMENT or the time to FILL UP THE BAR.

Kuronama
12-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Cat-ear Hood decreases the time needed to fill your bar. Just experiment with some of your chars that have different speeds. Cat-ear hood can almost double your attack speed, kinda cool imo.

remnant1
12-06-2006, 02:06 PM
freekin sweet!but does it really increase those stats like that?