PDA

View Full Version : Things you don't like about this game.

Auron_kun
12-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Post what you find that you don't like about this game.

I find only one thing wrong with the game and that is you can not buy phionex downs...

Elpizo
12-02-2006, 08:28 PM
For DS Version:

Victory Fanfare and Normal Boss Death for the Final Boss, that's my only complaint. Faithful to the original? Then have that freaking boss sink away into nothingness, will ya?!

And at first I foudn the Boss Music And FBOss music not that great, but since I downloaded the OST, I take back those words. Final Battle DS rocks. ;)

That's all, maybe I'll have more once I get the game.

For Original Version:
Final Boss has only 2 attacks... And she only uses 1 of the two, just great...

Zeromus_X
12-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Really only the poor treatment of some songs in the game (Noah's Lute, and the final boss theme...) disappointed me. :cat:

Elpizo
12-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Really only the poor treatment of some songs in the game (Noah's Lute, and the final boss theme...) disappointed me. :cat:
I'm not going to argue, but I thought FB DS sucked too in the beginning, but now with Headphones and a good quality OST track, I find it to be pretty good. Well, very good actually. I had to take back my words.

So, simple question, did you face the FB yourself or did you watch a crappy recorded video? The difference was so big between the two I nearly fainted. Just asking...

Zeromus_X
12-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Yes, I've completed the game. Like alot of the rearranged music for the remakes/ports, the emphasis on certain melodies/beats/whatnot seems different, and in this case, the final battle track doesn't seem to focus on the melody enough to give it the same epic 'OMFG FINAL BATTLE' feeling the original had. This might also have to do with the orchestral direction in the rearranged soundtrack, too.

Not that I really hated it, I just prefer the original. Maybe if I had a nice pair of headphones it would sound better.

Now, Noah's Lute, on the other hand. It doesn't even sound haunting or mystic any more. It just sounds like the beat to an Irish folk song. I guess if that's really how they wanted it to sound, but I don't really like it whatsoever.

Elpizo
12-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Yes, I've completed the game. Like alot of the rearranged music for the remakes/ports, the emphasis on certain melodies/beats/whatnot seems different, and in this case, the final battle track doesn't seem to focus on the melody enough to give it the same epic 'OMFG FINAL BATTLE' feeling the original had. This might also have to do with the orchestral direction in the rearranged soundtrack, too.

Not that I really hated it, I just prefer the original. Maybe if I had a nice pair of headphones it would sound better.

Now, Noah's Lute, on the other hand. It doesn't even sound haunting or mystic any more. It just sounds like the beat to an Irish folk song. I guess if that's really how they wanted it to sound, but I don't really like it whatsoever.
Well, overall everybody agrees that with headphones music sounds better. Headphones + Final battle + VERY LOUD = Well, pretty good, it does, at least for me, indeed sound like that 'OMG FINAL BATTLE!'. What really didn't make me feel 'OMG FINAL BATTLE!' was the victory fanfare and the normal death of the boss.

*Listens to original Lute of noah and DS one*
You know, you're right. The original sounds more mysterious. The DS sounds just... normal?

Anyway, thanks for clearing this up.

BillyBologna
12-02-2006, 09:06 PM
What i dont like about the game is the fact that you need wi-fi to unlock basically all the side quests at the end of the game. I know theres a couple but none that compare to the Wi-fiable stuff. I dont understand how anyone years from now will be able to unlock this stuff if they fire up the game. I dont see the reasoning on having to send a bunch of messages out to people that you dont even know. My guess is the majority of people just send something stupid like maybe the word "spam" or other stuff like that. Maybe thats just me though.

As far as the music goes, i've played through the whole game with headphones and i really like it.

Sefie1999AD
12-02-2006, 09:39 PM
*SPOILERS!!!*

Two things I dislike about the game: no save points in the final dungeons (if you die or want to play the final parts again, you'll need to play through at least Sylx Tower and Dark World again), and the fact that you'll need to use the WiFi to get most of the side quests done.

