PDA

View Full Version : Ritz

im_mrbrightside20
12-01-2006, 09:41 PM
so i realized when i started over again that reitz is a Viera...

i mean we all kno she uses viera classes butttttt

her hair is naturally silver...and all vieras hair is naturally silver

ahhhh ha

so this is weird

anyone else have any other explanantion about her??

Cruise Control
12-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Dude, crack is wack. Lay off the drugs.
True she uses Fencer class, but shes a secret character, she can use whatever the hell she wants.

That post reminds me of Viator.

Frozen Phantom
12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
In reality shes a human, but since she's a secret character, they let her use viera jobs...

Monster Hunt
12-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Ritz is a human. She was there in the real world which means she can't be Viera! :)
Like everyone else said, she just usues viera arts.

im_mrbrightside20
12-02-2006, 02:31 AM
i just think its weird that she has silver hair...i think it's suppossed to mean sumthing i dunno i think it is lol

Cruise Control
12-02-2006, 02:39 AM
No, its called a plot device. Something that motivates her into joining the oppisition. And what a clever plot device it is.

boys from the dwarf
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
while humans aren't naturally good at viera skills i dont see why not and it suits her.

but yeah. a plot device.

im_mrbrightside20
12-03-2006, 08:20 PM
i just thought maybe the whole silver hair like viera things had sumthing to do with her using viera skills...i knew that since she was a secret character she could use any type of skills...i have beaten the game lol

Dr. Acula
12-06-2006, 05:21 AM
Ritz is a girl so she uses Viera classes.

Bowser
12-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Ritz' personality reminds me more of a Bangaa.

EDIT: I know, right?!

Cruise Control
12-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Clever.

Sam250
12-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Mabye (MABYE), shes half Viera? And the reason she fit in so well in Ivalice in the first place was that...i dunno, here Viera parent had taken her there as a baby. I dunno, i mean, its a nice point, and who knows, there may be somthing to it...?

Necronopticous
12-20-2006, 05:00 PM
She's hot, that's all that matters.

boys from the dwarf
12-27-2006, 08:19 PM
i dont think im going to argue with that being the only thing that matters but there is no chance that ritz is half viera or anything.

answer me this.

is there any good reason why a human cant be an elementalist,sniper or assasin?

im sure we'd know if ritz was half viera or anything seems as the game has been around for some years.

she was born in a world of humans so it makes no sense for her to be viera at all. the world of ivalice and town of ivalice could be linked and all that but thats going into theories and that sort of thing.

fin.

Ashley Schovitz
12-27-2006, 08:27 PM
OmG I love Ritz bits sandwiches!:love:

im_mrbrightside20
01-07-2007, 10:14 AM
BUT you all have to agree it is weird that she has silver hair(which all vieras have naturally silver hair) and the fact that she uses viera jobs...i mean it might not have to do with the story but i think it IS something to go off of

Dr. Acula
01-10-2007, 08:47 AM
It's a thing called "coincidence". It happens a lot in games. Ritz just so happens to use Viera classes and her hair is naturally white, like a Viera. But I don't think there's anything else to it. I think it's just there to make us think.

Also, if she were half Viera, don't you think she'd look different from other humans (ignore her hair)?

arcanedude34
01-18-2007, 01:23 AM
She's hot, that's all that matters.

She's like thirteen. Pedifile.

OmG I love Ritz bits sandwiches!:love:

Me too! :p

BUT you all have to agree it is weird that she has silver hair(which all vieras have naturally silver hair) and the fact that she uses viera jobs...i mean it might not have to do with the story but i think it IS something to go off of

Ok. First off, you need to get some grammar and spelling skills. Second, just because she uses Viera skills doesn't make her Viera, nor does having naturally white (not silver, by the way [actually, its just a light shade of pink, but they call it white so w/e]) hair does not make you a Viera.

It is called a coincidence and it IS just a plot device (and a pretty unique one, too) used to give her a motive for wanting to stay in the new world If anything, Ritz is given Viera jobs BECAUSE she has white hair, not the other way around, or it could just be because she's a girl, as pointed out earlier.

Thank you, and have a good day.

Grendal
02-04-2007, 04:53 AM
My opinion, Ritz was given the Viera job selection because of her exposure to them. When she entered the world of Ivalice, she basically spent all her time around Shara and other Viera. Being that she has little exposure to Humans and their jobs, it wouldn't make sense for her to have any expertise in them.

On a further note, it seems like a similar ordeal with Mewt and Doned. Mewt has a lot of influence from Babus, (Nu Mou) while Doned hangs out with Bangaas. It's sort of like there's a kid for each race.

