PDA

View Full Version : !Predict

Giga Guess
11-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Does this move have any redeeming value? It seems better about killing ME off than my enemies.

Bunny
11-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I've used it three times, just to see the different effects of it. I don't find it to be incredibly useful and tend to stick with !Condemn, because I have never had Doom fail me on any guy I have used it on. The other ones are pretty useless by the time you get the Oracle.

About the only new class that I have found any use with is the Gladiator, and that's only marginal. Cannoneer is alright, but not too great. I've yet to get the Necromancer.

Jowy
11-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Doom doesn't work for a damn once you're in the bonus dungeon, from what I've seen. Aside from the high magic power and great MP, Oracles are useless. o_o

Cid Vicious
11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Aside from the high magic power and great MP, Oracles are useless. o_oDosen't the Oracle Job have a no random encounter ability in the GBA version?
That sounds pretty usefull, although it will make the game too easy.

Mirage
11-30-2006, 05:42 PM
It has Read Ahead, which seems to reduce enemy encounters, but does not eliminate them. And no, it doesn't make the game too easy. First, it's not available until near the very end of the game, and the bonus dungeon is created with the new abilities in mind. It has a very high encounter rate, for one, and many enemies are immune to what made the main game easy. Lol giltoss for example.

Giga Guess
12-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Well, Predict would be better, IMHO, if it was a party OR enemy situation. I would be more willing to risk a 50/50 chance of good damage or having to heal, than dealing (Admittedly) good damage, and STILL having to heal.

Zeromus_X
12-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Doesn't the Oracle have Gained ABP Up or something similar? Or am I thinking of a different new class?

Giga Guess
12-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Doesn't the Oracle have Gained ABP Up or something similar? Or am I thinking of a different new class?

No, I think you're right, cuz I know Cannoneer has Exp Up (BTW, do these abilites stack onto Freelancer? I mean ABP Up is useless in that case, but Exp Up would help.

Jowy
12-01-2006, 03:37 AM
None of the new passive abilities stack on Freelancer or Mimic.

Giga Guess
12-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Sacrilage!

Mirage
12-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, it sucks. I really want a passive long range and exp up.

eestlinc
12-05-2006, 07:39 AM
i usually end up killing all the monsters before condem or predict trigger. but the oracle is a good class to master.