As for the DS final battle music, I think the parts leading to the final battle (when the Dark Knights sacrifice themselves etc) are pretty good, but the actual battle theme could have been better, IMHO. The good parts start when the strings and cymbals hit, but they last for a really short time, and I think the song is also too short.

KH-Cloudy
12-03-2006, 02:28 AM
I don't like the fact you can't buy ethers.

Captain Maxx Power
12-03-2006, 04:33 PM
The fact that you can happily get by without spellcasters for most of the game until the end, at which time spellcasters become the most godly characters in the game (NES version only).

Takara
12-03-2006, 11:26 PM
The fact that now that I finally manage to save almost enough money to buy a DS, I can't find the game anywhere in town. >_< So now I'll have to order it online and wait more days before being able to play.

Peter_20
12-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Alright, before I start, keep in mind that I'm an extreme purist. :D

The only thing that really bothered me in this game was the weird magic order.
I mean, it does look weird when Bolt3 and Fire3 are placed in the first column, while Ice3 appears in the second column for some damn reason.
And it's even placed after Break! :eek:

Break - Ice3 - Shade
Bolt3 - Kill - Erase
Fire3 - Bio - Warp

Why? :mad:
It doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever!

And yes, you all know this matters to you as well, because wouldn't you feel annoyed if the base spell Cure was listed after Esuna, Soft, Life and Wall?

Cid Vicious
12-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Alright, before I start, keep in mind that I'm an extreme purist. :D

The only thing that really bothered me in this game was the weird magic order.
I mean, it does look weird when Bolt3 and Fire3 are placed in the first column, while Ice3 appears in the second column for some damn reason.
And it's even placed after Break! :eek:

Break - Ice3 - Shade
Bolt3 - Kill - Erase
Fire3 - Bio - Warp

Why? :mad:
It doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever!

And yes, you all know this matters to you as well, because wouldn't you feel annoyed if the base spell Cure was listed after Esuna, Soft, Life and Wall?In the DS version you can put them in any level order you want, dosen't this apply in the original?

BillyBologna
12-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah i think it just shows up in the order you learn it, but if you one in the front and then learn it again it will be in the back and you can move them around however you want.

silentenigma
12-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Weak story. Especially when you compare it to FFII.

atlanteay
12-17-2006, 03:45 PM
the lack of save points. It's not like i have the time to go through almost an hour of the final dungeon without a rest. Also, training my butt off only to find the next boss killing me very easily (but i always survive :D )

btw, there aren't any health springs in the Sylx Tower or the world of Darkness are there?

undnce
12-17-2006, 08:27 PM
btw, there aren't any health springs in the world of Darkness are there? No, but everytime you beat one of the 4 main bosses, you get hp and mp revived.

atlanteay
12-17-2006, 11:46 PM
yeah, except cerberous killed my party so i have to replay the whole tower and stuff again <_< argh. i hate the lack of save points in this game.

KH-Cloudy
12-18-2006, 04:35 AM
The game was too easy.

undnce
12-18-2006, 09:29 PM
the dark cloud was too easy... or I was over-leveled

icefire_phoenix
01-02-2007, 09:52 PM
I find it annoying that Sages can't use Mega Flare, etc. and Ninjas can't use Masamune + Ragnarok anymore.

Scream1008
01-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Lack of save points and the inability to buy phoenix downs (guess I should have read this thread before making my own). I also don't like the world map music.

abrojtm
01-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Garuda.

ljkkjlcm9
01-03-2007, 08:32 AM

The original version basically had no story.

I personally love basically everything about it. I can't really think of anything off the top of my head that I hate!

THE JACKEL

Jowy
01-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Famicom version makes me tilde.

The DS version fails to grasp my attention and I find nothing entertaining about it.