Skyblade
02-04-2007, 06:05 AM
You guys certainly have a way of sparking new, interesting, and slightly crazy thoughts in my head.

Ivalice is a world of Mewt's dreams. Did any of you ever consider that Viera could be based off Ritz? Ritz doesn't have the Viera jobset, Viera have Ritz's jobset. Viera, the only completely defined female characters in the game, are based on the female who had the strongest impact on him. Their hair is white because of the "whitey locks" comments. This is very interesting. I will have to consider it some more, and possibly update my theory...

Grendal
02-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Did any of you ever consider that Viera could be based off Ritz?

Ivalice is not a figment of Mewt's imagination -- it's the historical version of St. Ivalice before a great flood wiped it out. (along with all the various other races and magical abilities) The children are simlpy re-enacting the historical world of Ivalice, which is in turn, happening in Mewt's imagination.

To further confirm this, remember that Viera, Bangaa, etc. exist in Final Fantasy XII, which is based in the same world.

Dr. Acula
02-04-2007, 09:48 AM

Ivalice is not a figment of Mewt's imagination -- it's the historical version of St. Ivalice before a great flood wiped it out. (along with all the various other races and magical abilities) The children are simlpy re-enacting the historical world of Ivalice, which is in turn, happening in Mewt's imagination.

To further confirm this, remember that Viera, Bangaa, etc. exist in Final Fantasy XII, which is based in the same world.

True. Mewt said that Final Fantasy was his favourite game, so he could have meant Final Fantasy Tactics.

Yukki-Chan
02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Right, at the end of the game one of the Viera says to Ritz that she shouldn't be ashamed of her white hair as it shows a connection to the spirit world correct? Viera can use classes like summoners which communicate with spirits. The fact that Ritz has white hair can also mean that she would have the same characteristic ability of the Viera but only in the FF world. In the real world theres a high possibility that she is an albino despite the green eyes.

Theres also the theory that each of the children had a wish and by coincidence most of the wishes could coincide with the Final Fantasy World (plus the fact that it was mentioned after the magic words were spoken from the book). Mewt's wish to not get picked on and have his mother still alive (what better place for this to happen where theres leveling up and phoenix down) yadda yadda, Doned wanting to be able to walk and get over his sickness (probably stayed at an inn or a pub overnight), Ritz not wanting white hair and yet finding a race completly made up of white haired people who help her to get over the fact that she has white hair.

Theres also the theory that has been mentioned that each of the children have an affinity to a race, however this is kinda flawed as Marche doesn't have moogle abilities but helps prove the first theory about Ritz's hair.
Ritz- Viera
Mewt- Nu Mon
Doned- Bangaa
Marche - Humans/Moogles?

Skyblade
02-04-2007, 06:27 PM

Can you give any evidence indicating this at all?!

So what? FFTA was out first. FFXII is based on FFTA, not the other way around.

Grendal
02-04-2007, 08:57 PM

Uh, pay attention to the plot as it unfolds? :P

All of this stuff is mentioned in-game, in the manual or in the official player's guide.

I look at it this way:

Final Fantasy XII occured first
Final Fantasy Tactics occured next, after the great flood had taken its toll on the land and Humans were of the few survivors
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance occured last, in present day

Skyblade
02-04-2007, 11:25 PM

Uh, pay attention to the plot as it unfolds? :P

All of this stuff is mentioned in-game, in the manual or in the official player's guide.

I do pay attention to the plot. I have studied the plot. I've written an essay about it. Nothing at all indicates that Ivalice is a historical version of St. Ivalice. In fact, that goes directly against some of the things that the game does tell us.

I look at it this way:

Final Fantasy XII occured first
Final Fantasy Tactics occured next, after the great flood had taken its toll on the land and Humans were of the few survivors
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance occured last, in present day

And your evidence for that view is..?

Grendal
02-05-2007, 03:02 AM
"Long before the times that history remembers, there was an age of great magic in an anciet land called Kiltia. When the great glood swept over the world, the culture perished, but a key to its magic and secrets -- a book called the Grand Grimoire -- is said to have survived. It it foretold that the one who holds the ancient text will be be able to change the world. Many have sought the book, but none have ever found it. Though the ages, many legends were written about the Grand Grimoire, but legends are often forgotten. Those who once knew it called it... The Final Fantasy. One day in the peaceful, snow-covered town of St. Ivalice, a young boy named Mewt discoveres a mysterious book with no title in the local bookstore. Little do Mewt and friends Marche and Ritz realize that they will soon begin the greatest adventure of their lives."

