PDA

View Full Version : Wario Ware: Smooth Moves New Vids (Wii)

JKTrix
12-01-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct link (I can't view YouTube from work), but here goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE1Uk__eyss

I watched this last night, I saw it on www.gamevideos.com. This appears to be the equivalent of 9-Volt's stage, the Nintendo fanboy of the series.

I've been looking forward to this game, just like when the DS launched it was one of my most wanted titles.

RiseToFall
12-01-2006, 06:29 PM
I've always wanted to play a WarioWare game. I don't buy portables so I'm really happy this game is coming to the Wii.

Jowy
12-01-2006, 06:30 PM
WarioWare's on the GCN too. And by god does a 4 player game of that get intense.

RiseToFall
12-01-2006, 06:40 PM
WarioWare's on the GCN too. And by god does a 4 player game of that get intense.

Yeah but that one didn't look nearly as fun. Playing with the Cube controller just takes something away.

-Note: I played the game on the DS at a friends house.

Jowy
12-01-2006, 06:49 PM
It doesn't seem like it's going to be fun, but the different variations for multiplayer more than make up for the slight awkwardness of playing with a GCN controller.

JKTrix
12-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Twisted! on GBA has been my favourite so far, despite Touched! encompassing all of the DS's features at the time. Twisting the system around was much more enjoyable.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm a huge sucker for fan service in games. With regards to WarioWare in particular, it one thing when it was referencing SNES, NES, and pre-NES stuff on the GBA. But I'm some kind of ecstatic that, with the Wii, it's now able to accurately present games like Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, and the 3D Zeldas, as well.

My favorite part by far is that the boss stage is a cleaned-up version of the first level of Star Fox--cleaned-up, and yet they retained the essence of the original, with its simple polygons and poor draw distance. That's pure love.

Shoeberto
12-01-2006, 08:44 PM
That was absolutely fantastic.

KentaRawr!
12-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Their mini-games revolving around other games are certainly very groovy, especially the Wind Waker's part and Pong's part. It would be quite interesting if you could select any mini-game to play for an extended amount of time, such as with Pong and Star Fox.

Edit: This person appears to have more videos of the game available. I looked at one of them which lasts 9 minutes long, and one of the mini-games in the video is a reference to Brain Age. :p

JKTrix
12-02-2006, 06:54 PM
It would be quite interesting if you could select any mini-game to play for an extended amount of time, such as with Pong and Star Fox.

I dont' have the GC Wario Ware, but all the portable WarioWare titles have an option that you can select a particular minigame (after you clear it for the first time) to play whenever you want, and however long you want (until you die). They also change in difficulty while you play, so it's not the same thing over and over.

(Dec 4)
Game is out now (in Japan), so people can give more videos. Like these.

http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12172

(Dec 18)

I sent this to Roto and Erdrick Holmes (i think) last night, another awesome minigame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVsfc3JXzt0&eurl=

--Deleted other posts.

Roto13
12-18-2006, 07:58 PM
You're gonna get edited and deleted. Tee hee.

*ahem* That mini game is going to make me look like a retard but I won't care. It looks like a boss game to me.