PDA

View Full Version : LOL Grinding (Looking to Power Level)

Giga Guess
12-03-2006, 02:01 AM
WHY cruel gods?! Why do the best ABP giving creatures give no EXP?

My point: Where would you recommend to do some power levelling. I wanna beat Shinryuu and Omega before I take on ExDeath.

Bunny
12-03-2006, 03:56 AM
The Iron Giants in the Castle portion of the Void give 5000 exp per kill. Groups of two give 10,00. They can easily be found in the last floor of the castle before going into the actual Void (where the guys that give no EXP are found). That is, if I remember right, 5000 even with 4 guys. They go down pretty easily too.

Aside from that, the bonus dungeon gives the most EXP. But that's after ExDeath.

Oh, and Omega is easy. Just get Flame Rings from the Hidden Village. Coral Rings work wonders on Shinryuu as well, but some of his attacks can still get you.

Giga Guess
12-03-2006, 05:25 AM
Shinryu is pretty easy with a little luck, and 8 Dragon Lances (I have 2...:p) But yeah...I'll give it a whirl.

Jowy
12-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Eight is skullduggery. I didn't have any problem with four Dragoons with one a piece at level 45 just spamming !Jump.

Bunny
12-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Two. Faris with Dragon Lance x2, !Time, and !Rapid Shot. Quick + Rapid Shot + Rapid Shot = Dead.

16 x 2,700 - 2,800. Three Gungnirs as well at 3,000 each probably helped though. Shinryuu is easy as piiiiie.

Also, I was wrong. Iron Giants give 2,500 exp to a party of four. A party of one gets 10,000. It is 5,000 for two slain Iron Giants. Although I do believe they are one of two or three monsters that give 2,500 exp to a party of four, the most you can get from any one monster.

Sefie1999AD
12-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Another place where you can do some power-levelling is the castle with the sealed weapons. The zombie dragons give all your characters 2500 EXP if I remember correctly, and they can be defeated by controlling them and having them use their flame attack on themselves. Be prepared to face Exdeath Souls there as well, though.

Mirage
12-03-2006, 02:57 PM
I like grinding on Mini Satanas in the Bonus dungeon. One gives 12000 exp, and you sometimes get two in one fight. They're really easy too! You'll encounter a trio of Dark Elementals now and then too, they're rather hard but give 5000 exp when killed. Of course, this is after Exdeath, but I don't really see the need for powerleveling before after killing him.

Giga Guess
12-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks Mirage, but I'm looking for pre-bonus dungeon.

Cid Vicious
12-04-2006, 10:13 AM
I've got a tip for you Giga Guess and anyone else who dosen't already know about this. If your playing the GBA remake, you can use the QuickSave glitch to always encounter the rarest enemy in the area every second battle. You could use this to fight two Iron Giants in the Void castle basement to help you lv up, or three Movers of the Void near the final save point to master all the Jobs (or the most usefull ones) before fighting ExDeath/Shinryuu/Omega. You can also use it the bonus dungeon to track down Hades who's suppose to give 50,000 EXP (or 125,000 for one character with EXP UP equiped). It's also helpfull to complete your Beastiary without too much timewasting searching for them.

Giga Guess
12-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Hmmmm...what area do I find Hades in? (I mean I need him to learn Doomsday too, once I get Necromancer. (For the record, I've beaten Omega, Shinryuu, and ExDeath...now I have Omega Mk.II, Neo Shinryuu, Enuo, and a slew of other joys to contend with.)

Cid Vicious
12-04-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure of the exact location, most likely near the end of the dungeon though. You can also find Dinozombies that give 30,000 (75,000) earlier on in Titan's Grotto. They have 20,000 HP, but with Excalibur/Holy Lance/Sshot, you should be able to kill them easy.