PDA

View Full Version : What kind of person are you?

Quindiana Jones
12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
I was having a discussion with someone, and she said she could never trade a life for lives.

An example is:
Armed people take over a crowded school. They want someone to come in so they can kill him/her for reasons of their own. If that person doesn't arrive to meet his/her death in a hour, they will kill the students of the school.

What kind of person are you? Would you send the man/woman to his/her death to save the kids, or would you refuse and find another way that is most likely to end in several school deaths and the deaths of the hostage keepers?

I, personally, would ask the man/woman if they were willing to die to save the school children. If he/she was, I would let him/her. I would never force that person though. If they didn't want to go, I'd find another way.

Martyr
12-01-2006, 06:08 PM
I would never force some one to be a martyr.

There's another "m" word for that.

fire_of_avalon
12-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I would do the appropriate thing.

Call Bruce Willis. He would save the day.

Quindiana Jones
12-01-2006, 06:12 PM

I should've foreseen that.

Owen Macwere
12-01-2006, 06:29 PM

Here you got the answer, let's make a movie. :cool:

LunarWeaver
12-01-2006, 06:30 PM

This is perfection incarnate.

The Devil Man
12-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Poor Quin 'N' Tonic, he tries to make an Intelligent, Moralistic Thread and look what happens? :(

People start talking about Bruce Willis :(

It makes Devil Man feel sad :sad:

Nice try Quinny Baby. Nice try.

Quindiana Jones
12-01-2006, 06:49 PM
I know.....I know. Maybe I should warn them? Yes. I think I will. Back on topic people!

GeneralSapphire
12-01-2006, 08:45 PM
well i hope that would NEVER happen, but if it did i would be too scared to do anything!i would see if the person was willing and if they wasnt panick because i dont want loads of kids to die!

Frozen Phantom
12-01-2006, 09:02 PM
I would obviously choose option 3: run like hell.

McLovin'
12-01-2006, 09:16 PM
I will rock you. Rock you. Pick you up and drop you.

The Captain
12-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Either Willis or Keifer Sutherland.

Otherwise, I think, like many people, I could not ask another person to die, it would have to be their choice. However, if they did choose to go, I'd do everything in my power to have some sort of plan that would allow them to act more like a decoy as the children somehow got saved. Until time runs out, it would be all about saving every possible life, I wouldn't just give up because the terms seem to say so.

Take care all.

NorthernChaosGod
12-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Screw that, a kid > an adult. A kid still has much more potential. It goes in favor of the kids even more when there are more kids

Many lives > one life.

Burtsplurt
12-02-2006, 08:33 AM
I couldn't let the kids die. I'd ask the adult is he/she was willing, but if not it'd be a swift 2x4 plank across the back of the head. That's if no other avenue was open, of course.

Griff
12-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Ask the guy? I'd be the one in the school with the gun!

NeoCracker
12-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Whatever option would keep me and My beloved Levian together.

If it turns out, however, they want Levian, there will be victams, and it will go down in the books as the most Violent Hate crime this world has ever known.

Giga Guess
12-02-2006, 02:52 PM
I'd likely be the dumbass that got killed in a failed attempt to stop the gunmen.