PDA

View Full Version : Was Hojo trying to mate Aeris and Red XIII?

Peter_20
12-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Alright, I always thought Hojo was planning to mate Aeris and Red XIII, because he "wanted to save both races from extinction", and we also got the whole breeding thing. :eek:
Is this really true?
That sounds terrible.

NeoCracker
12-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I think he was wanting to fuse them or something, I dought they would be able to turn out a kid, and Hojo should be aware of that.

Or you know, he could be into that kind of thing. You never know.

Griff
12-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Oh the fanfictions that could be created from this....

Laddy
12-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Haha, this is tragic. Red XIII is a pure soul, and to have such an evil being mate with him is horrible. Plus it's illegal...

RedXIII-16 Aeris-22 ILLEGAL!

Anyone have a fanfiction? Tell me!

Mirage
12-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Technically, Nanaki is in his 50s.

Bahamut2000X
12-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Well 50's in like....Red XIII years, but in human years he's the youngest guy in the party with Yuffie.

But yeah I always though Hojo was trying to breed them together. How he thought a red wolf that could eat people and a girl who....is a girl could mate, let alone the fact that wolves in a small room with people tend to maul them to death, is way beyond me. Maybe Hojo isn't so smart as just a pervert. >.>

Roto13
12-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Goddamn furries...

Laugh at face of Danger
12-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I think he wanted red haired Aeris babies that liked to chew themselves and scratch behind one ear with their back legs.

When I find the yuffie x red stuff, I'll hop to it and edit it in ^^

TheSpoonyBard
12-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Hojo estimated his analysis of the Ancient would take about 120 years. Obviously, Aerith wouldn't live that long, so his plan was to breed her with a creature with great longevity. As we know from the ending, Nanaki lives for another 500 years, so if the breeding had worked, there would be plenty of time for Hojo and his successors to conduct their experiments.

Ryushikaze
12-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Yes, but the plan itself is just plain stupid, and Hojo should have known that.

Peter_20
12-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Yes, but the plan itself is just plain stupid, and Hojo should have known that.Well, he wasn't that popular as a scientist. :D

MJN SEIFER
12-02-2006, 08:13 PM
<Post removed - far to biased an opionated>

Zeromus_X
12-02-2006, 08:16 PM
MJN Seifer, stop spreading false information.

Psychotic
12-02-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't think he really thought it would work. He was just put them together because he thought it was funny.
RedXIII-16 Aeris-22 ILLEGAL!I don't remember the Midgar age of consent law being made availiable in game. Believe you me, I pestered Mayor Domino for hours trying to lower it so I could hunger after Priscilla and not feel dirty.

Peter_20
12-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Um, my parents were exactly 16 and 22 when they first met, and nobody's told 'em it was illegal. :cool:

Mirage
12-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Well 50's in like....Red XIII years, but in human years he's the youngest guy in the party with Yuffie.

But yeah I always though Hojo was trying to breed them together. How he thought a red wolf that could eat people and a girl who....is a girl could mate, let alone the fact that wolves in a small room with people tend to maul them to death, is way beyond me. Maybe Hojo isn't so smart as just a pervert. >.>
50 years is a longer period of time than 22. Thus, Nanaki is older than Aeris. Just like I am older than my cat, even though my cat is nearing death from old age.

Sefie1999AD
12-02-2006, 09:29 PM
I think Hojo was really desperate and crazy, and he was trying to mate Red XIII and Aeris. Even the characters (well, Tifa) think it's sick:

CLOUD: "What do you think you're doin'?"
HOJO: "Lending a helping hand to an endangered species... Both of them are on the brink of extinction... If I don't help, all these animals will disappear."
TIFA: "... animal? That's terrible! Aeris is a human being!"

Besides, it's not like Hojo didn't do other very sick and inhuman things to other people in the game.

MJN SEIFER
12-02-2006, 11:45 PM
MJN Seifer, stop spreading false information.

"False Information" = Stuff that *I* know is false.

This is just how I interpretted (sp) the game.

He has a perverted look at him on the meating when he says that he's thinking of breading her.

So that's how they came to that conclusion - so that's how I came to that conclusion.

If I turn out to be wrong it won't be false information.

So please throw the word knives for no reason.

Nothing I spread wether it's correct or not will ever be "False Information"

I truly hope you understand.

LunarWeaver
12-03-2006, 01:47 AM
One way or another, this is straight up the hottest scene in the whole game.

abrojtm
12-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Are you forgetting Bukki in the Honeybee Palace?

LunarWeaver
12-03-2006, 02:36 AM
Are you forgetting Bukki in the Honeybee Palace?

I'm ashamed of myself now. :mad2: I stand corrected.

Bahamut2000X
12-03-2006, 04:27 AM
The "Breading" involved him and Aeris if you get my drift.

He has a perverted look at him on the meating when he says that he's thinking of breading her.