Taken from the official strategy guide. Do more research. :P

Skyblade
02-05-2007, 03:12 PM
"Long before the times that history remembers, there was an age of great magic in an anciet land called Kiltia. When the great glood swept over the world, the culture perished, but a key to its magic and secrets -- a book called the Grand Grimoire -- is said to have survived. It it foretold that the one who holds the ancient text will be be able to change the world. Many have sought the book, but none have ever found it. Though the ages, many legends were written about the Grand Grimoire, but legends are often forgotten. Those who once knew it called it... The Final Fantasy. One day in the peaceful, snow-covered town of St. Ivalice, a young boy named Mewt discoveres a mysterious book with no title in the local bookstore. Little do Mewt and friends Marche and Ritz realize that they will soon begin the greatest adventure of their lives."

Unfortunately for you, the strategy guide isn't considered canon, since it wasn't written by Square. The description given in the instruction book is this:

"An Ancient Book:
Long before Noah built his ark, the tales tell of an ancient land called Kiltia...a world where swords and sorcery reigned.

Its learning and power were swept away in the great flood, but one clue to its secrets remained: an ancient book known as the Gran Grimoire, hidden in darkness by the powers that once were.

It is not certain how many copies of the book still exist, but it is said that whoever should hold one holds the power to change the world.

Many lived out their days searching the world for surviving copies, but none were ever found.

It was an illusion, they said. A myth-but one worth dying for."

Now, pay very close attention to the verb there. It says "holds the power to change the world." Change, not go back in time. When they go back in time, it isn't to a land called Kiltia, it is to Ivalice. No mention is made in the game of Kiltia, ever. It is not used by any of the inhabitants of Ivalice to name their world, it is never mentioned at all, save in a single line in the instruction manual.

Now, before I say anymore, I suggest you actually play the game, since they only tell you that it is based on Mewt's dreams about 200 times.

Grendal
02-05-2007, 09:02 PM

Unfortunately for you, the strategy guide isn't considered canon, since it wasn't written by Square. The description given in the instruction book is this:

"An Ancient Book:
Long before Noah built his ark, the tales tell of an ancient land called Kiltia...a world where swords and sorcery reigned.

Its learning and power were swept away in the great flood, but one clue to its secrets remained: an ancient book known as the Gran Grimoire, hidden in darkness by the powers that once were.

It is not certain how many copies of the book still exist, but it is said that whoever should hold one holds the power to change the world.

Many lived out their days searching the world for surviving copies, but none were ever found.

You're contradicting yourself. The description you supplied is basically the same as the one I posted.

Now, pay very close attention to the verb there. It says "holds the power to change the world." Change, not go back in time. When they go back in time, it isn't to a land called Kiltia, it is to Ivalice. No mention is made in the game of Kiltia, ever. It is not used by any of the inhabitants of Ivalice to name their world, it is never mentioned at all, save in a single line in the instruction manual.

You may have misinterpreted my post. When I said that Ivalice was the historicial version of St. Ivalice, I didn't necessarily mean that all the events taking place therein actually happened -- I'm saying that what goes on in Mewt's head is inspired by the actual history of their present day world. i.e., Bangaas, Moogles, Nu Mou, and so forth are creatures which existed in their world's past. This is evident by the manual's (and strategy guide's) description. How you can think otherwise is beyond me.

Secondly, Kiltia would be the proper name of the world -- not the specific countryside of Ivalice where all the game's events take place. You seem to have mixed them up.

On a side note, I think there's likely a mistranslation between the Japanese and localized versions of the game. This has probably contributed to some of your confusion about the storyline.

Now, before I say anymore, I suggest you actually play the game, since they only tell you that it is based on Mewt's dreams about 200 times.

You're getting hyper-sensitive over nothing. I only came in here to offer what insight I have into the game's timeline. If that doesn't settle well with your opinion, then I suggest you learn to get over it.

Skyblade
02-05-2007, 09:33 PM

"An Ancient Book:

You're contradicting yourself. The description you supplied is basically the same as the one I posted.

No contradiction at all. The in game one has a couple differences. Failing to notice them is your error, not mine. First, the book is not called "The Final Fantasy". That is a totally incorrect view supplied by the writer of that guide and not supported by any canon evidence. Second, no one said that the book in the store didn't have a title. The title just couldn't be read.

You may have misinterpreted my post. When I said that Ivalice was the historicial version of St. Ivalice, I didn't necessarily mean that all the events taking place therein actually happened -- I'm saying that what goes on in Mewt's head is inspired by the actual history of their present day world. i.e., Bangaas, Moogles, Nu Mou, and so forth are creatures which existed in their world's past. This is evident by the manual's (and strategy guide's) description. How you can think otherwise is beyond me.

