PDA

View Full Version : Kefka's Last Name

opiumcloud
12-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Palazzo? I'm a huge FF6 fan, and I can't find this name mentioned anywhere in the game or any of the manuals for the different versions. Is this name even cannon?

Flying Mullet
12-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Have you checked any of the concept art bookes? Sometimes it outlines the history of the characters there and why they have whatever name they do, if any.

LunarWeaver
12-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Ava told me Kefka's last name was Clownman, but I guess she's full of lies :cry:

I actually didn't know this, though :jess:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Palazzo is canon, yes. It's not mentioned in the game because none of the last names are, save for the "curtain call" of playable characters, and our man Kefka is not one of those. I suppose it wasn't mentioned in the manual for the same reason. But it's definitely accounted for in official art books and source books.

Some other little-known but very canon names: Leo Cristophe, Cid del Norte Marguez, and Duncan Harcourt.

Yar
12-02-2006, 06:37 AM
There do seem to be many Italian and French names in this game.

Wolf Kanno
12-02-2006, 07:26 AM

Doesn't surprise me, considering how the entire game is based on the concept that you're watching an opera. The curtain call, the little intro's for the characters, the actual back story told in a narrative fashion at the beginning. It all screamed opera. But that's why I love this game;)

NeoCracker
12-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Until now I didn't realize the whole thing was told like an opera. Thats actually pretty cool when I think about it.

Slothy
12-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Until now I didn't realize the whole thing was told like an opera. Thats actually pretty cool when I think about it.

Neither did I actually, but then I've never seen an opera before. Still kind of cool though.

~*~Celes~*~
12-10-2006, 06:17 PM

Doesn't surprise me, considering how the entire game is based on the concept that you're watching an opera. The curtain call, the little intro's for the characters, the actual back story told in a narrative fashion at the beginning. It all screamed opera. But that's why I love this game;)

Wow, I never thought of the game in that way, but yeah, it makes sense!

The only last names I know are those of the playable characters and that's only because I read fanfiction (they all use the same last names for the characters so I assume they're right ^^; )