PDA

View Full Version : Guinness World Records

Rye
12-02-2006, 03:31 PM
I am on a World Record kick after finding my Guinness World Records 2006 book, so I'll share some records with you. Post some that you know of, too!

* Did you know the person with a bullet in their head for the longest time is Kolyo Tanev Kolev, who shot himself accidentally behind his right hear with a pistol? He had a bullet in his head for 61 years.

* Did you know the largest kidney stone weighed 12.5 oz and measured 4.66 inches at it's widest point? Ouch!

* Did you know the most gender reassignment surgeries goes to Fulvia Celica Siguas Sandoval (Peru), who had 64 since 1979.

* Did you know the first spam email was sent on May 3rd, 1978 by Gary Thuerk.

* Did you know the oldest tortoise is 175 years old and was collected by Charles Darwin himself?

* Did you know the largest natural breasts belong to Annie Hawkins-Turner which have an under-breast measurement of 43 inches (109.22 cm) and an around-chest measurement of 70 inches (117.9 cm)? She wears a size 52I bra even though she needs a 48V, which is not manufactured. That's so big. D:

* Did you know the longest nose known was 7.5 (19 cms) long? What a NOSEPASS!

* The longest word in the World is the Swedish word: "NORDÖSTERSJÖKUSTARTILLERIFLYGSPANINGSSIMULATORANLÄGG-
NINGSMATERIELUNDERHÅLLSUPPFÖLJNINGSSYSTEMDISKUSSIONS-
INLÄGGSFÖRBEREDELSEARBETEN" (130 letters) which means "preparatory work on the contribution to the discussion on the maintaining system of support of the material of the aviation survey simulator device within the north-east part of the coast artillery of the Baltic." xD

* Did you know the oldest male stripper "Silver Tom Sellect" started his career at 60 to get in shape after recovering from prostate cancer, and he's won 40 stripping contests?

* Did you know the most bras unhooked in a minute were 20 by Chris Nicholson? ;D ;D

* Did you know the longest hot dog is 34 ft and 5.25 inches [10.5 m] long?

* Did you know the strangest diet belongs to Monsier Mangetout (Mr. Eat Everything, see, I still know a bit of french!), who has been eating metal and glass since 1959? He's eaten 18 bicycles, 15 shopping carts, 7 TV sets, 6 chandeliers, 2 beds, a pair of skis, a computer, and a Cessna light aircraft. By 1997, he had eaten nearly 9 tons of metal.

Xander
12-02-2006, 03:37 PM
I don't think I knew, but you win the world record for the smallest text on a forum, possibly XD

I just liked looking at the pictures :)

Rocket Edge
12-02-2006, 03:42 PM
I love looking at the Guiness records.

- The biggest card house ever built measured 7.8 metres high & consisted of well over 100'000 cards.

The Devil Man
12-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Did you know-

Devil Man has the biggest man-boobs in the world?

Quindiana Jones
12-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Did you know-

Devil Man has the biggest man-boobs in the world?

Oh Dellas! You're always forgetting to complete sentences!

Devil Man has the biggest, and tastiest, man-boobs in the world.

Diango12
12-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Largest Collection of Bar Towels: Robert Begley of Chambersburg, United States, with 2,372 towels representing 27 different countries; which he has been collecting since 1990
Largest Collection of Keychains: Emilio Arenas Florin of Colonia, Uruguay, with 25,630 non-duplicated key chains, which he has been collecting since 1955.And cool what record are you on rye?

Odaisé Gaelach
12-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Apparently, the most radioactive place on earth is Lake Karachay, a lake that was used to dump nuclear waste from the Mayak nuclear reprocessing plant in Russia.

The lake is so radioactive, that standing on its shores will give a human a lethal dose within one hour.

Yamaneko
12-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Please state real world records, guys.

My favorite:

The Guinness World Record for the longest continuous bout of hiccups (1922–1990) goes to Charles Osborne (1894–1991) from Anthon, Iowa. The hiccups started in 1922 at a rate of 40 times per minute, slowing to 20 and eventually stopping in February 1990 – a total of 68 years