Nothing in the game's description of the past world mentions the other races, and nothing in the description of the book nor the information given in game indicates that the book takes anything except for its power from the past.

Secondly, Kiltia would be the proper name of the world -- not the specific countryside of Ivalice where all the game's events take place. You seem to have mixed them up.

*Sigh* Forget it.

On a side note, I think there's likely a mistranslation between the Japanese and localized versions of the game. This has probably contributed to some of your confusion about the storyline.

You think there is a mistranslation, so therefore everything that the game tells us is wrong? Sorry, but no.

You're getting hyper-sensitive over nothing. I only came in here to offer what insight I have into the game's timeline. If that doesn't settle well with your opinion, then I suggest you learn to get over it.

Any proper response to this would likely get me banned, so I'm just going to quit arguing. Ignore what the game tells us. I don't care.

Grendal
02-05-2007, 09:48 PM
No contradiction at all.

Don't make this any more tedious, please...

First, the book is not called "The Final Fantasy".

Read more carefully -- the book is colloquially described as "The Final Fantasy." The book is named "The Gran(d) Grimoire." (the "d" was probably dropped during the romanization -- I noticed that it was missing in the manual's description) You made another mix-up.

That is a totally incorrect view supplied by the writer of that guide and not supported by any canon evidence.

Or, perhaps, it is a more accurate translation of the Japanese plot synopsis. ;)

The Official Player's Guide is, well... official. The information therein seeks to be as accurate as possible. If you feel something is wrong there, then take it up with the writer -- not me.

Second, no one said that the book in the store didn't have a title. The title just couldn't be read.

Does this detail really matter?

*Sigh* Forget it.

I guess this is your subtle way of agreeing with me.

Any proper response to this would likely get me banned, so I'm just going to quit arguing. Ignore what the game tells us. I don't care.

Well, this discussion is over. If you can't handle a disagreement with maturity, then I'm basically wasting my time here. People have disagreements everyday -- it's nothing to take personally.

Skyblade
02-05-2007, 09:58 PM
First, the book is not called "The Final Fantasy".

Read more carefully -- the book is colloquially described as "The Final Fantasy." The book is named "The Gran(d) Grimoire." (the "d" was probably dropped during the romanization -- I noticed that it was missing in the manual's description) You made another mix-up.

No, it's not colloquially described as "The Final Fantasy". It isn't. There is nothing at all indicating that. Why do you continue to hold to a view which has no supporting evidence?

That is a totally incorrect view supplied by the writer of that guide and not supported by any canon evidence.

Or, perhaps, it is a more accurate translation of the Japanese plot synopsis. ;)

The Official Player's Guide is, well... official. The information therein seeks to be as accurate as possible. If you feel something is wrong there, then take it up with the writer -- not me.

Sure, some guy working at Brady or Prima or some other such company knows more about the game and what is truly meant by it than the people that made it.

Wrong. The "Official" guide means that Square Enix gave the liscense to that company to allow them to make the guide. That's it. The information inside the guide is not supported by Square at all, nor is it necessarily an accurate transcription of the contents of the game.

Second, no one said that the book in the store didn't have a title. The title just couldn't be read.

Does this detail really matter?

Yes. All details are important. Ignore the details and you wind up with something that has no bearing on the actual game, which is what seems to have happened.

*Sigh* Forget it.

I guess this is your subtle way of agreeing with me.

No, this is my subtle way of indicating that I don't want to bother arguing with someone who's skull is thicker than a brick wall.

Well, this discussion is over. If you can't handle a disagreement with maturity, then I'm basically wasting my time here. People have disagreements everyday -- it's nothing to take personally.

Yes, for some reason I have a problem being told I'm wrong and that I should pay more attention to the plot by someone who has apparently ignored at least a quarter of the text in the game and who has no actual evidence to support their claims. I'm tetchy that way.

Anyway, I suggest a new topic if you wish to discuss the workings of the Gran Grimoire more. The subject at hand is Ritz.

Leeza
02-05-2007, 11:39 PM

Skyblade, please pay attention to the above quote and stop getting so defensive and negative in your responses and going off-topic.

Xear
10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
I Just found it slightly odd that Ritz got picked on in the human world because of her hair colour.... I mean if it was not an important issue for the plot in genral, who have her picked on for somthing that usally wouldnt be picked on for?

rubah
10-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Little kids get picked on for anything different. Perhaps you should read the story "Ghost Boy" which is about an albino boy who is shunned by his community.

Also, please read the forum rules :) Posting in old threads is not a cool thing to do, so always check the last post's date before you post.