I dunno what breading is, but it sounds hawt!!! :love:

He only put Red there to make sure Aeris didn't escape

I hope you realize how flawed that logic is. Putting a defenseless human in with what we all believed to be a wild animal at first, in fact most probably would think of Red XIII as a monster like the kinds outside towns. It's easier to just lock Aeris inside a cage by herself, and much safer no less, then to stick her in a cage with a dangerous animal. It's like kidnapping someone off the street then locking her in a room with hungry tigers. They ain't gonna watch her, thier gonna eat her like a fat man eats whoppers. >.>

vorpal blade
12-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Hojo is a pervert. Didn't you see him in Costa del Sol next to all those bikini babes?

And of course Red is gonna attack Aeris! That way, Hojo can rush in and "save" her... after the beast tears her clothes, off course.

And you don't bread people, you bread chocobos. People are deep-fried.

Christmas
12-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Ya, I think it is mating season during that time.

opiumcloud
12-04-2006, 07:01 AM
Yes, he was trying to mate them. After Aeris and Red XIII escape, if you remember, Red XIII says something like "I should have a choice, too. I don't like two-legged creatures."

Laddy
12-04-2006, 01:08 PM
YOU IMBECILES! RED XIII IS CLEARLYMN STATED AS A POLITE AND INTELLIGENT CRITTER! SO NO, HE PROBABLY WOULD NOT WANT TO EAT THAT EVIL AND ANNOYING BRUNETTE I CANNOT REMEBER THE NAME OF! :D

Psychotic
12-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Cool it, RedXIII13.
Are you forgetting Bukki in the Honeybee Palace?His name is Mukki. :mad2:

Edge7
12-09-2006, 01:08 PM

Actually Red Is 16 in red years and 50 in human years, otherwise he wouldn't be alive 500 years later

And who is Mukki :confused:

Bahamut2000X
12-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Doh your right. I got my year conversions mixed up. :eep:

Was thinking of the different years backwards.

Moon Rabbits
12-10-2006, 05:35 PM
I think Hojo was really desperate and crazy, and he was trying to mate Red XIII and Aeris. Even the characters (well, Tifa) think it's sick:

CLOUD: "What do you think you're doin'?"
HOJO: "Lending a helping hand to an endangered species... Both of them are on the brink of extinction... If I don't help, all these animals will disappear."
TIFA: "... animal? That's terrible! Aeris is a human being!"

Besides, it's not like Hojo didn't do other very sick and inhuman things to other people in the game.

Yep.

CimminyCricket
01-15-2007, 02:55 AM

Actually Red Is 16 in red years and 50 in human years, otherwise he wouldn't be alive 500 years later

No, red is 16 in human years, which is why he was being treated like a child by his "grand father" in which his arguement was, but I'm 48 (or forty six). To which his grandfather replied, Not in human years. or something of that sort.

oddler
01-15-2007, 04:02 AM

Go make a sandwich with that meat and bread. If you don't want it, I'll take it.

Yes, I think he was trying to breed them.

blackmage_nuke
01-15-2007, 04:32 AM
Maybe it was some kind of mako induced mating

-

blim
01-15-2007, 04:48 AM

No, red is 16 in human years, which is why he was being treated like a child by his "grand father" in which his arguement was, but I'm 48 (or forty six). To which his grandfather replied, Not in human years. or something of that sort.

What are you basing that on, dog years? As far as i'm aware Nanaki was not a dog.

vorpal blade
01-15-2007, 10:17 AM
No, that's being based on In-game dialogue that goes as follows:

Red XIII: Please stop, grandfather. I'm 48.
Bugenhagen: Ho Ho Hoooo. Nanaki's tribe has incredible longevity. So you see his 48 years would only be equivalent to say that of a 15 or 16 years old in human reckoning.
Cloud: 15 or 16!?
Bugenhagen: He's quiet and very deep. You thought he was an adult?

And he is rather wolf-like in both appearance and behavior (as in howling at the moon).

Griff
01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
No, that's being based on In-game dialogue that goes as follows:

Red XIII: Please stop, grandfather. I'm 48.
Bugenhagen: Ho Ho Hoooo. Nanaki's tribe has incredible longevity. So you see his 48 years would only be equivalent to say that of a 15 or 16 years old in human reckoning.
Cloud: 15 or 16!?
Bugenhagen: He's quiet and very deep. You thought he was an adult?

And he is rather wolf-like in both appearance and behavior (as in howling at the moon).

The context of this dialogue in the game is that Red is 48 years, as in cycles of the calender, old. But due to the longevity of his tribe it is like he is 15 or 16. Look at it this way, say the average lifespan of a human is 100 years, at age 15 a human would have lived out 15% of their lives. What this dialogue is saying is at 48 human years Red has only lived approximately 15 or 16% of his expected lifespan.

TheSpoonyBard
01-15-2007, 12:02 PM
That's how I've always seen it, and agree with it completely. The only problem is that if 48 years is 15% of his lifespan, 100% is 320 years. However, he's shown 500 years later looking in good health. Something doesn't add up.

Mirage
01-15-2007, 12:56 PM
In fact, it should be more like 255 years. The average life span of a human is about 80 years, that's 5.3 times as much as 15. 48 * 5.3 is ~255. This means that Nanaki being over 550 years would be equal to a human being over 170 years. This is quite improbable, unless the average life expectancy in Gaea is 180 years, and that would be a pretty baseless assumption.

