PDA

View Full Version : 24 and then some

Chemical
12-02-2006, 11:02 PM
I've officially been wide awake for 27 hours and 00 minutes.

It all started with with midterms and finals, I needed to stay up to write my papers so I'd be up till 3 or 4 am then wake up around 11 am. As finals progressed It kept getting later. I'd go to bed at 5 am wake up at 12 and lately I've been up till 7/8 am and then wake up at 3 pm. In an attempt to fix my sleeping pattern I've decided to stay up until 11 pm tonight racking a total of 32 hours.

I'm feel pretty zombielike, and almost giddy.
I've even found myself laughing at some of Cthulu's posts.
I'm at a lowly state my fellow members.

Woah man... I just realized I'm on like... Russian time, maybe I could speak Russian or dance with bears or drink vodka if I try hard.

Anyways:
What are you experiences with sleeping habbits? How do you fix a bad pattern or why/what's the longest you've stayed up for intentfully (not necessarily due to insomnia or other medical conditions)? Etc. Etc.

theundeadhero
12-02-2006, 11:15 PM
My job sometimes requires me to stay awake for at least 28 hours at a time. Other times I find myself staying up all night designing web pages, or even just spending time with friends. I'll usually just stay awake until I'm ready for bed later that night, which leads to an average of 40 hours straight awake, but sometimes I wind up accidently falling asleep. This happened just today. I was up all last night, then fell asleep in philosophy class today. The one day we had a Saturday class. At least I didn't miss much.

Martyr
12-02-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm in the same boat as you, except that I don't sleep the right amount of hours.
I was up until 6.30 last night, but I got up at 10 anyway. If I'm up until 5 tonight, which I probably will be, I'll still get up at 9 or 10. In fact, i gotta go to church tomorrow, so there it is.

Miriel
12-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Hahahaha.

You don't even want to know how whacked out my sleeping "schedule" is.

nik0tine
12-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Hahahaha.

You don't even want to know how whacked out my sleeping "schedule" is.

Tavrobel
12-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I usually get ten hours of sleep. I tried pulling an all-nighter, but was forced to fall asleep by friends and family. What a waste of caffeine.

Denmark
12-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately, the last few nights I've gotten about 6 1/2 hours of sleep (go to bed at 2, get up at 8:30 thursday and friday, bed at 3:30 and up at 10 today), when i really need more. And I can't nap during the day to make up for lost sleep.

My longest non-sleep period was about 27 hours, on prom weekend last year. And I was driving, too. FUN!

Yamaneko
12-02-2006, 11:57 PM
I have regular sleeping patterns. Usually in to bed by 12-1am on weekdays and 1-3am on weekends depending if I go out. I can't function on no sleep, so staying up all night trying to get a paper done doesn't work.

I've stayed up over 24 hours before, but that was when I was younger. If your internal clock is messed up, the best way to reset it is just to go to sleep immediately. It's the weekend, so you'll have time to sleep.

Citizen Bleys
12-03-2006, 01:26 AM
That's not healthy.

As you approach 72 hours without sleep, you'll start to hallucinate, with slightly less severe effects commencing sometime within the next couple of hours.

Roto13
12-03-2006, 01:31 AM
I usually get a solid 7 hours. One time I was awake for 36 hours on two hours of sleep, though. By the end I was wired. I wouldn't shut up. It was like I was on coke or something (not that I would know). Then my legs gave out and I was like "!" "..." and I kinda zoned out. Then I went to bed and slept for 12 hours.

Ryth
12-03-2006, 01:34 AM
I've been up for over 30 hours. It's not fun, I get tired and grumpy, but I couldn't fall asleep. To be honest I annoyed a lot of people, and a lot of people annoyed me. My patterns change.

Chemical
12-03-2006, 04:29 AM
That's not healthy.

As you approach 72 hours without sleep, you'll start to hallucinate, with slightly less severe effects commencing sometime within the next couple of hours.

I guess that explains why I'm talking to you.

;D

But yeah.. I'm at 32 hours and 30 minutes.
I'm hitting the sac.

Citizen Bleys
12-03-2006, 04:42 AM
I guess that explains why I'm talking to you.

Why you little...

Point.

3-1, but I'll even up the score some other time, when it's less like shaking the crap out of a kitten.

NeoCracker
12-03-2006, 04:47 AM
For over two months I ran on 2 hours a night, about five of those nights I had no sleep, and a couple three hour nights.

Thats when the Navy said, "Uh, no. Your going home."

Damn the Navy and its Health requierments!