Hambone
01-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I liked pretty much everything (DS version) but the Invincible is really slow and I like the nautilus more.

lufia
01-03-2007, 09:20 PM
im not a fan of level grinding. its more of work than fun. also the story is very weak. being able to revive characters and than cure them is not predetermine since all 4 characters act randomly so you probaly cure the dead guy first than revive them.

ljkkjlcm9
01-03-2007, 09:43 PM
im not a fan of level grinding. its more of work than fun. also the story is very weak. being able to revive characters and than cure them is not predetermine since all 4 characters act randomly so you probaly cure the dead guy first than revive them.
they don't act randomly, they act based on their agility.

And if you use cure on someone who is dead, it cures someone who isn't dead in the party, the highest living person in the formation. The story is weak because it honestly didn't have much of a story. They spent more of the game memory on the gameplay aspects than the story. And, they made "level grinding" necessary because some people had claimed the previous games to be too easy, and the only way to make an RPG harder, is to make the enemies stronger.

THE JACKEL

undnce
01-03-2007, 11:00 PM
I didn't like how you can't buy pheonix downs, and how the invincible is so slow. but this game rox:D

Scream1008
01-04-2007, 04:20 PM
The battle system: it's not the ATB system and it annoys me because if you want to cure someone, you have to wait until your whole round of attacks has passed, instead of curing them almost immediately. Even through all this, I still enjoy the game.

undnce
01-05-2007, 10:05 PM
yeah, but it's easy to get used 2:D

lufia
01-09-2007, 01:39 PM

And if you use cure on someone who is dead, it cures someone who isn't dead in the party, the highest living person in the formation. The story is weak because it honestly didn't have much of a story. They spent more of the game memory on the gameplay aspects than the story. And, they made "level grinding" necessary because some people had claimed the previous games to be too easy, and the only way to make an RPG harder, is to make the enemies stronger.

THE JACKAL
its random man, agility has nothing to do with speed. agility is how many hits you can do when u attack. my theif has 3 times higher agility than my lancer and they both only get 1 turn per round.

Hambone
01-10-2007, 12:02 AM

THE JACKAL
its random man, agility has nothing to do with speed. agility is how many hits you can do when u attack. my theif has 3 times higher agility than my lancer and they both only get 1 turn per round.

Agility influences the order in which actions are executed in battle.
FACE.

staveoffzombies
01-10-2007, 09:26 AM
The length of the final dungeons. I mean, I leveled up to 65 before tackeling them to make sure I would be able to beat them in my first try ...it still took me almost 2 1/2 hours to get through them...and if I had been killed by a boos for some freak reason I would have been REALLY pissed.

lufia
01-10-2007, 12:39 PM

THE JACKAL

FACE.

having agility doesn't influence the speed. have a character with lower agility and use a hi-potion. than have a character who has a higher agility use raise. you can't predict when his goiner use raise, somtimes its after the hi-potion is used and sometimes its before so don't blame the charge time because it does get random sometimes. also having a character with twice the agility of a fiend doesn't give him the speed of two turns but gives him double the hits per round and the first strike. try the raise and hi-potion randomness out yourself. FACE

01-10-2007, 04:41 PM
[nes version]

not enough menu space makes it annoying to change classes.
The parts where you're forced to use classes you don't want.
Long final dungeon without saves.

But none of that makes the game un-awesome.

Crossblades
01-12-2007, 03:26 PM
[nes version]

not enough menu space makes it annoying to change classes.
The parts where you're forced to use classes you don't want.
Long final dungeon without saves.

But none of that makes the game un-awesome.

This is how I feel also. I have yet to play the DS version though

Hambone
01-12-2007, 10:40 PM

THE JACKAL

FACE.

having agility doesn't influence the speed. have a character with lower agility and use a hi-potion. than have a character who has a higher agility use raise. you can't predict when his goiner use raise, somtimes its after the hi-potion is used and sometimes its before so don't blame the charge time because it does get random sometimes. also having a character with twice the agility of a fiend doesn't give him the speed of two turns but gives him double the hits per round and the first strike. try the raise and hi-potion randomness out yourself. FACE

I'm gonna go ahead and believe Ken Schmidt (the author of the guide) and SE who made the game. Thank you, come again.

lufia
01-13-2007, 06:59 PM
what the autthor of the guide is saying is correct but what im saying is also correct, and that it has no contradictions to my statements, lack of knowledge

ljkkjlcm9
01-13-2007, 09:10 PM
what the autthor of the guide is saying is correct but what im saying is also correct, and that it has no contradictions to my statements, lack of knowledge

I will admit that sometimes using items would change the order of how people act, though not always. And like I said, guarding/defending makes you act first as well.

THE JACKEL

snacks
01-13-2007, 09:14 PM
DS version?

Quick save.

::Punches various holes in walls::

ReloadPsi
01-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Most aspects of the story seem randomly thought up and tossed into a pot until they had enough to make a long game. Apparently the DS version improves this, but if this dark force is corrupting random people, why doesn't it think to target one of your party members?

recordable idiot
01-16-2007, 04:35 AM
Hey, what's up everyone? This is my first post and I just got this game about less than a week ago. I'm on the second continent and am currently at the part where...eh, I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't played the game yet.

None-the-less, I like this game so far. I grew up on the old school RPG's, so this classic turn-based gameplay is awesome for me. Cheers.

Hambone
01-18-2007, 05:03 AM
Okay...hi.

smilejb
01-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Hello, I'm new too.

I haven't beat the game or played the old version, but I'm close to the end. I basically just don't like 4 things. The invincible is slow compared to the previous airship, noah's flute, how much we don't really need spellcasters, and needing to send people messages to get the side quests.

The story was kind of lame, but the story in the first final fantasy wasn't all too great either. (I did like how it ended though).

Citizen Bleys
01-19-2007, 05:04 PM
FACE.

You do realize that the one thing that sets BradyGames apart from all other guide publishers is Brady's uncanny ability to be wrong 99.999% of the time?

Del Murder
01-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Wow that's a big percentage.

I get annoyed that you can't use your abilities from other jobs once you change job.

Peter_20
01-20-2007, 12:57 AM
I marvel at how extremely lightly everyone takes the sucky magic structure.

I mean, this does NOT look good:

Break - Ice3 - Shade
Bolt3 - Kill - Erase
Fire3 - Bio - Warp
Quake - Brak2 - Drain

What damn kind of sucky structure is that, seriously?
THIS would have looked MUCH better:

Ice3 - Break - Shade
Bolt3 - Kill - Erase
Fire3 - Bio - Warp
Quake - Brak2 - Drain

It makes much more sense: the elementals share the same column, as do the Break spells.

Yeah, I know it's no big deal, but it does annoy me.
Elementals are supposed to be listed BEFORE stuff like Break.
Have you ever seen stuff like Haste and Reflect stand before the basic spell Cure?

smilejb
01-20-2007, 05:53 AM
I marvel at how extremely lightly everyone takes the sucky magic structure.

I mean, this does NOT look good:

Break - Ice3 - Shade
Bolt3 - Kill - Erase
Fire3 - Bio - Warp
Quake - Brak2 - Drain

What damn kind of sucky structure is that, seriously?
THIS would have looked MUCH better:

Ice3 - Break - Shade
Bolt3 - Kill - Erase
Fire3 - Bio - Warp
Quake - Brak2 - Drain

It makes much more sense: the elementals share the same column, as do the Break spells.

Yeah, I know it's no big deal, but it does annoy me.
Elementals are supposed to be listed BEFORE stuff like Break.
Have you ever seen stuff like Haste and Reflect stand before the basic spell Cure?

Um, they are in the order that you learn them. They can be in any order you want. if it bother you so much, buy another break and shade.