Dinnova
01-15-2007, 02:14 PM
That's how I've always seen it, and agree with it completely. The only problem is that if 48 years is 15% of his lifespan, 100% is 320 years. However, he's shown 500 years later looking in good health. Something doesn't add up.

It Just means he had a long and happy life :D (based on his cubs and all)

Firo Volondé
01-15-2007, 02:19 PM
I don't think that part of the scene was trying to imply that Nanaki's 'tribe' had three times the lifespan of humans, just that Nanaki was in the stage between being a child and an adult. After all, if you take the dialogue literally, Bugenhagen is a direct ancestor of Nanaki:p. My theory is that Nanaki's lifespan is exponentially higher than humans, so that his maturity is equal to a human a third of his age now, but that could increase to 10 times or more by the end of his life.

TheSpoonyBard
01-15-2007, 02:28 PM
This means that Nanaki being over 550 years would be equal to a human being over 170 years. This is quite improbable, unless the average life expectancy in Gaea is 180 years, and that would be a pretty baseless assumption.
Bugenhagen was approaching 130. Maybe those with legs last another 50 years or so.

Griff
01-15-2007, 09:41 PM
It's FFVII. They screwed enough things up with the story that basic math was the least of their worries.

Slicksword45
01-15-2007, 09:56 PM
This thread scares me *Shudders*

But yea, I think he was trying to mate them. I'd hate to see the kids.

The black mage
01-15-2007, 10:01 PM
there's one thing i don't get,
Where did he get a mate to have cubs NOTE:NEVER PLAYED Derge of ceribus.
Also I've always thaught that 500 was the first number the wirter's thought up that they could use. That or it was miss translation.

TheSpoonyBard
01-15-2007, 10:18 PM
When Bugenhagen said Nanaki was the last of his kind, he was mistaken.

I don't think 500 years is a mistranslation. If it were, AC wouldn't have 498 years earlier at the beginning.

Mikztsu
01-15-2007, 10:47 PM
I always thought it was obvious that he was mating them. I'm sure the baby would've been very cute.

Edge7
02-12-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm sure the baby would've been very cute.
:eek:

Yliette
02-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Just thinking about Red XIII having a ding-a-ling makes my skin crawl... :eek:

SPOILER ALERT!!
In FFVII's ending, we see Red XIII 500 years later running towards a ruined Midgar. Running along him were two cubs of his own race. Now how could he have reproduced since Buganhagen has stated that Red XIII is the last of his kind? :confused:

ReloadPsi
02-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Even if he intended to get Aeris and Red to physically breed, how did he plan on making them do it? Sneak a Lasan Nut into Red's Mimmett Greens?

He obviously intended to just mess with their DNA and create something with Red's lifespan and Aeris' abilities. Even he would realise that interspecies sex is out of the question, even if he has seen the Terra/Mog hentai I was unfortunate enough to encounter.

Strawberry_Mew
02-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Well it could happen I mean Reds Grandfather is human so his mom must of been human to :3 it is a strange way of life :sweat:

sockmonkey
02-22-2007, 06:41 AM
Obviously Hojo intended to splice their DNA and create an experimental hybrid. He clearly had the know-how. He was just screwing with Aeris's head for his own sadistic fun when he showed her Red XIII.

As for the cubs, either Bugenhagen was wrong, lying to keep the survivors safe, or they were cloned.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-22-2007, 08:34 AM
bugenhagen said "he's PROBABLY the last fo his race" evidently he was mistaken.

the whole red XIII real age thing seems to be getting people here. Red has lived for 48 years (i.e. 27 years longer than cloud) but in red years he sixteen because due to his longetivity, a red yr is like 1/3 of a human year.

Yliette
02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Too bad Square never intended to create a sub-story of Nanaki's race. That would have been highly interesting.

sockmonkey
02-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Too bad Square never intended to create a sub-story of Nanaki's race. That would have been highly interesting.

Someone probably did a fanfic on this somewhere.

BudSoda02
02-25-2007, 05:49 AM
Well I think that he'd evebtually find some other of his species... His children are very cool though. Nanaki was my favorite FFVII character. It sucks that they gave him only one line in advent children. Oh well. Maybe some other time. Nanaki's story at Cosmo Canyon was truly moving to me. His whole backround is just awesome. Well before I blab all night. Tell you more later.
Thanks- 'Ace' #101 Chevy Monte Carlo- Can Am Speedway www.canamspeedway.com - Dirt Track LaFargeville, NY Can't wait til April!

Aerisfanatic
02-26-2007, 09:52 PM
i always thought that hojo thought that red XIII was dangerous and he was trying to kill aeris

BudSoda02
02-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Geez people. Nanaki was trying to fool Hojo when it looked as if he were going to attack Aeris in the Shinra building. Anyway he is one of the best characters ever, my favorite character Advent Children didn't do him justice. Shame on Square for not implementing many character better, such as Reeve aka Cait Sith, Yuffie and even some flashback stuff... Well they didn't wanna run into another The Spirits within... Otherwise a good job by them.
See ya- 'Ace'