PDA

View Full Version : general blah blah FFV playthrough etc

Paul
12-02-2006, 02:30 AM
sorry if i'm making too many threads. just, keep the discussion flowin', innit? i'm playing through the GBA version and...

so am i right in understanding that when using the freelancer class, i get the passive abilities of every job that character has mastered? is it true that the new jobs passive abilities are not available to the freelancer or mime classes?

i'm about 20 hours in, just got the ranger and bard classes and a black chocobo. the job system is great i am enjoying this game much more than FFIV advance, although FFIV advance had a much better story driving the gameplay than V has so far.

discuss FFV advance and stuff like that!

Jowy
12-02-2006, 08:45 AM
The bonus dungeon is pretty damn difficult.

Unfortunately, Long Range, Read Ahead, Gained EXP Up, Gained ABP up, and Lure don't stack over to Freelancer/Mimic. In my opinion, the only job worth the scratch out of the three is the Gladiator. !Finisher will randomly hit for 9999, or at least a critical hit of ~4000. And Bladeblitz is just obnoxious.

And the first optional boss after Shinryu and Omega freakin' sucks. >_>

Wild0ne
12-04-2006, 02:35 PM
This game is great...I bought FFIII for the DS about two weeks ago and still havent even opened it yet because I am too busy with this game...I only played through it once before on playstation so its like a whole new FF for me. Haven't went for the new job classes yet, still trying to complete the third world. I don't remember getting !DualCast on the PS version, but having !DualCast with a Time Mage and Quick equals Meteor x5...

Can't wait to get the new jobs...and explore the new dungeon...