PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Nerevarine
12-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Can someone around here help me out with a few things like....

Where is the Merit Award?

I heard of a second Memento Ring in stragos home over by the table some how but i can seem to find it. Any thoughts?

Is Illumina better then Ragnarok cuz i dont see it?

Does turning edgar or mog to an imp with all the imp equipment worth it?

I have only a couple of slots open on Gau with his rages but only like three and i have checked lists and i have those lists completed so WTF?

How do you get the Atma weapon really strong/ what does this sword play off of?

Thanks

~Nev

Siegfried
12-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Can someone around here help me out with a few things like....

I heard of a second Memento Ring in stragos home over by the table some how but i can seem to find it. Any thoughts?

I have only a couple of slots open on Gau with his rages but only like three and i have checked lists and i have those lists completed so WTF?

Thanks

~Nev

Never got that or I did and dont know it...

I dont believe the ring is there...

Illumina is better but you have to bet the Ragnarok to get it...

Depends, how good are your Edgar or Mog :p (personally not worth it in my opinion)

There are three rare monsters in the game that you had to have beaten in certain points in the game...Example: Overmind on the Phantom Train...if you have not beaten a normal monster in the game already, then they wont appear on the Veldt

And read the (darn) weapon..."Powers up if equipped while level up"

Correct me if I am wrong on this one guys

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Where is the Merit Award?You get it by wagering a Cat Hood at the Colosseum and fighting a Hoover.
I heard of a second Memento Ring in stragos home over by the table some how but i can seem to find it. Any thoughts?Check the left wall of the second floor.
Is Illumina better then Ragnarok cuz i dont see it?Illumina has higher statistical bonuses in Speed and Evasion, and it randomly casts Holy instead of Flare.
Does turning edgar or mog to an imp with all the imp equipment worth it?It's just a novelty.
How do you get the Atma weapon really strong/ what does this sword play off of?Like in FFVII, its strength is dependent on the user's current HP.

Wolf Kanno
12-02-2006, 07:19 AM

Either I'm not thinking straight, or you're using a different name for the item... But I honestly don't remember an item called the Merit Award.

It should be there, you may have to slowly check each part of the wall. I remember having issues myself the last time I played. If memory serves me correctly. There are actually three Memento Rings total in the game...

To be honest, I've always chosen the esper... Theoreticaly, I would assume the Ragnarok is better. It has a chance to do two attacks. The base damage and then it randomly casts Flare (God I loved how FFVI dealt with elemental weapons:love: ) Illumina does more consistant damage but consumes your mp to do so. But don't take my advice on this.

It doesn't grant them a great big boost. All it really does is allow your imped characters to still be effective in battle. It's a huge boost for the imps but I believe it equals out to how they normally fought un-imped

I'm afraid I can't help you there. I'm sorry:cry:

Your characters hp. It's a two factor weapon. First the damage isusually based off the total max hp your character has. If Locke has 1000hp and Terra has 1500 hp, the weapon will be better with Terra. Secondly, it also factors how much hp your character currently has based on their max hp (If you've played FFVII, it works like the Ultima Blade and Conformer if that helps) Basically, in order to deal the maximum amout of damage you have to have full helath. As the character takes damage, the weapon starts doing less damage. You can tell, cause the animation for the blade changes, and gets shorter as you take damage.

[/quote]

Nerevarine
12-02-2006, 07:38 AM
ok im gonna say something for each of my questions k?

Is there a Merit Award i can just get or is the arena the only way to do it?

Ok got the ring thanks

Ya illumina is better the it just now cast pearl(holy you called it) for me, thanks

ya the imp thing is gay

I have checked lists elsewhere on the internet and i have all the rages on those lists but there are holes in my list. Hmmm?

ok so if i want a person to be good with the Atma weapon i should give them bahamut to level up with so the get a butt load of hp and maybe give them a regen ring as a relic to keep the hp up. good call or not? or is it really that big of a deal.

ljkkjlcm9
12-02-2006, 07:57 AM
for the Atma weapon
if you plan on getting characters up to level 99, most characters come really close to max HP without esper bonuses, maybe 5 levels in the upper levels would max out the HP.

For the Merit Award... I know I found one somewhere, but it's really easy to get cathoods and bet them

for those who don't know, Merit Award allows people to equip weapons they can't normally, such as Cyan with Illumina and such... relic Best used on Gau, makes his rages stronger actually.. I believe

THE JACKEL

Nerevarine
12-02-2006, 06:44 PM
ok never mind im a complete retard and the memento ring i called "my second" is really my first where is the first one.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Relm comes with it equipped.