Then with the person who has that order, get rid of break and shade. Ice 3 is now on the left. Then learn break first. Now its in the middle, and shade last.

Edit: Forgot to put one more thing I don't like. The intro for this game teased me >_>. I spent more than a couple of hours hoping that the game would have some more good graphics.

And the summons, you see them for like 2 seconds.

ljkkjlcm9
01-20-2007, 07:05 AM
like the poster above me said, it's in the order you learn them. You do not need to buy the spell again if you remove it though, it just gets put into your inventory, so you can learn them in any order you want.
Blizzard Fire Sleep
Poison Blind Thunder
Blizzara Fira Thundara
Blizzaga Break Shade
Raze Erase Thundaga
Bio Firage Warp
etc...

I arranged it that way by unlearning spells and putting them in the order I wanted

THE JACKEL

Citizen Bleys
01-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Wow that's a big percentage.

In the server admin world, the five nines means that a service can only be available for roughly 5 minutes per year.

In Brady's world, it means they can technically get something right once per book as long as they present the information in a deceptive enough manner that the entirety of the reader base misses the point completely.

smilejb
01-20-2007, 07:31 PM
*didn't know about spells going back to inventory*

Thanks jackal :-D. here I thought it could cost as much as 20k just to move around some spells >_>. Also makes the extra spells I bought kind of useless >_>.

Peter_20
01-21-2007, 12:53 AM
like the poster above me said, it's in the order you learn them. You do not need to buy the spell again if you remove it though, it just gets put into your inventory, so you can learn them in any order you want.
Blizzard Fire Sleep
Poison Blind Thunder
Blizzara Fira Thundara
Blizzaga Break Shade
Raze Erase Thundaga
Bio Firage Warp
etc...

I arranged it that way by unlearning spells and putting them in the order I wanted

THE JACKALI tried buying Cure2, Exit and Wash in my preferred order once (so that Wash shared the same column as Pure, and Exit the same column as Warp), but they still ended up in the same boring order, no matter what I did.

Citizen Bleys
01-21-2007, 06:39 AM
New thing I hate about this game: The end boss is too bloody hard.

Peter_20
01-21-2007, 04:34 PM
New thing I hate about this game: The end boss is too bloody hard....but there's a very good strategy:

NINJA: Shuriken + Shuriken
NINJA: Shuriken + Shuriken
SAGE: Cure4
SAGE: Cure4

Kinda mainstream strategy, though. -.-

Del Murder
01-21-2007, 05:55 PM
There usual early FF array of useless instant death spells also irks me.

smilejb
01-21-2007, 07:27 PM
what about some of the summons. Not being able to choose a white or black effect >_>.

hoborg
02-05-2007, 02:59 AM
My main urk right now (DS version) is that the bosses are about a million times harder than the mobs you have to kill to get to the boss, which is what I usually use as a gauge of how i'm doing. My guys are at lvl 30 right now and I'm going up against Odin under Saronia. Getting there is a cakewalk, I can kill the monsters while taking next to no damage. However, once I finally GET to Odin and I think I'm doing well, he just does his 1300-damage-to-everyone move and everyone's dead. Reading more through the forum, I learned that you should be at least lvl 40 before tackling Odin (presumably to have enough HP to survive that attack). So there's a 10-level difference between the monsters in the dungeon and the boss?? I'm questioning whether its worth it to grind for 10 levels, or just get FF6 in a couple days and play that, heh.

silentenigma
02-06-2007, 01:28 AM

THE JACKAL

Wait, They added story to the new version?

Fusionedd
02-15-2007, 11:37 PM
The game is well enjoyable with the many jobs =D

ljkkjlcm9
02-16-2007, 02:15 AM

THE JACKAL

Wait, They added story to the new version?

well they added a bit of story, like the characters personalities, and letters to people add more story to it.

THE JACKEL

Fusionedd
02-18-2007, 12:04 AM
They also gave names to the FF3 Denizens.