PDA

View Full Version : Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Croyles
12-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Have you read this book by Patrick Süskind, and what do you think of it?
I thought it was amazing. One of the rare books set in the 18th century that I actually like. I thought, how could a story about smell be delivered in a book? And now im wondering, how can a story about smell be made into a film? I guess the music will play a key role!

I have been looking forward to watching a film adaption of this for a long time.

The Official Website (http://www.perfumemovie.com/)

Its a shame that Süskind didnt give anyone the rights to make this film for 15 years. The German author is nearly as reclusive as J.D. Salinger :(.
Pfff, artists. :D

Breine
12-01-2006, 04:38 PM
No, I've never read the book, but I just saw the trailer for the film the other day and I'd really like to go see it. It looks really good.

By the way, I had no idea there was a book behind the movie.

Croyles
12-01-2006, 05:20 PM
What??? The book was published in 45 languages! INCLUDING LATIN! :D
It should be very well known in Europe, and probably America too.

Apparantly the film has gotten mixed criticism, so im curious as to whether i'll like it or not.

Essência
12-05-2006, 05:36 PM
I read the book and saw the film :love: both are great!

kikimm
01-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Its a shame that Süskind didnt give anyone the rights to make this film for 15 years. The German author is nearly as reclusive as J.D. Salinger :(.
Pfff, artists. :D

I don't know, I think that's a good thing.

I've never read the book, although I have been interested in it for some time. For...different reasons.

But yeah, I'm hoping to go see it this weekend. It looks really interesting. And I think I get extra credit in German class! :monster: